Thread: Flights to MBJ

Default Flights to MBJ

We normally fly AA to Miami then to MBJ arriving mid afternoon and departing around 11 am. As I look to book in October of this year I notice AA only has 7AM departures. That would require we leave CSS at around 2AM. Has anyone else noticed this problem. I tried looking at the week earlier but no difference. Is it just because I'm trying to book through Couples? I welcome your input!!!! John & Judy

you didn't state where you were flying FROM. We ran into the same problem booking for December, flying out of Miami, so switched to Spirit for a later flight leaving MBJ, 3:45 pm so we can enjoy 1/2 day in paradise!
    Never flown Spirit so hope all goes well!

There is a 3PM flight 1812 from Mo'Bay to Miami on AA. When booking through Couples you have the option to CHANGE FLIGHTS. It is a small link. Look for it. If it is not there simply call the Couples 800 # and they can hook you up.

Try looking at different days, or maybe different airlines. How far ahead are you looking? Maybe try one of the sites that looks at multiple airlines. I don't have my home computer here or I would post some links for you. Watch your thread for some good ideas. Good luck.

Default Do I have an airline for you

I actually found a nonstop flight. Go to usa3000.com and their rates are the same. I book our trips and I book them separately because I get better deals. You can also pick a vacation package through this site with couples and you save a few bucks. Really, go check it out. This is the only airline I will fly. When we went in December, most of our time was airports, this time we will get there in a little over 3 hours. You cannot check into the rooms until 3 pm, but I think you will like the deals. We are going again next month and this is the first time we are using this airline.

Hope you find this information useful

We flew aa in march from hartfort ct to miami then onto mbj. We also booked thru couples. Leaving css on a Monday our flight left at 2 so we were able to at least have breakfast before the long sad trip home. Once we wnt thru customs at mbj our flight kept getting delayed and we didn't end up flying out of mbj til 6. Us and another couple kept thinking about all the lost time we could have had at css

John and Judy: I believe you are mistaken about American Airlines flights to and from Miami. They have various flights in both directions. We are arrving on a flight from Miami at 2:45 PM on 12/13/11 and departing on 12/23/11 @ 3:55 PM. Those flights are not the only flights on AA. I see that you are traveling in October not December which might make a difference
    I am suggesting that you check with American Airlines to see what is actually available

Looking on AA.com I see two flights from MBJ to MIA in October. One leaving at 7:00 am and one leaving at 3:00 pm. Not knowing the dates you are talking about, this is all I can do to help.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

We live in Jax and went thru Miami on AA ...once. Never again. We now drive to Orlando and fly Jet Blue. Absolute heaven, non-stop to MBJ, and even with the drive it's quicker than changing flights in Miami. Seriously. Also, going thru immigration/customs is much easier and more pleasant. There are several choices of flights both ways as well.

Our drive to Orlando is about 2 1/2 hours. We actually go there the night before and stay at a hotel at the airport (cc points, no cost for us). Catch the 8:00 outbound flight, land at MBJ at 9:44 and you're on the beach by noon (CN). You really get the benefit of a most of the day. Coming back, we catch the 10:40 flight and are in Orlando by 12:45, home by 4:00.

Bonus: the round trip fares that we got (early November) were 280 per person. We love Jet Blue.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I am flying on Airtran in September which will soon be Southwest Airlines. However where do you fly from to MIA then to MBJ?

We're flying October AA back to MIA at 3PM. Maybe the flight is already booked.

Thanks, I did check it out but they have very specific airports to and from the do not meet our needs. We are in Florida (Tampa / Miami / Ft. Myers).

Quote Originally Posted by jjprescott View Post
    Thanks, I did check it out but they have very specific airports to and from the do not meet our needs. We are in Florida (Tampa / Miami / Ft. Myers).
    Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ) to Miama, Florida (MIA) has a 3:00 pm flight on American Airlines. Did you check their website for that flight on your returning date?
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I always check online on one of the sites that looks at multiple airlines. I then look at the Couples site and look at booking both hotel and airline or just hotel and then book my own airline. Usually I don't like the flight times that Couples offers so I book separate.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Direct from the AA web site and also CONFIRMED on the COUPLES web site. There are 2 flights available on American Airlines from MIAMI Florida to Mo'Bay and vice versa.

For the return flight there is the EARLY flight and the 3PM flight #1812. This flight LEAVES Jamaica at 3PM and FLIES to Miami, Florida USA. Is that where you wish to go? If you are having problems navigating the Couples web site then call the COUPLES reservations people. They will help you.

Regards
    J.C.

Departure
    Arrival
    320 07:00 AM
    MBJ 09:40 AM
    MIA
    Flight Details

$114

$585

$330

$524

$1140
    1812 03:00 PM
    MBJ 05:45 PM
    MIA
    Flight Details

$164

$585

$330

$524

$1140

I think I know the problem. Depending in the site you use and how you have the results sorted, you may only be seeing the $288 flights. The flights with a 3:00 p.m. return are $308.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!