Thread: Do You Tell?

Default Do You Tell?

I started this thread last year and was intrigued with the responses I received so I thought since there seems to be a lot more 1st timers on the board now that I would ask the question again.

Do you Tell?

After you experience the AN Beach for the first time and absolutely love it, do you tell your friends and family when you return home what you did on vacation? And if you do what reactions do you get?

I have told a few who I think will understand and not be judgmental but others I do not because as they say "if you have never tried it you just don't get it".

It is like my husband and I's private joke. When someone ask about packing and how many bathing suits we have to take we just kind of look at each other and laugh and make some nonchalant answer because we know that is not a problem when coming to Couples.

So like I first ask....Do you Tell?

Annarundel

Like with most other "private" topics...it depends on the dynamic of the situation and relationship.

Fun loving, adult age brothers, sisters, cousins, good friends...sure! Religious zealot aunts, uncles, casual friends, and Grandma and Grandpa...not so much...

We told one set of friends, a couple who told us months ago that they did a nude beach on vacation once. We looked at them like they were crazy when they told us. When we got home, we had to tell them that we tried it and that they were right about the whole experience. Other than them, no, don't plan on telling anyone.

Most of our friends know we have tried the AN beach and pool. "Tried" being the operative word. We have not told many that we hung out there all week. I would probably tell more people but my wife thinks that if we tell people they will all think we are swingers or something. I am at the point where I really would not care.

John and I tell all our friends because it is a very liberating experience and we want to share the fun. Now would I talk about it in a staff meeting...probably not.

We've told a few people, but I really don't want it getting to my kids who are in their early 20s. Just think they'd be grossed out by the thought of their parents going nude on the beach with other people around! I'm pretty open about stuff with them, but this is just a bit more than I can do!

No I do not anyone.
    Irie Mon

Don't ask, don't tell

We're selective about who we tell. We generally don't tell family and close friends of the family. We do tell some friends and acquaintences... some because it's such a liberating experience we think others should try it, and honestly.... some for the pure shock value of it!!! LOL

ENJOY!!!

We have a picture of our backsides from the island in our bathroom....that usually is a conversation starter for our guests LOL

Iwhite.

I love the picture idea from the island! What a conversation piece. I might have to talk my husband into doing that at CSS this year!!! Too cute!

Annarundel

Hello,
    Our close family and friends know--even our kids know--and it's not a problem. However, I agree with one of the previous posters---it's not something I would share at work.....

Loving life,
    suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by lpmp View Post
    We've told a few people, but I really don't want it getting to my kids who are in their early 20s. Just think they'd be grossed out by the thought of their parents going nude on the beach with other people around! I'm pretty open about stuff with them, but this is just a bit more than I can do!
    I agree...I don't care if anyone else in the world knows (or sees me) just not my kids....somehow (don't ask me how) we raised 3 conservative kids.....go figure. I have a feeling it's a rub off from their spouses. They weren't always that way. I never was conservative at any age except maybe in my politics.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We don't advertise the fact that we did, but if someone's looked at the website and saw that there's an AN beach and we're asked if we went we tell them that we did. It's such a great experience, how can we keep it to ourselves?!?!

We tell only close friends that we know will understand. The friends we tell can't wait to try it with us. Not at home but in Jamaica.

Default Who Cares

We don't really "broadcast" it, but we don't hide it either. If anyone asks we will tell them, and if we are discussing our trips to Couples it often does come up, so why not "fess up" to the fun so to speak. I can relate somewhat to Captain Jim with the "conservative kid" as our son is very much so in most everything BUT politics lol. When his mother told him abuot going nude at Couples his comment was "I don't want to hear about this mom, becuase it could mean 6 months of therapy that I don't need"; however his wife seemed to be more curious...To each their own, but to all of us who have been many times it really is not as it seems to those who have never been. "You have to go to know" and it is really quite innocent, but a lot of fun.

Given the picture on our Facebook Page -- guess it is an open book. We also have one non-clothed that we show our closest friends. Some family need not know!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1531463349

If they ask, we tell, or sometimes we just tell, depends on how much wine we drank LOL
    No-one is ashamed to bathe naked......

My couples profile says it all