Default Jamaica Weather in April???

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like late April in Negril and Ocho Rios? I've heard that sometimes it's windy and rainy and that can postpone water sports.

We were in Negril in April 2009 and Ocho Rios (Tower Isle) in April 2011. We traveled in early/mid April both times. Weather was beautiful - not one day were any water sports cancelled at either place. We got married this past April. Here is a link to our slideshow - As you can tell by the photos, the day ( and week) were perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOzKAdVsJSc

Quote Originally Posted by travelingpair View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the weather is like late April in Negril and Ocho Rios? I've heard that sometimes it's windy and rainy and that can postpone water sports.
    Went to CSS for a week in late April. Weather was great. Two mornings we had some showers that were over by 8:30am. Temp was mid 80s during the day and mid 70s at night

We've been to Jamaica four times in April...our anniversary is April 18. There is an occasional rain shower, but it is brief. We have never experienced a full day of rain in the last four years.

I've been twice in late April, didn't rain once either time.

We traveled April 20-27 this year and had about 5 minutes of rain at CSA . It averaged 85 degrees and a little humid. GORGEOUS! Like the other posts, it can rain briefly every day.

We usually go in mid April when the rates drop. We've been on both sides on the island (Negril & Ocho) 4 time each and we always had good weather and never saw water sports shut down due to weather. Maybe we just got lucky but I think the weather in April is as good as any other month. You may get a shower or two throughout the week but they are short and sweet.
    The temperature in Jamaica is pretty consistent all year; 80's during the day and 70's in the evenings no matter which month you choose to go.

We were just at CSA 4/22-4/30 and had absolute wonderful weather---full sun very few clouds every day. We had 1 shower in the early afternoon one day for an hour maybe----we just ventured over to the beach bar and waited it out. No worries, and we can't wait to go back. Looking at going back next year in April

@Trish- Your wedding photos are BEAUTIFUL!! You all were glowing ;-)

Loved the turquoise colors of your bridal party!!

May the rest of your lives together be as magical and beautiful as your wedding day.

We went 4/22-5/2 and experienced 2 days in a row where there was a pretty strong downpour for at least an hour or two around lunchtime, and some scattered brief showers a few other days. Most of the time the weather was sunny and it wasn't ever really windy that I recall.

I have to agree with Fluffin...Trish, you wedding was magical...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    @Trish- Your wedding photos are BEAUTIFUL!! You all were glowing ;-)

Loved the turquoise colors of your bridal party!!

May the rest of your lives together be as magical and beautiful as your wedding day.
    Fluffin - Thank you so much It was a perfect day.