Default Topless on Main Beach At CSS?

Can I or can I not go topless on main beach at CSS???? Confused by answers on AN board?

TOPLESS SUNBATHINGis allowed in designated beach areas:
    Couples Tower Isle: End of the pier off the main beach.
    Couples Negril: Main beach.
    Couples Swept Away: Main beach.
    Couples Sans Souci: Main beach.

Taken from the FAQ on the Couples own website.
    Guess that means you can.

Yes, you can. It is allowed and depending on what other clientele are there you will see a few others laying out topless on the main beach.

I enjoyed sunbathing topless on the main beach last time we were there and also layed out on the floatie topless in the water.

Why is it Americans that we are, are so afraid to expose our bodies. I understand modesty however.... good golly folks! We all have the same parts it not like its something new! Enjoy the freedom and come on over to Sunset beach! Relax there and nobody will care what you are wearing!

Everyone keeps going on and on about "the freedom of AN" and keeps saying "no one will care what your wearing over there" yet to me these statements seem pretty hysterical since so much policing of these areas are necessary for the the guests to feel comfortable and free. I mean my God there is actually a person on duty to enforce rules. This is the part I don't really get; to me this seems very restricting versus just saying this is the beach where people can CHOOSE to be naked/topless/whatever. I mean they actually have continuing threads on if I can walk/ lay around with a towel/something covering me to avoid sunburn or from gasp God forbid a chill=WTHECK??? If it's supposed to be so freeing then why do people care so much about such things much less spend the obvious time to notice & tattle about it if the concept is supposed to be "no one cares"?!?Yes, I get the perv factor they are trying to avoid by having rules (and I agree with the no single men rule) but to me it seems pretty ridiculous that I could be asked to leave this area for not proving I'm AN enough at all times for everyone's satisfaction. Not saying I won't try it while there, just giving my 2 cents on the whole debate. Personally it seems more freeing to be topless on the main beach where I can do whatever I want and not be policed by others for it.

Christy
    Christy
    I hope is helps you understand where some folks are coming from with the questions about the A/N side that you may feel may have so many rules. Those questions come from those who have never been to the A/N beach. They ask questions because they don't they know what is proper and not proper. They are nervous because they have never been. That old saying "once you go, you know" is applicable to those who have been there, but those who have been there do not know, so they ask questions like the ones you are referring too. Much like there would be proper conduct on the main beach, there is a proper conduct on the A/N beach. Neither beach you can do whatever you want. In 6 trips we have never found a bunch of tattling going on. The two main rules are you have to be A/N and no single males. And yes there is someone on duty to enforce these two rules, a security guard at SSB or a staff member, the same as the main beach. It does keep the perv factor out because without it, it would occur more often and could present a problem. Hope this helps and just my MHO.

I think there's a big difference between enjoying an A/N experience and exhibitionism. Without policing, you're not going to be able to get rid of the "gawk" factor or, as you stated, the "perv" factor.

As far as CSS, it's my understanding that when it was simply clothing option, there was sort of a resulting segregation that just didn't jibe with the harmonious nature of the resort or of Jamaica. I suppose one could argue that they've simply moved the segregation onto a more macro scale, but it's a system that seems to work for the majority of their guests.

And from a strictly operational point of view, it's a good way to be able to maximize the use of space and resources so as to provide the quality of service that they're known for.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristyCSA View Post
    Everyone keeps going on and on about "the freedom of AN" and keeps saying "no one will care what your wearing over there" yet to me these statements seem pretty hysterical since so much policing of these areas are necessary for the the guests to feel comfortable and free. I mean my God there is actually a person on duty to enforce rules. This is the part I don't really get; to me this seems very restricting versus just saying this is the beach where people can CHOOSE to be naked/topless/whatever. I mean they actually have continuing threads on if I can walk/ lay around with a towel/something covering me to avoid sunburn or from gasp God forbid a chill=WTHECK??? If it's supposed to be so freeing then why do people care so much about such things much less spend the obvious time to notice & tattle about it if the concept is supposed to be "no one cares"?!?Yes, I get the perv factor they are trying to avoid by having rules (and I agree with the no single men rule) but to me it seems pretty ridiculous that I could be asked to leave this area for not proving I'm AN enough at all times for everyone's satisfaction. Not saying I won't try it while there, just giving my 2 cents on the whole debate. Personally it seems more freeing to be topless on the main beach where I can do whatever I want and not be policed by others for it.

Wow...take it easy! Glad you feel free on the main beach!!! Whew!