Default Attire for 8 Rivers at CTI?

How formal is 8 Rivers? For men... Are ties required?

Thanks!

No ties required. Just long pants, collared shirt and closed toe shoes are the dress code (no sneakers, shorts or t-shirts)

Dress slacks for men, collar shirts and dress shoes....jacket optional.....No tie required.

Never seen anyone wear a tie anywhere. At 8 Rivers I wear nice pants, shirt or polo shirt with closed toed shoes. I don't mind dressing up a bit at dinner time.

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

No, no, no. My hubby has worn long pants with a polo/golf shirt, and also long pants with a tropical print shirt. I have seen men in linen pants and shirts also. Enjoy! My hubby claims he gets the best steaks at 8 Rivers.
    Vicky

No ties are not required. My husband wore khaki pants, a button down shirt with collar, and loafers. We had a wonderful meal, it was one of my favorites out of the week we were there.

Do make sure you wear closed toe shoes! I wore fancy sandals and I was sent back to my room to change....several other ladies were that night also...some didn't bring closed toe shoes and they couldn't dine there.

Default Say no to jackets and ties

Avoid bringing ties and a jacket to CTI. No need for them and just takes up space in the suitcase. Do bring a nice shirt and pants for dinner(s). If the wife insists on you bringing a jacket and tie, advise her that you will be the only one wearing them. I did bring a jacket (not a tie) and never wore it. Next time, no jacket. Too hot and relaxed for that!

Toddheather's post makes it sound like closed toe shoes are a requirement for women too. Would someone clarify? I don't recall seeing that before now. Heading there July 8-16 and very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by toddheather View Post
    Do make sure you wear closed toe shoes! I wore fancy sandals and I was sent back to my room to change....several other ladies were that night also...some didn't bring closed toe shoes and they couldn't dine there.
    That's something I've NEVER seen.

Quote Originally Posted by EventplannerDC View Post
    Toddheather's post makes it sound like closed toe shoes are a requirement for women too. Would someone clarify? I don't recall seeing that before now. Heading there July 8-16 and very excited!
    Women do not need to wear closed toe shoes. They can wear dressy sandals.
    Vicky

Closed toe shoes for ladies? None of my summer heels are closed toe!?! Can someone please give some more insight please........

Default Thanks for the responses

And for the added room in my suitcase!

We are also going in July...13th-20th!! Very excited as well....

Thanks all. That is what I originally thought, but would have packed "work shoes...ie closed toes shoes" to save us the embarrassment of being turned away. Appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by toddheather View Post
    Do make sure you wear closed toe shoes! . . . .
    I don't mean to pick on toddheather, but this is one of those message board oddities where someone posted incorrect information and it was repeated and repeated and repeated until it became adopted to the exclusion of the correct information.

The shoe requirement for men is CLOSED shoes, not closed-toe shoes.

From the Couples Resorts brochure, which you can access from a link at the very bottom of the page:

"Be sure to pack lots of light and comfortable clothing—and remember to include a few nice items to wear at night! We like to think we’re pretty casual, but there are a few minor dress requirements. When dining in any of our restaurants—besides the laid-back Beach Grill—during the evening hours, we request that you keep your sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, and tank tops in your room. And while casual elegance is the preferred style at most of our restaurants, we request a slightly more upscale look at [the gourmet restaurant]. Men are asked to wear slacks, collared shirts, and closed shoes, while dresses, skirts, or dress pants are requested for ladies."

This dress code is not strictly enforced any longer, as most of the restaurants now allow people to wear shorts (and we saw one guy show up for dinner in pajamas a couple of year ago); only the gourmet restaurants still try to adhere to the original dress code.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).