Default CTI wedding....nervous

I am getting married January 28th 2012, we went with the CTI package and now I am nervous about the decision. I have not read about too many weddings out on the island which makes me wonder a little, also the wedding is at 5:00 and I have read a lot of people decided with the earlier times! I looked at a few pictures from some CTI weddings (which were beautiful) but I have never been to the resort so I don't really know what to expect!

April, you will love it! I'm getting married there later this summer. We did pick an earlier day time and just on the beach, not the island.

I wanted cooler weather, hence the AM time. Plus we couldn't afford the sunset wedding package.
    The only potential negative about getting married in the evening is that you feel on edge and nervous all day long! But that may not be bad either. Go to the Spa!

There are lots of pictures posted within the boards but also collages on Youtube and such of CTI. Go check it out.

You will love it! I know I'll be posting a full review, pictures and movie when we return!

Best wishes!

Randymon recently posted pictures of his vow renewal ceremony on the island at CTI. You may find this link helpful. I believe island ceremonies are only scheduled late afternoon after the island closes for sunbathing. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I just got back from my CTI wedding & it was AMAZING!!!! If you go with the CTI (Private Island Package) you will be so happy you did. I guarantee that you & your guests will have a great time!!!! My new husband & I were just so happy that we decided to go for the destination wedding. We had 40 guests attend & it was the perfect venue for our wedding. You will not be disappointed. Everyone at CTI is a pleasure to work with. Latoya is the BEST!!!! She is the wedding coordinator at CTI and she was so organized, friendly, accomodating - BEST DECISION to book this wedding!!! If you want more details & want to see pictures from our wedding, please feel free to email me at: jencornejo@umd.edu. We went with the resort photographer, Nicholas & he was great. We also added the DJ for our reception (Khari) and he did a great job with the music. The food was excellent. The decorations were excellent. You will be happy you choose this location for your destination wedding!

Best,
    Jenny

Congrats on your recent wedding JennyC!!!!! So happy you guys had a great time! I think any wedding at any one of the Couples resorts is going to be awesome!!

JennyC-I sent you an email of my questions from a yahoo account. Would love to hear from you. I'm nervous too!

Quote Originally Posted by JennyC View Post
    I just got back from my CTI wedding & it was AMAZING!!!! If you go with the CTI (Private Island Package) you will be so happy you did. I guarantee that you & your guests will have a great time!!!! My new husband & I were just so happy that we decided to go for the destination wedding. We had 40 guests attend & it was the perfect venue for our wedding. You will not be disappointed. Everyone at CTI is a pleasure to work with. Latoya is the BEST!!!! She is the wedding coordinator at CTI and she was so organized, friendly, accomodating - BEST DECISION to book this wedding!!! If you want more details & want to see pictures from our wedding, please feel free to email me at: jencornejo@umd.edu. We went with the resort photographer, Nicholas & he was great. We also added the DJ for our reception (Khari) and he did a great job with the music. The food was excellent. The decorations were excellent. You will be happy you choose this location for your destination wedding!

Best,
    Jenny

Hi Jenny,
    I sent an email to that account and it bounced back. I would love to see more pics and know more about your CTI wedding. Please let me know where I can reach out to u.
    Thanks!

raquelroxanne--my wedding was in August at CTI. I can answer your questions.
    k9sarchick@yahoo.com

BEST TIME OF OUR LIFE!
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

My wedding is at CTI April 7. We got the sunset ceremony booked. Can someone just kind of walk me through your big day? And the day before like meeting w wedding coordinator once there and such? I'm so excited but nervous too. My email is LorrieB_78@yahoo if you would rather use that! Thanks for everyone feedback

Lorrie

Lorrie, I believe you emailed me this week through my TripAdvisor review of CTI. Here is my response to share with other worried brides. (I added a few more bits of info!)

CTI was AMAZING. No Worries Mon.

I know it's tough, but just RELAX. If you really have serious questions that can't wait until your arrival, call CTI Directly and ask to speak to Latoya the Wedding Coordinator. She is amazing. She handled everything I could possibly ask for and then some. Don't worry at all...she will take care of you.

We met with the wedding planner on Wednesday, 2 days before our wedding and we planned everything in 22 minutes. Seriously! That was it! And it was 100% perfect.

Remember you need to be on the island at least 2 full days prior to the wedding. That's Jamaican law for the marriage to be legal. So we arrived on a Tuesday and got married on Friday.

The resort is amazing; you will just love it. Read up on the message boards via couples.com to gather packing tips and wedding ideas. There really is so much info available on the messages boards. I felt so familiar with CTI before we arrived based on what I learned via the message boards.

Buy the trip insurance in case there is any weather trouble. It's peace of mind for a small price.

Remember that it's Jamaica...they do everything on their own pace. But it all works out. On the morning of our wedding they didn't have the wedding arch set up until about 10 minutes before the wedding started. No problem...It all worked out.

I actually ran into latoya early on the wedding day and I told her I was having trouble with the heat. She said 'Danielle dear...it's Jamaica.' LOL. I know I know! But it was pretty hot and humid even for me and we are from Indiana. So I asked her is she could do anything for the wedding setup to get us in the shade.
    She came through! She placed our wedding arch on the beach right under 2 palm tress that provided great shade a good breeze. It was perfect.

Be sure to schedule your spa, hair or makeup appointments through the wedding planner. She will tell you how much time you need. Our wedding was at 11am and she had me get my hair done at 9:00am. The timing was perfect. I actually did my makeup over at the spa so my hubby could get ready without us seeing each other.

Latoya will tell you that she will collect the groom first about 15 minutes prior to the ceremony. Then she will call you and you will meet her in the lobby when they are all ready.

Then she will walk you to the start point of the procession for you to make your entrance.

She had my hubby facing the water so he wouldn't see me until I was ready to walk down the aisle (beach) towards him. The minister told him to turn around when I started walking.

The ceremony was about 10 minutes. We exchanged our own vows. The minister John did an excellent job and quotes some beautiful scripture from the Bible.

We had the deluxe photo and video package and they filmed everything. They had us walk down the beach a little bit for pics and video and then they led us to the garden gazebo to sign our certificate, have cake and a toast.

Then we walked the resort for more photos. It took about an hour to do all the pictures and it was more than enough time.

We were in the pool swimming about 25 minutes after it was all done. It was VERY hot for us on our wedding day. But we are very thankful because we attended 2 weddings the day after ours and they both got rained out and had to make alternate plans for location.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!