Default Pretty obnoxious...

I was offered and just accepted a job with a GREAT company!!! I start in August. I've already talked with my new team and said I'm going to need at least a week off in March to go to Jamaica.

A girl must have her priorities, right?

Glad for the new job MnK and of course we do!! Good luck with it all!

MnK,
    Congrats on your new job! And I think you have your priorities right in order! When I started a new job last September, I advised them imediately that I would be be out of the country for the Christmas Holiday and hoped it would not be problem!
    I hope for you all goes well!!

gotta always make time for paradise!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Never too soon to plan a vacation! The last time I started a new job I took my second week off...pre-planned, so at least you gave them a bit of notice! lol

Where does the "obnoxious" part come in? Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

I've been doing that for the last 10 years !!!

Kristen,

Congrats! And yes a girl has to have priorties.

I'm in a very similar situation! Just got the offer for a new job and will most likely accept it. So, my conversation will be the same with the new employer and team, as we are already booked for 8 days in March, 2012! Not obnoxious at all!!! It's called Work/Life balance, right!!??!!

That's okay! I just started up my own cleaning business, started my first job, and told them that I cannot come back until July 22nd because we are leaving for Jamaica in a few days! Yes, priorities come first. LOL!

Whenever I was in the INTERVIEW process I would tell them UPFRONT that I would be taking 2 weeks off each April. Made sure they knew the other 50 weeks I was all theirs 24/7....if they were not on board with it then there was no need to continue with the process.

You need to do what you need to do!