Thread: CSA questions

Default CSA questions

Will be at CSA in 17 days and have a few questions.

1. Can I charge spa services to room or do I have to pay at the spa?
    2. Scuba diving: what time are certified dives and how long do they last? Hubby plans to dive everyday and I am wondering if we'd be able to do the morning snorkel together.
    3. Catamaran cruise: is rum punch the only drink they serve? How do you get off the boat for swimming in the caves? I hate jumping off a boat and would prefer a ladder to climb down. Do you tip on the cruise?

Thanks so much.

We don't have all your answers but here's #1 and 3:
    1. All spa services are charged to the room and paid for upon check-out.
    2. Don't know...have only gone snorkeling.
    3. Drink choices are rum punch and Red Stripe beer.
    Getting off the boat is by slide or down the ladder at the back of the boat.
    Yes, you can tip on the cruise because they are not Couples employees.

You're welcome and enjoy!!

Bart & Bug

All Couples resorts are cashless now although you do tip the spa ladies as they aren't Couples employees. Same goes for the cat cruise guys. Besides rum punches, they have RedStripe beer. That's all I've seen.
    There is a ladder on the back of the boat so you don't have to jump if you don't want to.
    You do charge everything to your room though. Sorry I can't help with the scuba. You will have a BLAST

charge to room but u wanna bring cash for tips
    couple dives per day and some nite dives that cost extra $$
    beer also
    u can tip if you like
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

1. Can I charge spa services to room or do I have to pay at the spa? Yes, you carge the spa to your room.
    2. Scuba diving: what time are certified dives and how long do they last? Hubby plans to dive everyday and I am wondering if we'd be able to do the morning snorkel together. No sure... i'm sure someone will have this answer for you
    3. Catamaran cruise: is rum punch the only drink they serve? How do you get off the boat for swimming in the caves? I hate jumping off a boat and would prefer a ladder to climb down. Do you tip on the cruise? Yes, rum bunch is the only beverage they serve. You can jump off the boat, take the slide, or they have a ladder... so no worries. We have never tipped on the catamaran. Not sure if others do but I dont think so.

1. you have to charge them to your room. Gratuities are in cash only, though.
    2. probably not. The first dive leaves I believe at 9am, although others more experienced with the dive schedule can answer better.
    3. Rum punch and somestimes Red Stripe. Depends on the boat. You can either take the stairs, or do like I do and dive off the side. Or you can take the slide. and Yes, a few dollars is much appreciated as a tip on the cruise.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Good to know abiut tipping the catarman guys. I feel bad cause we never have and actually never even saw anyone else tipping them. Note to self for next time: bring a few bucks to tip!!

2. Scuba diving: what time are certified dives and how long do they last? Hubby plans to dive everyday and I am wondering if we'd be able to do the morning snorkel together. We were there last August and I dove daily (usually did both the 9:00 and 1:00 dives). I was able to snorkel with Mrs. T at 11:00 without a problem -- the discover SCUBA dive is at 11:00, so the boat is usually back well before. Enjoy your trip.
    Last edited by Tallman2nd; July 3rd, 2011 at 12:07 PM.

For the CAT cruise I will only say this....If you you let Rasta Ralphie bum a smoke AND do a belly flop off the slide into the water, you can get something different than Red Stripe or Rum Punch. My lovely wife thinks it was Love Potion #9....Have Fun and Safe Travels!!!

Rum punch, beer and some soft drinks are usually available on the cat cruise. And yes, take a few bucks to tip the crew of the cruise. There will be a tip jar on the bar and I usually throw in a 5 or a sawbuck at least. This year I dropped in a 20 and my wife said I bought drinks for the whole boat. They are good guys, try not to stiff them.

We just took the Cat Cruise last week, 6/29, and the only drinks they had on board were Red Stripe and Love Potion #9. I think it's the same thing as Rumn Punch though... very yummy. There was a tip jar there, but I didn't know about tit beforhand, so we didn't have any cash on us to tip. But it was an AWESOME experience!!!!