Default Beachfront vs Oceanview @ CSS

We're booking our honeymoon and are wondering what you would recommend between the Oceanview and the Beachfront Suites. The beachfront suites all have Jacuzzi. Is that right? Are the Jacuzzis nice or not worth it? On the other hand the Oceanview rooms have spectacular views and look more colorful and brighter in the photos on the website. Which would you recommend?

We stayed in a beachfront at CSS. The tub is really great--perfect for two. The room had a separate sitting area with a couch. The balcony wasn't that big, but had a table and chairs. Nice to eat on or for smoking cigars. Our room had a really great view and we were so close to the beach. The night of the gala we ate and then went back to our balcony to watch the entertainment.

I prefer OV as opposed to the BF as the BF is in the middle of everything and doesn't seem as private as the OV. There are lots more stairs to the OV, but I think it is worth it.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Css

We also stayed in the Beachfront Suites and my mother inlaw went with and stayed in the Oceanfront. They are basically the same, but the Beachfront Suites are higher up giving you a much better view! In fact, we are coming back in 11 more days and we booked the Beachfront Suite again because we liked it so much.

Beachfront - very small balconies, room for only a small table and 2 chairs
    Oceanview - most have huge balconies with a large table, 4 chairs, and either a double padded longer, or 2 single padded loungers, and still lots of room after that!

Beachfront - good views, especially if you are on the 3rd floor, but, just like the views from any other nice resort
    Oceanview - amazing views, unique to Sans Souci. Panoramic ocean views that will take your breath away!

Yes, there are stairs, but on the way up and down the stairs, the views are absolutely beautiful.

For us, the One Bedroom Ocean View suites in G block are the best rooms on the rsort!!
    (Karen&Paul)

Sorry, karyn, but the One Bedroom Beachfront Suites are not the rooms that are higher up, they are on the beach level of the resort. It is the One Bedroom Oceanview Suites that are up in the cliffs that gives you the wonderful views! Also, there is no category called "oceanfront".
    (Karen&Paul)

the jacuzzi in the 1 bed beachfront suite is nothing to get excited about
    it does not fit 2 people
    we are 5 8 and 6 3
    so maybe smaller people?
    I thought it was just the right amount of room for me. LOL

Those have never been available when I have made the reservations. We have only been in Building B on the 3rd floor, and had the One Bedroom Beachfront Suite and we had a great view of everything! The Oceanviews in building B are on the 2nd floor and the views are not as good. who knows, maybe we will be in a different building when we make our return trip in 9 more days.

My bad on the oceanfront, it should be oceanview

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    Sorry, karyn, but the One Bedroom Beachfront Suites are not the rooms that are higher up, they are on the beach level of the resort. It is the One Bedroom Oceanview Suites that are up in the cliffs that gives you the wonderful views! Also, there is no category called "oceanfront".

My husband is 6 4 and I'm 5 0; so maybe the eight inches you have on me made the difference Despite my height, I've never been described as little!

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    the jacuzzi in the 1 bed beachfront suite is nothing to get excited about
    it does not fit 2 people
    we are 5 8 and 6 3
    so maybe smaller people?
    I thought it was just the right amount of room for me. LOL
    I'm 5'8 and my wife is 5'1 and we both fit in the tub and shower together with plenty of room

here is a pic of the tub

and a view from the balcony

For us, it was all about location and the Beachfront suites are convenient to everything. AND, there are a lot of steps and they are steep to the OV rooms.

We like to use the bathroom in our room instead of the bathrooms at the pool/beach

We had a 3rd floor corner room (A31) and the view was wonderful. We do not lay out on our balcony so the balcony was plenty big for (2) or (4) people to sit and have cocktails.

We would not consider any other rooms at CSS

Hmmm! We were in the room next to yours and our jacuzzi was bigger.
    Name:  jacuzzi.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  28.7 KB.

Here was our view:
    Name:  Jamaica 141.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  32.9 KB

We did not even use it. We also liked the location because I liked to go to my room to use the bathroom versus the one on the beach. We could even see all the party action from there. We are on our countdown to getting back and I reserved the same type of room. Hopefully we get the same location!

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post

I'm 5'8 and my wife is 5'1 and we both fit in the tub and shower together with plenty of room

here is a pic of the tub

and a view from the balcony

Here is a link to our pictures from our last stay at CSS. We were in a one bedroom oceanview room, G 8, the best room we've ever had! There are some good pictures of our room, balcony and views from the balcony, to give you an idea of what this room category is like, at least the ones that are up in G block.

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ShareLand...localeid=en_CA
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by karyn View Post
    Hmmm! We were in the room next to yours and our jacuzzi was bigger.
    Name:  jacuzzi.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  28.7 KB.

Here was our view:
    Name:  Jamaica 141.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  32.9 KB

We did not even use it. We also liked the location because I liked to go to my room to use the bathroom versus the one on the beach. We could even see all the party action from there. We are on our countdown to getting back and I reserved the same type of room. Hopefully we get the same location!
    looks to be the same size, just taken from a further distance. we were in b26

Which ones are the Oceanview rooms? I've seen a few people talk about this but none of the rooms at CSS with the word "ocean" in the name are called Oceanview.

I just checked the Couples Website, and the proper name for the category we had was the One Bedroom Ocean Suite. I think they used to be called One Bedroom Oceanview Suite.
    (Karen&Paul)

I am a top floor G girl. We have stayed in three of them. Love all three, but one had a very small bathroom. These rooms all have different layouts.

I believe they are talking about the one bedroom ocean suites. The other option is the Ocean Veranda suites. I have stayed in both of these in block D, and in the BF in Block A. We liked all of them. We are staying with the BF because of the location. My husband has COPD and it is worsening each year. The stairs are getting to be a little much for him to take all the time now. But for view any of the two "Ocean" rooms are great.
    Linda

Karen,

I So loved your pics of CSS. Thank you for sharing them. I can't wait to go back in May,

kelly

Quote Originally Posted by karyn View Post
    The Oceanviews in building B are on the 2nd floor
    Buildings A & B are all Beachfront Suites. The Ocean Suites are all up on the cliffs.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Buildings A & B are all Beachfront Suites. The Ocean Suites are all up on the cliffs.
    My mother in law came with us; in Bldg B she had the Ocean view room on the 2nd floor. My husband and I had the beachfront suite and we were on the 3rd floor in Bldg B. My mother in law just verified with me she was in the ocean view on the 2nd floor. We were there at the same time one floor above her. Unless they ungraded her and she did not know about it, but she paid for the ocean view. This is weird because it is the Caribbean Sea. LOL!

A & B have always been Beach Front. Unless they changed it with this site. The description on the old site had the buildings the rooms are in and the only rooms in A & B were Beach Front. So, maybe she did get an upgrade.
    Linda