Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Thanks Randymon

Thanks for the info on Priority pass.
    What I was trying to ask on the security is:
    The main secrity is the phrase I used for the security we enter as we leave the ticket area.
    Gstr decurity to me me is the additional 2nd screen they often do at the gate.

So, I understand it to be that a ticket is purchased ib the airline ticketing area which give you so special fast access through the screening lines.

Thanks

Mike and Sally
    Sheriff of the nude beach
    Mike and Sally
    Trip 12 coming Nov 2011

Please explain the "fast track through immigration and security"...Is there a seperate area/line for MoBay Lounge people to go through? Or do you go through the same immigration/security line and then go on to MoBay Lounge....It has been 5 years since we were in Jamaica, so procedures may have changed. I do remember being able to get a bite to eat and a drink upstairs in an aircondtioned area while waiting for our plane. It was not that crowded nor too insane...at that time. Have things changed that much?

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasgirl View Post
    Please explain the "fast track through immigration and security"...Is there a seperate area/line for MoBay Lounge people to go through? Or do you go through the same immigration/security line and then go on to MoBay Lounge....It has been 5 years since we were in Jamaica, so procedures may have changed. I do remember being able to get a bite to eat and a drink upstairs in an aircondtioned area while waiting for our plane. It was not that crowded nor too insane...at that time. Have things changed that much?
    Saneness can depend on the day. But there are still restaurants and air conditioning. We are considering the lounge as we usually pay about $45 anyway to eat and get drinks while we wait and then there is the fast track through immigrations and security. Security has not been bad, but immigration always has a huge line and not everyone always their paperwork ready. Unlike when you arrive and they won't let you through to t he desk until you are ready, they don't do that when departing.
    Vicky

More answers from the operators of Club MoBay:

a. Food and Drink Query
    i. Refreshments include a full bar and edibles includes, fruit, yogurts, crips, peanuts, a variety of freshly made sandwiches in addition to home baked biscuits, croissants, muffins. These are all complimentary
    ii. If one wants a larger hot meal they may order this from a menu and it will be served to you at the lounge – but there will be a charge for this
    b. Other Clubs and Partner Airlines
    i. American does NOT have a club or VIP departure lounge at the airport – and like Delta has not has it joined as a partner.
    ii. It would be good if persons with priority or frequent flyer cards wrote to the airlines to ask them about this – because it may cause the airline to quickly join as a partner which like the 7 partner airlines would mean that their premier clients automatically get access
    c. Kids
    i. The facility is a 10,100 luxurious facility which includes a spa, business center and enclosed childs play area. Three lounges exist within the facility and therefore one need not see or hear a kid should they not want to – by just choosing to relax in the lounge that does not contain the childrens play area.
    ii. In actual fact if there is a number of you travelling together, this facility is a great way for you to all stay on holidays and enjoy each others company right up to plane departure.
    d. Main Perk
    i. Outside the fact that this facility is only open a few weeks and already received fantastic comments from its guests due to the cultural component and relaxing atmosphere – one big winning point is the fast track ! This benefit cannot be underestimated;

Couples Resorts

@Randy,

So when you say fast track, does that mean there are special lines for ticket holders or someone meets you? Does it effect your airline check-in? Just curious. We have already decided to partake of the program. If nothing more, we consider how much we spend at a restaurant to eat and then wait.
    Vicky

Just went through the Montego Bay airport yesterday. We opted NOT to use the new lounge and were very happy with that. You will still have to do the initial check in with your airlines and check bags, if you have them. Then there is a separate line to the left through security and immigration. The airport was not crazy busy at the times we were there, from 10:30-12:45 pm. We shopped a bit and sat at Margaritaville for a drink. No problems!

I don't think this was covered. Is the fee you pay for the lounge, paid each time you visit, or is it a one time fee.?
    Thanks

$30 per person per visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    I don't think this was covered. Is the fee you pay for the lounge, paid each time you visit, or is it a one time fee.?
    Thanks
    The single vist fee is $30, but there are other options. We are considering it as we usually pay close to $50 to eat and get drinks while we wait for our flight.
    Vicky

Default Virgin Atlantic - Premium Economy

Does anyone know whether a Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy ticket enables free access to the Lounge - I can see Virgin are Partners, and it quotes 'Business and Upper Class', but as far as I'm aware they only have three levels - Economy, Prem Eco and Upper Class!

T'would be a bonus if our PE tickets enabled access and allowed us to console ourselves in peace as we leave paradise ...

127 Days to CSS and counting every minute
    Last edited by SueAndPeterC; July 7th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

I checked with Delta and they aren't planning to be a partner airline because of the cost. I wonder if you have resort credit can you use that to pay for the tickets into the lounge?

