Thread: ATI Weekend

Default ATI Weekend

My wife and I have had this trip scheduled for over a year now. I just found out that the week we will be there July 28-Aug 4 is over ATI weekend. This is Jamaica's Emancipation holiday and it is supposed to be a huge party in Negril. I am wondering if this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing. Any idea if this is going to have a huge impact on our stay at Couples Swept Away? I don't mind a little extra party when I want to, but I don't want my romantic relaxation to be interrupted by a bunch of all night parties.

Nobody knows.......oh well. Guess it is too late to do anything about it anyway. I am guessing that it will only impact us if we want to got into town on the weekend.

We will be at CN 08/01-08/08. I had no idea about the celebration that week. I'm stoked! Woohoo
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

Quote Originally Posted by jbeaver076 View Post
    ... I am guessing that it will only impact us if we want to got into town on the weekend.
    I'd suggest planning any offsite adventures on days other than ATI weekend, the roads can get crowded.
    You may also experience some road noise on that weekend depending on where you are and how late you stay up.

N.B. We were not there during ATI, but were at CSA a few years ago during a much lesser festival and are speaking from that experience. Also from talking to people who live near Negril and say that they wouldn't dare try to fight the traffic to get into an event - instead they park way down the road and just people watch.

Does couples do anything to help celebrate?
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

Thanks for the info. I don't plan on doing too much away from the resort, but I will try to keep our shopping trip and such till the end of our stay after ATI is over. Makes sense to wait to by stuff till the end anyway lol. As long as it does not interfere with the romanticism of the resort, I am not worried.