Thread: Resorts

Default Resorts

Hi all! I'm new to the board and am looking for some help. My fiance and I are getting married in December and would love to stay at a Couples Resort. I've been set on Couples Swept Away, but a travel agent recently suggested Couples Negril. My fiance is a picky eater and Swept Away definitely had more of a food selection for him, so that was our main reason for wanting to stay there. I'm just wondering what you all have found in your travels to both resorts as to which you like better. What were the pros/cons to each, how do the resorts compare, etc. Any help/suggestions you could offer would be great. Thanks!

If you are set on CSA, then go to CSA. Something about that resort is drawing you to the resort. The food is about the same. You will find that members here will have strong opinions on which resort is better, so go with your original feeling. Make sure you register for the Romance Rewards on this site so you can visit CN while you are at CSA.
    Vicky

I'm also a newbie and am visiting CTI in September. I've been visiting the message board regularly for the past couple months to plan our trip. You'll find that everyone has their "home", their favorite resort. Just go with your gut. We didn't know which reosrt to choose but CTI kept drawing us back to their webpage and so that's what we chose. From what I can gather, they're all great and you won't go wrong with any of the Couples properties. If you're drawn to CSA then go there.

I agree with Vickyj. Always go with your gut choice. Something is drawing you there. We have only been to CSS, but love it so we can't get ourselves to check out Negril (a long sandy beach is not important to us). So I would say, go with your gut.
    Linda

I Agree with what Vickie said, but I would add...

If you are "pool people", CN might be a better fit. It's main pool is larger than CSA's and the swim-up bar at CN gets better reviews than CSA's.

CSA's beach allows easy access to the longer stretch of the two beaches that make up &-Mile Beach. CSA is on Long Bay and CN is on Bloody Bay. Long Bay is more active in terms of vendor activity and local life. You can walk down Long Bay and visit various shops/strolling vendors, beach bars and restaurants. Bloody Bay only has other all inclusive resorts and The 2 Office of Natures (Old an new...longer story about why there are 2 OON's). The OON's are area set up by a couple of vendors. If you are on Bloody Bay, they are worth a visit.

CN is smaller is size than CSA with things (restaurants, shops, lobby, etc.) cetrally located around the pool. CSA is more spread out with the restaurants and such at either end.

CN's rooms are in larger blocks of rooms. CSA's room tend to be in smaller buildings with only 4 - 12 rooms per building (typically). None of CN's rooms directly face the beach. CSA has some room categories right on the beach. CSA's rooms typically have larger balconies than CN.

CN offers an au natural area of the beach while CSA does not have that option.

I think that covers the main differences. I hope it helps. We've stayed at both, it it will be very difficult for you to make a wrong decision. Both are terrific resorts...just different.

Does anyine else have anything to add?
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

CSA is a great choice (and the best choice ) however there both very good and you will enjy every minute!!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Saving for trip #5 to CSA, enough said!!

I agree with Laura and Paul, everyone has their favorites and we will all tell you what our favorite is and why but really is comes down to what you want and are looking for, what you consider "romantic", etc. But hopefully everyones opinions do help you figure out which one is the best fit for you. Maybe go with that you feel comfortable with this time (CSA) and while you are there visit CN for a day. If you like it go there next time!

Default Sports Complex

CSA has a unique sports complex, with new Cybex equipment (trainer on site) and a lap pool. Do read about the court offerings as they're extensive. You'll definitely enjoy any of the Couples resorts.

Default Thanks!!!

Hey thanks for all of the feedback everyone. I'm glad to see that everyone has such positive feedback for both resorts. I think we'll be taking your advice and sticking with our original choice of CSA! Thanks again!!!!

Csa rocks! Awesome choice!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff520 View Post
    Hey thanks for all of the feedback everyone. I'm glad to see that everyone has such positive feedback for both resorts. I think we'll be taking your advice and sticking with our original choice of CSA! Thanks again!!!!
    Don't forget to sign up for the Romance Rewards so you can visit CN. That way you can plan for your next trip!
    Vicky