Default CN versus CSA???

I know this question has probably been asked more than once but I need help!! LOL.. I am putting together a getaway for hubbie and I and 2 other couples.. I cant decide between CN or CSA.. We arent looking for a party atmosphere but would like some night time entertainment or nightlife (we are all going to celebrate all of us turning 40 and plus its our 15 yr ann) so we arent going to want to party like we are in 20s..LOL. Just alittle bit of fun in the evening.. Does one have more of a nightlife versus the other? What did u like more about CN versus CSA?? I just need some pros and cons about the 2 cause I am confused and cant make my mind up so I am coming here to pick repeat couple guests brains and can hopefully make a decision.LOL.. Thanks in advance for anyone who will help me!!

weve been to both this will be debated heavily they a re both great and you wont go wrong with either resort.

CSA ROCKS

just got back from 13th visit in may going in Dec for the 14th visit sonnecome!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Hi Carrie,
    We're in our latter 40's, have been to both resorts and have found that it all depends on what kind of nightlife you're looking for. Each has a "showtime" (CSA at the Palms and CN at the Cassava Terrace) which is fabulous. In addition, CSA has the Aura lounge which features Ultimate Chocolate at the piano a few nights a week and a disco with a variety of music. Meanwhile, CN has the Piano Bar with Karoke and other later evening nightlife (somehow we never tried it as we liked the "showtime" entertainment).

What we liked about CN vs. CSA was the size of the resort. With CN the restaurants, main pool and all is central with the rooms peripherally. At CSA it was the opposite so you can find yourself doing some walking to get between venues. Also, the beach at CN is deeper while CSA's is longer. The rooms at CN are more "hotel like" while those at CSA are more like villas. If you're into volleyball you can always find a game going at 11AM and 4 PM at CN. We couldn't find a game happening at CSA. Getting involved in activities around the resort is also more highly stressed at CN than CSA...which means you get to meet and get to know more people during your stay.

Both resorts have their own appeal. They are both situated on public beaches so you have some room to roam, although the public beach CSA sits on is longer so you have more room.

Our recommendation is to:
    1. Decide what's important to have at a resort to make your stay more desireable.
    2. Scour through the description of both resorts.
    3. Look at the pictures.
    4. Choose the resort that calls out to you.

The good news is that no matter which resort you choose you can rest assured that you will have the time of your life. There's no such thing as a bad Couples Resort!!

Hope this helped. We'll be glad to give more info if you'd like.

Bart & Bug

CSA Rocks!!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

CSA for sure!!! CN is great, very quiet tho!!! CSA has a much more higher energy about it!

CSA (4 trips) is our favorite but we are going to CN for the first time this August for a week. CSS is our second favoirte (1 trip) and CTI is last on "OUR" list (1 trip)...

I understand the eagerness on the part of the OP to get on with her decision, but I'll comment on this just as I normally do for the one vs the other resort. It really isn't (and shouldn't be) a VS kind of thing. Its great to compare, don't get me wrong, but the "VS thing" implies that there are competing interests, when it truly isn't.

Couples has four remarkable properties, each of which is unique in its own way. The single consistency among them is "the Couples Way" of delivering customer satisfaction and developing brand loyalty.

Each of the four distances itself from the other three in what it has to offer in facilities, amenities, layout, vibe and even price. These should be what any new (or not-so-new) visitor should evaluate. Do this, and the "right" resort will choose you!

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I have only been to CSA - fell in love with the resort - and cant imagine going somewhere else, although I am sure CN is amazing too

I will tell you, when we knew we wanted to go to Negril, and narrowed it down to CSA or CN, our travel agent strongly advised us to go to CSA because nightlife was something that was important to us.

Out of our 7 nights in May, 5 or 6 of them we spent until after midnight in piano bar/aura lounge....talking, singing, drinking, dancing, meeting new friends. It was a great time. Not spring break crazy partying - but adult casual fun. The DJ was great and always played our requests.

Have fun - whichever you choose,
    Rachel

Thanks soooo much for the replies and advice!!! I have decided on CN!! I decided CN because A) its a smaller property..didnt want to have to walk across the whole property from room to room or restaurants and a smaller resort appealed to all of us..with that being said we are pool junkies so the larger pool and swim up bar kept calling my name.. LOL B) Figured that as much sun and fun we will be having during the day that we prob wont be up that late anyway and if we r we could be soo inclined to cab it to Ricks Cafe or Margaritaville for some evening festivities...Thanks all to replied.. It is much appreciated and I can not wait to goooooooooooooooooooooo.. I wish it were tomm!!! LOL

Carolyn

You did exactly what all Repeaters say; "Choose the resort that speaks to you." I think you made the right decision for you. Everything you talked about is exactly why I love CN. We return to CN this friday and I cannot wait. I will post a CN Live sometime after I get there.

Mariann