Default Non air conditioned restaurants at CSA

Help...I was looking at some previous post and pictures and saw where someone had been to one of the dinners where pants and a nice shirt were required and the shirt was soaked with sweat. I think it read that only one restaurant is air conditioned. Is this so? I will be at csa 7/22 - 7/29/11 so I know it will be hot. My question is how hot is it while you are trying to eat? I hate to be hot and sweating while eating. How big of a problem is this?

Air conditioned restaurant is feathers.
    Everything else is open air so it wouldn't make sense to air condition them.

The only resturant requiring long pants is Feathers, which is air conditioned. Lemongrass, which is above the Palms and is also reservation only, you are okay with nice dress shorts.
    We try to get on of the first reservations at Lemongrass and request a table out on the deck which is a bit cooler.
    Patios and the Palms, which are not reservation, are also open air, you can wear nice shorts as well. There are ceiling fans running so we have never found it too oppressive but my husband does bring a shirt for every night and it is very warm.

You'll be fairly hot in July - it's humid and you're in the tropics. You can wear shorts and a hawaiian shirt at Patois and I'm pretty sure Lemongrass now allows shorts and collared shirts. The only place you MUST wear trousers is Feathers, and that's the air conditioned restaurant.

I think if you relax and eat slowly and remember to drink lots of water you shouldn't be too uncomfortable. Also you may feel cooler if you eat later in the evening after the environment cools down.

Quote Originally Posted by sc_dixiedude View Post
    Help...I was looking at some previous post and pictures and saw where someone had been to one of the dinners where pants and a nice shirt were required and the shirt was soaked with sweat. I think it read that only one restaurant is air conditioned. Is this so? I will be at csa 7/22 - 7/29/11 so I know it will be hot. My question is how hot is it while you are trying to eat? I hate to be hot and sweating while eating. How big of a problem is this?
    Lemongrass is not air conditioned but you don't have to wear pants. Men can wear a button down shirt or even a nice polo type shirt with nice shorts. It's open air and there are fans but depending on the weather it can be hot and muggy even at night. I tend to run hot so I would be pretty sweaty in pants and a dress shirt too. Feathers does require nicer clothing but it is really cold in there. Too cold for my taste so I always bring a sweater.

Other than Feathers, all restaurants at SweptAway are open-air... a big roof over the top, but open on the sides. PatoisPatio, not so much, but its open to the outside at the bar.

Feathers is enclosed and A/C'ed, at times a bit much.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

It's typically not that big of a deal. We actually PREFER the non a/c restaurants.
    If you ARE hot, just ask for a table under a fan, and you should be very comfortable.

Enjoy our favorite place!!
    V
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

only feathers is air conditioned all others will are open air... it is summertime in the carribean so expect it to be warm
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Feathers is very air conditioned! You can hang meat in there its so cold some nights! LOL

It's HOT HOT HOT in Jamaica.

We prefer the open air dining. But, we always go in the winter when it's a bit cooler.

Life is good