Default OOT bags and minimums on quantities of items

I know I'm jumping the gun, since I have no idea how many people are even coming to the wedding yet, but I was just browsing various sites that have personalized beach-themed items for the OOT bags.

I want to hear where people have gotten their personalized items from. The sites I've been finding have minimum purchases of like 24 or 30 of the same item. I highly doubt we'll have more than 8 guests. I don't WANT to buy 30 personalized scented candles!

I was thinking straw beach bags with some non-personalized stuff like flipflops, bug spray, suntan lotion and a few magazines....possible a sarong for the ladies. However, I wanted to include a few personalized things like mints, candles, chocolates shaped like seashells, etc... Every site I've found so far has minimum purchases that are way too much though!

Try browsing Etsy. Once you find something you like, send a note to the shopowner and ask what kind of customization options they offer. An order of ~10 items might not be big enough for a large company, but is perfect for a hobbyist or small business. Good luck

Stacie, I bought starfish wine stoppers, I really did not know how many I needed but I bought 10 and only have 5 couples joining us, so I have a few extra for myself. I bought them from Weddingstar. Throughout the year I picked up bug spray, first aid kits etc. I bought enough of these items for 10 oot bags. I only have to make 5, but the items I bought I can always use myself throught the summer. I had thought about the sea shell chocolates as well but was concerned they might melt on the plane or drive to resort. I have decided to had out the shell chocolates at my at home reception

For some items check out minimus.com I got the medicine and stuff from them, no minimum order!

Thanks, that's a great idea!

We purchased our OOT bags from vista print (http://www.vistaprint.com/tote-bags...._ToteBags#here) and we bought 30 of the 2-Tone tote bags. You can order a small quantity there; for 10 bags, I think it would cost you about $130. Obviously the more you order, the cheaper, but, I don't think their prices are bad, considering that they are fast service & you can upload and/or design whatever you want on the bag. The bag itself, isn't the best quality of material, but we were happy with our bags. :-) Good luck on your wedding. We get married on CTI on July 2nd! :-)

www.beau-coup.com

A site I just found that has quantities of 12 available for a lot of things.

Hi Ladies ~ Sorry to ask what might be a stupid question, but I got married 19 years ago and we didn't have "OOT" bags. What are they?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

OOT bags stand for out of town bags. Its just a nice thank you for your guests. Usually you have a nice bag (that they can use to take to the beach) (or even a nice gift bag) and you fill it with varies items such as sun screen, bug spray, first aid kit, wedding favour etc.

Out of Town bags... A welcome goodie bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post
    www.beau-coup.com

A site I just found that has quantities of 12 available for a lot of things.
    Stacie.. did you get your bags on that site or did you get your stuff for in the bag on that site?

I haven't purchased any of it yet. I just like to be prepared. I still have 9 months to the wedding and the guests are not all confirmed yet.

Wow stacie- you are prepared! This is very fun... We got our bags for the reception... lets see if I can post a picture of what they look like. Name:  IMG_0743.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  32.7 KB

well it looks dirty but I swear they aren't and they are straight out of the box they came in!!! Thoughts?

Name:  281618_10150264774037236_548372235_7494905_7940103_n.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  47.7 KB

Here's mine... With all the stuff I included!

R&R that's awesome!!! What's in the red containers??? And wedding kit??!! WAY COOL! I Totally have to pep mine up!! Are you doing something special for each bag like an individualized gift or something different??

The red container is actually pink and it is just a "beach safe"... Waterproof holder/case.
    In the survival kit we have, a first aid kit, ibuprofen, aloe, sunscreen, immodium, gatorade powder, tums, cough drops, pepto, shout wipes, alka seltxer... Stuff like that!

Each bag will have a lanyard and id holder that is big enough to hold room keys in a waterproof holder... as you can see above that picture shows "Tanya & Jason"... But other than that no other personalization.

WOW you are like me I think everyone will have some type of hangover and upset belly! I will have to put together everything and post a picture of my stuff now.. Were your bags from Vista Print?

No, cheaptotes.com. I made the design and had them screen printed.

@R&R how did you get the box? Just bought them and printed label?

Well, we have ended up with only 2 other couples confirming, so I'm going with 31 gifts tote bags with CSA and the date of the wedding embroidered on them. I need to start buying the stuff to put in them.

Quote Originally Posted by cypris View Post
    Try browsing Etsy. Once you find something you like, send a note to the shopowner and ask what kind of customization options they offer. An order of ~10 items might not be big enough for a large company, but is perfect for a hobbyist or small business. Good luck
    I finally just started looking at Etsy and I'm finding so much stuff that I love!! I'm ordering personalized chapsticks from one woman who does small quantities. I'm also ordering non-OOT bag stuff, like starfish and shell hair pins and bouquet stems. I'm also having someone make us a wooden sign to hang from our door with "Stacie ♥ Chris." So much good stuff on here! Thanks for the suggestion!