Default I SHOULD be at Couples Negril today but......

As we were packing and getting things together last night for a 7:25 am flight to Jamaica (to celebrate our anniversary no less), my very ADD husband realized that he couldn't find his passport!! We tore the house apart, but no luck. I'm so sad....

Oh No!!!! That is terrible. I am so sorry to hear.

I hope to see a post that he found it and you made it!

OMG! I'm so sorry! Were you able to reschedule your trip?

So sad!! What happens now? Are you able to reschedule?

I'm so sorry!

OMG, that is so sad!!! I hope you were at least able to get a refund or reschedule!

OMG my heart just breaks for you girl and I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open and hoping and praying that you have found that sucker by now!! Oh gosh I just feel for you and now you're gonna have to post where you guys found it when you find it! Keep searching and keep us informed!! Wishing you the best!!

UPDATE: We ordered another passport with a 48 hour turn around for a mere (LOL) $600. WE were planning to fly out Saturday and have 3 days in Jamaica. At this point we are just trying to salvage any portion of our vacation.

However, due to a great travel agent and cooperation from Couples Resorts, we were allowed to rebook the entire vacation!! We feel so blessed to have booked a Couples Resort, we did not have trip insurance, and are very aware that they did not have to help us at all!! All we had to do was pay the higher priced airfare.

Couples has already proven why they have such a loyal following of repeaters, and without a doubt we will soon be among them. Thanks again to Couples, we will be at CN June 30-July 7.

I did that on our first trip to Couples Sans Souci three years ago. Fortunately I figured out I couldn't find the darn thing three days before we left, so I had more time to get a replacement. It was about to expire anyway, so I called the nearest passport agency (3 hours away) and was able to get an appointment for a same day passport replacement. With proof of travel, it is pretty amazing what can happen at the passport offices in a short time frame, with a credit card. It was a stress and headache that I would never wish on anyone.

So sorry to hear about your travel interruption and I hope everything works out!

Dang him! He should have located it sooner! That is THE worst story! How very disappointing!
    What now?

OMG I can't even imagine!

I sure hope you found the passport and were able to get your trip rescheduled...maybe a standby flight or something for a slightly later arrival??
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

I can't even imagine what you must be going through. We leave in a week. Something similar happened to a friend last year. Her purse was stolen and it contained her passport and it was the week before they were to leave. Fortunately, they have a U.S. Passport office (can't remember the real name) in their area--an hour from their home--and she was able to go get a new one for some extra $$ right away.
    Vicky

Oh no!!!! My heart is breaking for you!

In an effort to put a little humor into this story......

We just returned from 12 glorious days at CTI. The only bad (sad) part of the trip was that when we arrived, our luggage was still in Houston. The staff at CTI is so great that it truly did not affect our vacation.

That being said, you should have gone without him and just told everyone that while your luggage made it, your husband was still at the airport at home.....and you expect him in a day or two!!!!!

One love,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Thats AWESOME you will get to enjoy your full time there. Couples once again rises to the top with EXCELLENT customer service!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Well glad you guys have another passport headed in your direction and again I am so sorry for all that you guys have went thru! Glad you get to have 3 days in paradise and glad you have another trip coming to you and that was so very nice of Couples to do that for you two!! Good luck!

How incredibly awesome! Super impressed with Couples after hearing that!! ENJOY EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of your trip!

$600?!? good god!
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Audra View Post
    In an effort to put a little humor into this story......

We just returned from 12 glorious days at CTI. The only bad (sad) part of the trip was that when we arrived, our luggage was still in Houston. The staff at CTI is so great that it truly did not affect our vacation.

That being said, you should have gone without him and just told everyone that while your luggage made it, your husband was still at the airport at home.....and you expect him in a day or two!!!!!

One love,
    Billy
    LOL I would have been tempted! "I'll meet you there...maybe!"

My goodness though, what a horrible feeling that must have been. How wonderful that you were able to salvage it though. What a relief!! How awesome of Couples to work with you. Talk about a class act!

So glad you could rebook! We'll see you there - we are there July 3-8...8 more days!!! Less for you! Enjoy!

So glad you got it worked out! I think all that stress deserves at least a one-hour massage! Enjoy CN! We're headed to CSS next Sat!!

I was so sorry to hear the troubles but thanks for taking the time to post. We leave in 30 days and thanks to you I now have both passports in the luggage! Lesson learned...

This is another reason that working with a Travel Agent is SOOOOO important!!! Hope you have a wonderful vacay!!!