Thread: ketchup!

Default ketchup!

ok. i know this is probably a southern thing. we have to have our ketchup! lol we are from the u.s. and the area of louisiana. does anyone tote their own ketchup? can you do this? im gunna try! i have heard from others that the ketchup in jamaica is not like ours. are we the only ketchup lovers? and it has to be heinz!! lol!

I read all the time about people bringing their own. Jamaica does have ketchup, but it's made with cane sugar and not as processed as we are used to in the states. I have read everything from people bringing bottles to the little packets that get from fast food places (you can probably buy packets at Sams or Gordon Food Services also).
    Vicky

No the ketchup is not like ours, IT"S BETTER. I love the Grace ketchup.

my wife always packs some of the the little packets for her fries etc......
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

We are leaving for CTI on Friday and my bottle of ketchup is already packed!!

Unless you are some sort of ketchup connoisseur you should be fine with the ketchup that is available. While different, it is in my opinion better than most of the stuff we get in the States. Not quite so sweet. Besides, try some of the different condiments available. You would be amazed at how good jerk sauce can be on fries or a burger.

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    No the ketchup is not like ours, IT"S BETTER. I love the Grace ketchup.
    I'm with you. I always prefer more natural foods.

Default ketchup

We actually bring a few bottles of Grace ketchup back from Jamaica! It is available in regular and "hot". Both are great for BBQ season!

Funny, I had read their Catsup was no good. It is better!

I love the ketchup served at Couples too!
    But then again....when eating jerk chicken & fries at the beach grill looking out on the beach, the water, your SO, any ketchup would taste great on your fries!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Unless you are some sort of ketchup connoisseur you should be fine with the ketchup that is available. While different, it is in my opinion better than most of the stuff we get in the States. Not quite so sweet. Besides, try some of the different condiments available. You would be amazed at how good jerk sauce can be on fries or a burger.
    this is what I do. jerk sauce on the frys is GTG!
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

I like the ketchup they have in packets at CSA but do not care for the kind in the bottles.

I know that you can buy Heinz Ketchup in one of the stores at CN. I assume (but am not certain) that it would similarly be available at the other three resorts. Perhaps more frequent guests of those resorts will comment to advise with certainty if it is available at the other resorts as well.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

My boyfriend is a ketchup freak! He puts it on EVERYTHING! So when I heard the ketchup would be a culture shock I immediately decided to pack a big ol' bottle of heinz ketchup for him. He hardly touched it, and he's the pickiest person alive. I would say if you want to be safe bring a few packets, but the Grace ketchup is really good!

I'm with everyone else Jamaican ketchup is yummier and fresher tasting!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

What do you use ketchup on other than maybe fries or a burger at the grill? I sure wouldn't want to spoil any of the delicous dinner entrees with ketchup. Yuck.

Apparently the folks who run the gift shop have caught onto all the Heinz addicts. There are bottles of Heinz for sale in the gift shop at CN. I to am a bit of aHeinz addict but at the same time when Rome etc. Actually the Grace Catsup with a dash of Hot sauce or Jerk is pretty good. I would sooner that than have a suitcase full of Ketchup. Enjoy your trip and enjoy some of the great taste experiences of Jamaica. mc

my honey has to have his ketchup but we both try food with out hesitation! we cant wait to try and no i will not let him take the ketchup anywhere but breakfest and the grill! lol

My wife loves ketchup on her fries and she is not a person who enjoys hot or spicy food. With that said, she has to have jerk sauce pouring over the edges of her plate when she's at the beach grill! Pack a small bottle of Heinz for your own "security" issues, but my guess is you won't ever open it if you give the jerk or Graces a try!

That's funny about the Heinz in the gift shop, but I wonder if it's actually the same as the States: It would depend on where it's made/bottled (think about all the Coke now imported from Mexico back to the States now because many people prefer the cane sugar taste rather than the HFCS).

I'd also suggest trying Pickapeppa with your fries (or whatever equivalent brand of the same basic stuff they may have). YUM!

Pickapeppa on everythin Ya Mon funny you mention about the Heinz because the Heinz Ketchup made here in Canada has a much sweeter cleaner taste due to the use of sugar as opposed HFCS. Enjoy good food mc

We like Grace's ketchup... bought a couple of bottles at the airport on our way home last November. I do have to say though, it tastes much better at the resort! Looking forward to eatting it again with my fries in July at CTI...!

Just returned home from CTI yesterday. We took our own bottle of Heinz. Used most of it and left the rest in the pool grill. While there, we got several of the staff to try it with the french fries. They loved it because it was different from theirs.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Agreed. I like my Heinz ketchup just as much as the next person, but my husband and I LOVED the ketchup in Jamaica...it's a little more sweet then Heinz...I'd buy that ketchup over Heinz any day!
    Danielle & Mike
    ----> Honeymooned at CSA June '11!
    --------> Really can't wait to be "home" again!

I have to agree on liking the Grace brand Jamaican ketchup better. It could be just because it is different. I just was using a good bit of it last week while we were there.