Quote Originally Posted by SueAndPeterC View Post
    Does anyone know whether a Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy ticket enables free access to the Lounge - I can see Virgin are Partners, and it quotes 'Business and Upper Class', but as far as I'm aware they only have three levels - Economy, Prem Eco and Upper Class!

T'would be a bonus if our PE tickets enabled access and allowed us to console ourselves in peace as we leave paradise ...

127 Days to CSS and counting every minute
    Yes, you will be allowed in!

Quote Originally Posted by momof2 View Post
    I checked with Delta and they aren't planning to be a partner airline because of the cost. I wonder if you have resort credit can you use that to pay for the tickets into the lounge?
    As for using resort credit, no you can not.

We are sitting here right now. It is nice, but they only just brought the sandwiches out and they are cut in quarters and served buffet style--egg salad, tuna, etc. Not filling to say the least. You can order and pay for food, but we were hoping the sandwiches would be a bit more. The plus is that it is very peaceful even with a few children in the lounge. I still think Couples should look into a departure lounge. Not sure if we will do this again.
    Vicky

We just flew out of Sangster coming back from CN (fantastic btw...). As we left the AirTran Ticket counter I expected to see a place to purchase passes to Club MoBay but I never saw it. That doesn't mean it's not there, just that we did not see it on our way from the AirTran counters to TSA Security.

We saw the "Fast Track" line through security as we went through the regular line. There were only a couple of people in that line so I can see how it could save you a good deal of time if the airport was crazy-busy as it can get at times. For us (Wednesday afternoon July 6) there was a line but they had just about every station open and we were through security and immigration in just minutes. When we got to the departure lounge we saw the entrance to the Club MoBay, just near the Red Stripe Cafe. Not sure but it looked like it was down a level by elevator or stairs, but I did not go in so I am not certain.
    Overall we were glad we did not spend $60 between us for access to the lounge because we got through Security and Immigration very quickly and only had about an hour to kill before our flight began to board. SO instead of $30 each for the lounge we spent $15 each on a really good lunch at Air Margaritaville and then boarded our flight within minutes of that.
    I will say that if I knew I was going to have a long time to kill there (3 - 4 hours or more maybe) or the airport security lines were totally crazy I would still consider it, but for this trip we were way better off not paying for MoBay Lounge access. I'm glad it's there though, but I think they should make their pass sales counter more easy to notice.

love the idea of a couples lounge at the airport!!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Rhallva,

The counter was just to the left where you go into security. We flew AirTran also and the counter was just as you turn the corner to go to security. I will probably wait next year until we get to the airport and see how the lines are.
    Vicky

randi&sherri,
    There has always been a Couples Lounge at Sangster for arriving guests. This lounge is a departure lounge and is not affiliated with Couples resorts. Read down from the top of the thread for more info. I agree that it is a nice thing to have but notice that some folks are misundertanding it as something being provided by Couples.
    All the best -
    Last edited by rhallva; July 13th, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Vickyj,
    Thanks! I do know where you mean. I was told I had to go to the oversize luggage area to check my golf clubs for the trip home and so followed an attendant there from the AirTran counter. So I approached security from that area but I still must have walked right past it as I hustled to catch up with my wife and our friends. Oblivious to my surroundings? Ummm... yup.. sometimes!
    Thanks! I will know where to look next time.
    RH

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Vickyj,
    ...... Oblivious to my surroundings? Ummm... yup.. sometimes!
    Thanks! I will know where to look next time.
    RH
    Who isn't when returning from Couples.
    Vicky

Yippee... we are flying PE with Virgin on our first trip to Jamaica too. Love the little things that make a difference..

275 to CSA

Virgin PE access is a bonus for us.... Nice one

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, anothe MB is saying that PE does not get you in the lounge. Looking at the lounge website, it says Upper Class & Business class get lounge access - they are the same thing!- so it is logical.However there may be special arrangements. It would be great to get in the lounge on a PE ticket, but frankly if we have to pay the $30 each...so be it, we spent more than that on food & drinks on our last visit!

Oh no! Thats a disappointment , I was looking forward to making use of the lounge as part of my P.E virgin ticket

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    I like the way you think, Beach-bum.

Randy, I think this should be a topic of converstion at your next operations meeting. What do you think?
    AMEN to that idea!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE =)
    Team Leegion

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    One can purchase a Club Mobay ticket at the hotel or at the sales desk in the airport. Once you have a Club Mobay ticket you get the fast track through immigration and security. This avoids the long line and wait. The good news is that Priority Pass is one of Club Mobays partners and as a result on presentation of the Priority card you will get a Club Mobay ticket which will entitle you to the fast tack and entry to the lounge.
    Randymon,
    Just wanted to check and see if I understand you correctly and that we can purchase our passes while at CSA. We will be arriving Saturday for a week in Paradise and this looks like a much better way to spend our time in the airport before departure.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast