Default Couples Negril - Thursday dinner/beach party??

I notice that both Lychee and the main buffet/dining room are closed on Thursday night. Does that mean everyone must either have reservations at Otaheite or go to Helliconia for dinner? If so it sounds like it could be a little crowded at times with just the two places serving dinner. What is the actual situation (since I am just trying to piece it together by looking at the website).

A beach party is listed, is this a 'dinner on the beach' kind og thing like we've seen at other resorts or is it an 'after dinner' activity? If so, that would explain why more restaurants are closed that night.

Thanks for anything you can share about this.
    DaveC

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I notice that both Lychee and the main buffet/dining room are closed on Thursday night. ... What is the actual situation (since I am just trying to piece it together by looking at the website). . ...
    The Couples Negril Restaurant page is out of date as of early this year (and misleading):
    http://couples.com/negril/restaurants-bars.php
    Randymon/Shandi/someone should have the website updated.

Early this year they changed the repeater dinner on Monday nights from Otaheite to Lychee, and now close Otaheite on Thursday night (as opposed to closing Lychee). Also Cassava (main dining) is not really 'closed' on Thursday as much as relocated to the beach (unless it rains).
    A more accurate (IMHO) description would be:
    • Lychee: Opens nightly except closed on Monday for repeater dinner
    • Cassava Terrace: Closed Thursday for Beach Party

The handout given to arriving guests contains the accurate dining guide. A scan of one from Feb. is posted here:
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-2011&p=113598

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    A beach party is listed, is this a 'dinner on the beach' ... ...
    It is dinner on the beach with a (primarily) Jamaican influenced buffet. It usually also has entertainment (e.g. fire-eating performer, steel drum band, dancing on the beach, etc., and later a bonfire on the beach).

If there is rain forecast they will set up dinner at Cassava and have the entertainment on the main stage.

The beach party is a HUGE dinner party with entertainment. The reason both rest. are closed is because their staff/cooks are out on the beach also. I don't make reservations for that night because the beach party is tons of fun with a large variety of food. Enjoy!

The beach party includes a wonderful buffet. They have a great selection of food. We always look forward to the beach party night. After dinner there is a show. It's also a great way to make new friends.

The beach party is based on a Jamaica Theme which I am sure you will enjoy. We look forward to it every year. The tables are set up on the beach. There is enetertainment during and after dinner. Traditional local foods like curry goat, roasted pig, shrimp,.... excellent. However, if you are timid the other two choices won't be that crowded since everyone is on the beach! Have fun!

The Beach Party is dinner and entertainment on the beach so there is plenty of room for everyone to eat.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Also, be sure to be on the beach at 10:00 for the bonfire and music. Usually, Moses Beckford (AKA Shyam Moses) plays guitar and sings...absolutely amazing talent! Enjoy!