Thread: Mini Bar at CN

Default Mini Bar at CN

Hi-

Can anyone tell me what liquors are available for the mini bar at Couples Negril? Appleton Rum? What kind of vodka? Also, are wines/champagnes available?

I was reading one post where a couple had a bottle of champagne delivered to their room every night before dinner. Is that possible?

Thanks so much.

WillyK

Quote Originally Posted by bwillyk View Post
    ...Can anyone tell me what liquors are available for the mini bar at Couples Negril? Appleton Rum? What kind of vodka? Also, are wines/champagnes available?
    There is an image of the room mini-bar ordering list on this thread:
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Couples-Negri

But to answer more directly, our experience with the 4 liquors has been:
    • Rum - Appleton Special
    • Pouring Brand Vodka - Kirov
    • Pouring Brand Gin - Newport
    • Pouring Brand Whiskey - Teacher's

The brands may change, but I believe we've seen the same for several years.

The house wines are generally Chilean (e.g. Carte Vieja).
    As you can see on the mini-bar list there is a wine selection, but no champagne. You could write it in on the card, but I suggest don't expect it and therefore if you get it you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by bwillyk View Post
    ...I was reading one post where a couple had a bottle of champagne delivered to their room every night before dinner. Is that possible?
    I saw that post and it may cause bit of trouble/mis-set expectations. While it may be possible to get champagne, one shouldn't expect it. Ther are 234 rooms at CN, usually at or near capacity. If all, or many, rooms requested champagne nightly it would be quite the challenge for the bartenders.

That said, on special occasions (anniversary, birthday, etc.) we've certainly seen champagne delivered to rooms.

The rum in the mini-bar is Appleton rum, the other liquors are not call brands, but well brands.

I've never called and asked for a bottle of champagne to be delivered to the room at CN, but we have stopped by the bar before heading to our room to get dressed and have gotten a bottle for the room.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

The rum we had was Appleton, Kirov Vodka, and Highlander blended Scotch. We did our fair share of damage to the vodka and rum, but left the others pretty well alone. Enjoy!

We were able to request that champagne be placed in our mini bar daily at CN. Loved the mimosas in the morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    The rum in the mini-bar is Appleton rum, the other liquors are not call brands, but well brands.

I've never called and asked for a bottle of champagne to be delivered to the room at CN, but we have stopped by the bar before heading to our room to get dressed and have gotten a bottle for the room.
    Yep, what Coloradojuli said. We've done the same. Asked one of the bartenders for a bottle of champagne on the way back to our room in the evening. A fun thing to do is to keep the champagne cold over night, get up early in the morning, take the champagne and orange juice to the AN or diving hut hot tub and have mimosas with the sun rise.

We love CN!!!

ENJOY!!!

Thanks so much, everyone. Can't wait!

Does anyone know what they do with the leftovers? Or are we better off not knowing the answer to that?
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=