Default Wine at san souci

We will be there in early November of 2011. We can't wait. We love all the great cocktails but sometimes with the excellant food you just need a nice wine.

I have heard they are still pouring Chilean wines but have recently up-graded them.

Any wine drinkers out there that have recently tasted the new pours and could comment?

Thanks

When we were at CSS at beginning of May, the house wines were Chilean... the reds were Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. We prefer red wines, Merlot being our favorite and this is what we usually make at home (over whites) but we could not drink either of these wines at CSS without "the burn", it was nasty.

We tried the house Chardonnay but again "the burn" and waaay oaky; we enjoyed the other house white which I believe was a Sauvignon Blanc.

We did not order from the Manager's Wine List.

Hope this helps.

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Deniseatbeach View Post
    When we were at CSS at beginning of May, the house wines were Chilean... the reds were Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. We prefer red wines, Merlot being our favorite and this is what we usually make at home (over whites) but we could not drink either of these wines at CSS without "the burn", it was nasty.

We tried the house Chardonnay but again "the burn" and waaay oaky; we enjoyed the other house white which I believe was a Sauvignon Blanc.

We did not order from the Manager's Wine List.

Hope this helps.

Denise
    Denise,

Thanks for the feedback. We had the same kind of experience with the wines 2 years ago at CN.

Randy-With all the great inexpensive wines available do you think it would be possible to find something a little better. I'm sure lot's of message board members would love to post some suggestions!!

Thanks Rick