Thread: Upgrade at CTI

Hybrid View

Default Upgrade at CTI

I was able to get in on the Wednesday special for the $298 room rate at CTI. I was curious to know if we decided to upgrade to a Jr. Suite, or whatever the next level is, is it best to wait until we arrive to see if an upgrade is available and pay for it onsite?

Regards

J.C.

Hi J.C.! We also got in on that GREAT deal yesterday! I was wondering the same thing about the upgrade... I guess we'll just have to wait and see
    ~ Lori

If you got in on the Wednesday special for super duper savings, I am not sure why you would want to spend extra on an upgrade? It is just that it was first come first serve, maybe some were not able to get in on it, thus if you are willing to pay more money for a different room, perhaps book the room of your choice at the rate grid rate, leaving the availability for savings for someone that might not be able to afford such a wonderful place if they were to pay rate grid rates.

CTI is wonderful no matter what room you are in!

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
    If you got in on the Wednesday special for super duper savings, I am not sure why you would want to spend extra on an upgrade? It is just that it was first come first serve, maybe some were not able to get in on it, thus if you are willing to pay more money for a different room, perhaps book the room of your choice at the rate grid rate, leaving the availability for savings for someone that might not be able to afford such a wonderful place if they were to pay rate grid rates.

CTI is wonderful no matter what room you are in!
    Because it is a complete surprise for my spouse and she may enjoy an upgrade I just do not know since I have never been in charge of doing this before. I want to give her what she desires. Not trying to take anything away from anyone else.

Just trying to give everything I can to my girl. Ok with you?

If you really want it, book in advance. Upgrades are not always available.

We go in July and have always booked the room we want. In previous years hubby and I have both check for available upgrades prior to arrival and all the suites were booked (they don't have many at CTI) and even when part of the rewards package, they were not available. So pay for it or not, it's not been available. This year we have been check for at least 6 months and the suites are not available.
    Vicky

I apologize for this being taken the wrong way. You were able to get the best deal of any Wednesday Special I have seen so far, I should not have presumed you could have booked the upgrade on your present budget. I did try to specifically end with the resort was wonderful, no matter what room you are in.
    I should have kept my comment to myself. I will be logging out for the last time now, no more messages, at the risk of offending anyone. This is not and never has been what I ever wanted to do.
    Enjoy your time at CTI, you will be with the one you love, she is lucky to have a man that wants to give her everything. Again, I am sorry for overstepping my bounds on this one.