Thread: Sans Souci

Default Sans Souci

I am looking at booking a suite at Sans Souci Resort for next April for my wife and I. My 2 questions which suites have the largest balcony's with a view of the ocean. Also do the shuttle bus service provide beverages between the airport & the resort. Thank you in advance for your comments.

Hands down the Penthouse suites in D block have the largest balcony's with a view of the ocean.

The shuttle bus's do not provide beverages, but if you ask they will stop for drinks and a nature break.

Sorry can't help on size of balconies, we book room and don't spend enough time in it for it to matter. As for beverages on shuttle no they are not provided but are allowed. you have a chance to by red stripe as your walking out of airport not sure on cost though. Also shuttle driver will ask if group wants to stop generally about half way or so to use wash room, get drinks or food.

Todd & Linda
    CSS
    April 2008, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2010, April 2011, April 2012, April 2013, April 2014

Get the penthouse!
    You get drinks while waiting to leave when you're in the lounge.
    Sometimes stops are made if folks need to/agree to. It just depends on the group. Lots of times folks just want to get to Couples!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Hello,
    My husband and I have stayed in the Penthouse Suites twice--once in Block D and once in Block E. The balcony in Block D, the Steve McQueen suite was huge!!! We were in the Frangipani Suite in Block E (E-12) and the balcony was not as large, but the view was amazing. I have heard that many on the board like the Ocean Suites for larger balconies in Block G.

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ

Hello! Can't reply on the balcony views as we stayed in a beachfront suite on the ground floor. As for drinks on the shuttle, we were encouraged to bring drinks from the Couples airport lounge with us. Also, the driver stopped at a roadside bar where a guest bought a couple of Red Stripes.

Hello to all that have commented on my question. I will have hard decision to make if we choose the penthouse, the beachfront suite or beachfront ocean view and kudos for answering my question about drinks on the shuttle.
    Enjoy your next visit to Jamaica.

the buses don't have beverages, but you can take one or two from the lounge with you

We were there in Mar. stayed in G 12 b, balcony was a large as the suite with table 4 chairs, sofa and coffee table. Beautiful view and no one can view you. Which cannot be said for many of the other oceanview rooms. Only downfall if you consider it a downfall is it's at one end of the resort near the hibiscus cabin so it's a bit of a jaunt from there to ssb but who cares, the scenery is beautiful along the way and there's many bars .
    Most shuttle bus drivers will make a stop for ice cold beverages and many drivers like Capt. Admiral SA carries a cooler just for that purpose. He is also an awesome tour guide aswell.
    Enjoy CSS as we did. It is without equal. Can't wait to return.
    Ken & Karen
    Wpg,Canada

While I agree the penthouses are superb, if u don't mind being a few steps further away from the beach, but closer to the mineral pool, grotto, gym, and evening entertainment at the balloon bar, the 1 (oceanview suites, mostly in G block have very generous balconies with lovely views of the ocean. Every morning I could walk out to see the egrets waking up to take flight from their roost in the tree below us. I have posted pics from our rooms under other threads that u can search for using the mb tool.
    Beachfront suites are nice and if being more central in the resort, close to sunset beach (A/N) and the main pool are more important I would consider that room more seriously.
    April is a great time tio be at CSS it was really warm our last trip that time of year, enjoy!

We just got back from our second trip to SS (9th overall to couples) we stayed in F06...huge balcony and overlooked the entertainment at night. After a long day it was nice to sit in the double chaise with a drink and enjoy the music. ok there were 147 steps to the beach... but it was worth it. great views of sunsets and of the sea.

Thank you everyone for your input on the balcony recommendations. We will not mind the many steps to the room and back to the rest of the resorts. Actually it will be a good form of exercise for us and will help keep the weight off after eating all the great food & desserts the resorts provides.

I think F and G have the best views and the balconies are huge.

I thank each one of you for your individual input on the rooms at CSS. I will be placing the reservation by the end of the weekend.

Cheers,
    -T-

Quote Originally Posted by michael&sonja View Post
    We just got back from our second trip to SS (9th overall to couples) we stayed in F06...huge balcony and overlooked the entertainment at night. After a long day it was nice to sit in the double chaise with a drink and enjoy the music. ok there were 147 steps to the beach... but it was worth it. great views of sunsets and of the sea.
    Do you mind sending photos of your room, balcony and view? Also, did the evening entertainment noise become disruptive in that room?
    turtlegolf@rogers.com

we were the closest room to the lobby on the top floor overlooking the nightly entertainment, and there was never a problem with noise in the room. It was great overlooking the entertainment on the nights we did not want to be part of it and just sit in the chaise and have a drink.

I stayed at CSS in April and we reserved a penthouse suite. We stayed in room E9 and the balcony to me was really big. We had two lounge chairs, and a table with chairs for early morning breakfast. And no on the shuttle ride they do not provide you with any drinks or food. It really didnt matter to me because I was finally on vacation

When going in April? Gill & I will be there between 11 & 21 April.