Default New Message Board, New Name

My first post with our new name. Formerly Simicu, I decided to change it, as that the now-former screen name actually begat on the Trip Advisor board. So I thought it only fitting that a more personalized SN should be associated with this fantastic board and this board only.

Obviously Ron and Rosa are the first names for the Mrs and me and the 25 represents our 25th anniversary, which as some of you already know, doesn't come around until next year.

Looks like a much more sophisticated MB is in store for us. Very nice, looking forward to all the new exchanges from here on out.

Hiya R & R,
    Glad to see you made it over to the new MB. Im still trying to figure it out LOL. Lots of new features = lots of new fun!!!

Becky & Wayne
    CTI in April 2010

Hey Becky!! Yeah, TONS of new features. That will be great for the techies, of which I am not one.

But that's ok, just exchanging posts in here with my Couples friends is good enough for me. This is a great place, just chock full of very nice, helpful and above all, informative people.

Hey Ron and Rosa!! Welcome to the new message board!! I am slowly getting the hang of it, I came to it kicking and screaming LOL, because I HATE change. I still refuse to twitter though

Bold lime green shows up much better!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

You and me both Kristen. In fact to this day, I still don't have a clue as to what exactly twitter is. I remain one of the more technically naive folks in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    You and me both Kristen. In fact to this day, I still don't have a clue as to what exactly twitter is. I remain one of the more technically naive folks in this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read each others' updates, known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters, displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to other users - known as followers - who have subscribed to them. Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow open access. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications. The service is free over the Internet, but using SMS may incur phone service provider fees.
    I know this probably added to the twitter confusion.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

R & R, congrats on the 25 years, that is great.

I love that I could drop the 9093 from my screen name which was also a TA screen name. But if I dropped the Blondie, I would be lost.....lol

And I really love is that there is all kinds of COlOR choices.

Thanks for the "education" Jeff. Won't matter much being I'll remain clueless about it, but I do appreciate the info.

And Blondie, nah, can't picture you changing your name. It was easier for me, first still being a relative newbie, and secondly wanting to separate it from the same one used in the TA website. It's all good in the Couples hood.

After all these years of Yahooing now I have to learn to Twitter too?

No worries about Twitter, mon! I consider myself pretty techno savvy - totally hooked on Facebook! - but I tried Twitter out when it was introduced a few years and didn't like it then, still don't like it now. You're not the only ones not Twittering!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Default No Twittering For Me Either

There will be NO Twittering for me either guys. I don't text, Twitter, Tweet, Facebook, MySpace or YouTube & barely use my cell phone. Who in the heck has time for all that stuff anyway???? Between e-mail & this message board (both which I enjoy), my free time is pretty much gone & what's left, I like to read (a real honest to goodness book made with paper & everything), sit on the porch with a cold beverage doing absolutely nothing, & spend time with my hubby & 2 cat boys just hanging out. I don't even get the whole reality TV craze so very seldom watch much TV. It all just makes me feel stressed. Now I do all my bills & banking, etc. online and even that I think was almost easier when you actually sit down once a month or whatever & wrote out the checks & mailed them. Now it seems like I'm doing something with it every single day. Oh well, I'm just old I guess & my mind is still back in the "good ol' days". I don't even have an I-Pod & I'm making out just fine with my 8 track tapes. LOL
    Julie