Thread: any regrets?

Default any regrets?

Every one here seems to love the island experience. How often do people go over and go back right away or regret going over?

What's to regret?

Default No Regrets

The only regret is we cannot get back soon enough.

I don't think anyone has been scarred for life by going over and at least giving it a try. The transport boat comes quite frequently, so no one is held prisoner for more than 5-10 minutes.

I think the regrets are reserved for those who thought about it but didn't give it a try.

Interesting question. I'm curious to see the responses. Keep in mind - those that regret it probably don't frequent the A/N thread.

The only regrets I've ever heard are from people wishing they had tried it on previous trips, or wishing they had tried it the first day instead of the last.

For those that have tried and and not liked it, I still can't imagine them "regretting" it. More of a "That wasn't for me" type reaction.

artguy

We have been going to the island since 2004 and have never had any regrets about going to Jamaica. In fact we fell in love with the island and the people that we return each year. We would love to go more often but as of yet my lottery tickets keeps coming up 0$

We venture out away from the resorts when we go to get away from the tourist areas and enjoy meeting and interacting with the Jamaican people.

The only regret we have is that we can't spend more of our time on the island.

Our only regret is we can't afford to go more often or stay longer than 7 nights. We hated having to leave last year on our first trip. Can't wait to get back. That seems to be all we talk about when we talk about vacations.
    Linda

You can count me as one of the people who tried it but didn't fall in love with it and really had no desire to do it again.

However, definitely no regret here. You should never regret new experiences because the one thing you take away from it is that you tried something new and different! You're not going to like everything you try.

Besides what's the absolutely worst thing that could happen... people who you are probably never going to see again have seen you naked. Now if you were on a company trip with your boss and coworkers and decided to try the AN experience...that might be a cause for regret...

I would bet the ONLY people that could possibly have any regrets would be a couple where one really nagged the other to try something they really did not want to and it ended up in a big fight which speaks loudly for that type of relationship anyway and I doubt they would post here. We have seen people come out to Tower Island and leave directly. I think they didn't realize it was mandatory A/N.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Quote Originally Posted by lvgal View Post
    You can count me as one of the people who tried it but didn't fall in love with it and really had no desire to do it again.

However, definitely no regret here. You should never regret new experiences because the one thing you take away from it is that you tried something new and different! You're not going to like everything you try.

Besides what's the absolutely worst thing that could happen... people who you are probably never going to see again have seen you naked. Now if you were on a company trip with your boss and coworkers and decided to try the AN experience...that might be a cause for regret...
    I'm not sure that an AN experience with people you know would be such a bad thing. Some of the same people I hung out on the Island with were people I also went diving with. It did not feel the least bit strange.

I mildly regret not having gone horseback riding. I used to devour horse stories when I was a girl--it seems to be a universal experience--but after hearing about it from Debbie, and when my first dive was so successful, canceling out the fiasco my '08 dive was, we decided to keep on diving. I mean, theoretically, I might have a chance to go horseback riding at home, and the horses and the terrain would have been friendly; but compared to anywhere in Jamaica, the diving in my part of the world is nothing to write home about.

jimandpaula:
    Definitely would not regret hanging out nude with friends. I might find it a little uncomfortable at first with friends from home as opposed to friends made on the AN beach. Don't really know for sure...

I would however definitely regret if I ever ran into my boss or any of my coworkers on an AN beach. I would be most uncomfortable. Heck, I would feel uncomfortable in a one-piece swimsuit at a pool party with them...
    We are a suit and tie workplace.

My point to the OP was that there shouldn't be any regrets even if you don't end up enjoying it because there aren't any really bad consequences from at least trying it. It's different from regretting trying, say skydiving, because there could be really bad consequences. I regret not trying skydiving or rather I regret that I don't have the courage to try it due to my fear of going splat!

Quote Originally Posted by artguy View Post
    Every one here seems to love the island experience. How often do people go over and go back right away or regret going over?
    I only regret that I can't live on the island

no regreat here just cant get back more then once a year we well be there this time in jan/8 throu 18 you you there and other texas couples going?

Ivgal... The main point of your two posts is an excellent one. Even is one discovers that the AN experience is not their cup-of-tea, then, to have tried it is itself a positive and not something to "regret." Your open-minded attitude is one to be respected. On top of that, your relaxed view of those who DO frequent the au-natural facilities helps Couples be a better place. We have not felt much of the "us and them" attitude on our visits to CSS and Sunset Beach.

Thank you!

regrets...

1. That we didn't pre-tan for our trip. We were sporting considerable non-AN tan lines the first time we disrobed.. but that's just cosmetics in the end.

2. that we didn't try it sooner in our lives. We tried it on day two of our stay at CN. The only unsure part we had was the beach being public, but you're so far back from where people walk that they can't really see you. After a short while you forget you're AN. We walked into the water AN several times a day past people walking the beach in their textiles.

3. That we will likely only be at Couples once a year.

4. That there isn't an AN option on the SR plan... or we may get to go to Couples twice a year.

The wife and I have had no regrets at all and have met some of our now closest friends while A/N. It is not for everyone though as we met a couple last April who tried it very early, stayed until the first boatload of Islanders arrived and then decided it was time to leave. They explained that they just wanted to "give it a try", and kudos to them for at least opening their lives and minds to another experience in life, and a positive one at that.

No worries if some people get to the island and discover that they may not be comfortable with staying, no problem Mon!

We'd stay there 24/7 if we could, but respect others who do not wish to partake.

Sherm

no regrets you will have the best time ever if you just relax and enjoy