Thread: Snorkling at CN

Default Snorkling at CN

Do you take a boat out and then go from there, or do you just do it from shore? Newbie obviously!

Thanks!

Boat. 7 to 10 minutes out usually, depending on which site they take you to.

The ocean near the resort is just soft sand and no reefs, so they take you out on a boat to the reef.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

The snorkeling boat goes out two times a day most days. We usually try to sign up in the morning because it could be raining in the afternoon. What I love about the trips is that they just take you right off the point and it doesn't take long to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    ... What I love about the trips is that they just take you right off the point and it doesn't take long to get there.
    While that has been our experience the past few recent years (i.e. snorkeling just on the other side of Rutland Point at Booby Cay), there are a few other snorkeling spots that CN has gone to in the past that are a bit further.

It is still not far, but mkqupnorth (and others) might want to be prepared for slightly longer trips (but it can be nice to see more of the sights along Long Bay).

Good advice about morning trips - lesser chance of rain and we also find the sunlight angle to provide better viewing.

^^ good call, Caribbean waters are also calmer in the mornings