Default New to Couples Resorts

Hi everyone -- My husband and I are in our late 40's/early 50's. We're looking for a relaxing beach getaway with activities available and ability to just veg out as well. We can meet people but would like down time, too. Never done all inclusive but like the idea. Night life is not necessary but ok to have it available if we'd like. We're looking at CTI Ocean front rooms. Any suggestions/advice is appreciated.

Late 40's early 50's and we are making our 5th trip in July to CTI. We enjoy the company of others or not depending on our mood. Awesome staff, excellent food. Very relaxing. The most stress we had last year was it was the first time we left our oldest (19) by himself while we were gone. We enjoy the peacefulness of the beach--being in a cove, there are no guests from other resorts or vendors on the beach. The exception to the vendors are the ones the resort allows and they aren't "hawking" their wares, they just set up their table. As for A/I, it is AI. My hubby is not a beach person, however, he likes the idea of parking his wallet in the safe and not taking it out again until we leave.
    Vicky

My husband and I were just like you, same age range and looking for then same thing. We chose CTI and just loved it. You will not be disappointed at CTI, in fact they will exceed your expectations. We decided that if we ever win the lottery that we would live at Couples for 6 months and visit our children and grandchildren the other 6 months we loved it so much!!!

Honestly, we like CN and CSS more than CTI. Negril has the amazingly calm beach, great sand and lots of shade. They also have better restaurants in my opinion. CSS has the wonderfully romantic atmosphere with all of the little hideaway places - almost like you are alone on the resort. And I think the staff at CSS are more friendly than the other resorts.

The beaches at CTI just aren't as nice and it just seemed to be a place that accommodates a bit more of a party crowd. CN seems to be a bit younger crowd also, but the beach makes up for that.

Of course, we all have different opinions - that's what makes the world go 'round!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerChitsNGiggles View Post
    My husband and I were just like you, same age range and looking for then same thing. We chose CTI and just loved it. You will not be disappointed at CTI, in fact they will exceed your expectations. We decided that if we ever win the lottery that we would live at Couples for 6 months and visit our children and grandchildren the other 6 months we loved it so much!!!

lol that is what we are hoping for!
    Vicky

Hi Mary,
    We were first timers at Couples Tower Isle earlier this year and absolutely loved it. You will not be disappointed! You'll find that the staff are incredible, the food is amazing and you'll meet some wonderful people from all over the world. The friendliness of the staff rubs off on the guests. Everywhere you look, you see smiling faces, staff calling out to you asking how your trip is, and fellow guests just stopping by for a quick chat. We are on the shy side (40's-50's) and we were made to feel at home almost instantly.
    Enjoy your stay!

Wife and I are in our early 50's. Going back "home" to CTI for the 4th time this September. You made the right choice in CTI. You'll love EVERYTHING about CTI. Ages don't mean anything, you'll get along with everyone. Ocean view is out of this world. We wouldn't have it any other way. Have a GREAT time.

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

Seems like each resort has it's own special attractions. All Couples Resorts are fantastic. A positive feature at one resort is not a negative at another, as each has it's own attraction. My wife and I love CSS as that was where we went for our honeymoon and have returned every year. Bottom line is you can't go wrong at any of the the four wonderful vacation spots!!!