Thread: Golf

Default Golf

I know golf is included at CN - does anyone know how much $ for the following:
    1) golfclub rental fees
    2) caddy fees
    3) how much to tip caddy

Anything else we need to/should know about golfing in Negril? Would you suggest AM or PM?

Per the website:

UPTON GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
    For guests of Couples Tower Isle and Couples Sans Souci. The 18-hole par-71 course boasts
    rolling hills and sweeping sea views, while narrow fairways and small drop-off greens add an
    intriguing level of challenge.
    CADDY & GOLF CARTS
     $17.00 per caddy for 18 holes walking; $12.00 per caddy for 9 holes walking
     $25.00 per caddy for 18 holes on shared cart; $17.00 per caddy for 9 holes on a shared
    cart
     Caddies are not Couples Resorts employees, tips are accepted
     Yamaha Carts: $40.00 per cart for 18 holes; $25.00 for 9 holes
     Gear for ladies and gents, left and right handed: Taylor Made Club rentals are available
    for $45.00 for 18 holes or $30.00 for 9 holes; Adidas Shoe rentals: $16.00 (includes free
    pair of socks).
     Upton Golf & Country Club accept credit/debit cards only.

NEGRIL HILLS, NEGRIL
    Golfers at Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril are welcome at the Negril Hills Golf Course.
    Elevated tees and greens, picturesque water hazards and gently undulating fairways characterize
    the 6,333 yard-long, par-72 course.
    CADDY & GOLF CARTS
     $14 per caddy for 18 holes; $7 for 9 holes (one caddy per golfer, mandatory)
     Carts: optional at $34.50 per cart for 18 holes; $17.25 for 9 holes.
     Gear for ladies and gents, left and right handed
     Club Rental: $18 per set (all rentals available in ladies and gents, left & right handed)
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Ok so I read that too...and it was not clear to me. We are at CTI and it says:

 $17.00 per caddy for 18 holes walking
     $25.00 per caddy for 18 holes on shared cart
     Yamaha Carts: $40.00 per cart for 18 holes

Ok so let's say for 18 holes.... so JUST a cart, 17,00$, that is clear. But then, it says 25$ for the caddy if you get a shared cart is that PLUS the cost of the cart? Or is that 25$ for caddy if it' s shared PLUS 40$ for Yamaha cart?? LOL So confusing to me!! Can someone clarify plz??

The usual tip for a caddy is $1.00 US per hole - we usually tip either $10.00 or $20.00 depending upon whether or not we do 9 or 18 holes.

We have used Steacy and Sharron as our regular caddies. Rockie and Ronica are also great caddies.

We prefer to golf in the afternoon - take the shuttle just after 1:00 pm and are usually back by 4:30 pm - left with enough time to join the crew at the swim up bar.

Carts are not mandatory, and the course is very hilly.

If you are planning on golfing more than once or twice I would recommend bringing down your clubs - last year we were able to store them at the golf course for the full vacation.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We have golfed there for the past three years - the course has made lots of improvements over the past several years.

Jenni

we always take a cab s you get there before the resort busses loaded with everyone. this is the slower time of year so might not be a problem. we golf in the am so we have the rest of the day for the beach and other activities
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)