Hybrid View

Default 60 days to go....or not!

Tomorrow (Monday 6/20) marks the 60 day count for my return to CSA. I was there in August 2009 and never thought I'd get back so soon. I can't believe 60 days to paradise! I'm so excited!!

No wait.

As of Wednesday I will be cancelling the August vacation But it's for a good reason. I've been with my love for 16 years this past March. In March of 2010 I finally got "the" ring. Today we made it official - we will be getting married at CSA in March 2012!!! In order to give us time to prepare, get all the necessary paperwork filed, find the right "outfits" (lol, never really thought of a wedding dress as an outfit before!), and because I'm a giant nerd who figures March is a good luck charm so we might as well keep with the theme we will wait until March. In fact, I plan on choosing the date we first started dating which is 3 days away from the date he proposed

I'm totally bummed about missing Jamaica and CSA this year but I can't think of a better reason to postpone this trip! In reality, if we could afford it we'd go this year and next year but home responsibilities say it would be better to put all our funds into one trip. We'll find something else to do this year - even though our hearts will be at CSA!

Now I'm even more excited for my return to CSA! Let the planning begin...
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

Congats, you will stay plenty busy between now and March, so it will come soon!!!!!!

Yes congrats to you two and I'm with columbo...you will stay plenty busy and the time will just fly by!
    Oh yeah.....and 16 years???? WOW then I should say congrats one last time!!

Congratulations on getting the ring! Making the smart choice was tough but it will be worth it. Since you now have time to save up a little more (albeit spending for the wedding), you should consider adding a few extra days to your trip! It will make the delayed gratification even more worth while - it IS your honeymoon after all!

WAHOOOOO!!! Congratulations! I know you are wanting to go away this year as well but you are doing the right thing. Just think of all the anticipation until next March!!

Have a wonderful time planning your awesome wedding!

Major congrats. Have a great time planning your wedding in paradise.

Thanks guys!!

It's such a major let down not to be going this year but thankfully the reason for not going makes waiting no big deal!!

This is just how nerdy I am! Brian and I started dating 16 years ago 3/14. I was 17 years old. We are now getting married on 3/14 - 17 years after we started dating! I mean, if someone told me I had to wait for that scenario to play out I woulda told them they were crazy and I likely would have freaked out at the idea. Here we are though. 9 months away from making that a reality! Life is a super strange trip indeed! Thankfully there are places like Couples to make it all worth the ride!

That is awesome!! I can appreciate the numbers...we met 2/20, got engaged on 2/20, and married on 2/20! (but not so far apart, heh) Congratulations again, I can practically hear you glowing!

OMG mandith that is the greatest story and love it!!! congrats to you both and I'm with webejammin that you can practically hear you glowing! Thanks for sharing your story!!

Thanks

You guys are the best! No one can quite understand how awesome it is to be getting married AND to be doing it at Couples more than you!!

I got asked by my family why we were't getting married at "home". I told them we ARE getting married at home!! I don't think they believed me. Lol!