Default CSA BeachFront Suite OR BeachFront Verandah Suite?

Hello All!

My fiance and I are planning our January 2012 honeymoon and are booking a beachfront room. The only true difference I have seen is the TV and the balcony on the BFS is larger - does anyone have any strong opinion of which they prefer?

I grew up going to Jamaica (my dads good friend runs a restaurant on the cliffs of Negril), so for our honeymoon I definitely want to see the ocean!

We're thinking no TV may be a good thing, it IS our honeymoon after all.

Also, is the WiFi free in the rooms and did you get a good connection?

Thanks everyone - we're really excited to get on and book!

Best regards,
    Kristen

we stayed in a great house verandah. we had wifi that we had no problems using with our ipad but there was also a internet cafe in the same building. even in the great house room we had a "partial" view. we just got back late last night so i will post a pic later but we had a beautiful view.

cant go wrong with either one of them
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

We prefer the BFS, I guess we like tht set up because there are only 4 in a building and we like the location of them also. So I dont know if my opinion is strong, I would stay in any room and be happy as long as I was there, but we feel like there is a little more privacy in the BFS (its just how we see it).
    My husband had mixed feeling the first time we got a room without a TV, and now he LOVES it. We wouldnt have it any other way. You would be surprised the things you find to do together when you dont have a TV! lol lThe ONLY problem we have was when the Yankees were in the World Series. I thought he was going to divorce me when he found out there was no TV. Luckily they have the Sports Complex and we were able to watch it over there. It was actually really fun cause other people were there watching. I only wish they did more at the Sports Complex for those type of sport events, maybe keep the bar open or have a little buffet with some appetizer/snack type things. That would be really cool.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Do the beachfront suite!

Thanks so much! I would love to see a photo, but we did end up booking the BeachFront Suite (no tv, larger terrace). My fiance is a really big guy (6 foot 3) and we heard these rooms are a bit bigger. This way he will feel comfortable and like he has room to move around!

Thank you so much, I would still love to see a photo - HOW WAS IT?

My wife and I have been to CSA the last 2 years and always book a BFS as it gives you so much more of the island experience. First, and a good thing, no TV. Secondly, and a great thing, no glass on the windows...just screens and wooden shutters for evening privacy. You get to hear all the sounds of the Jamaican night from the soft rolling surf to the peeping frogs. You are also further away from the late noise of the nightclub if you choose to retire early. I have read about couples trying to put mosquito netting over their balcony doors in the BVS to try to hear all this. Why bother? The BFS are closer to the water and give you all you could want in a laid back Jamaican vacation. Your only real choice is whether to try to be on the first or second floor. First floor is a little bigger but second floor has more privacy and better views. The WiFi is free and you receive the loggon info when checking in. Enjoy!

My husband and I "wedding-mooned" at CSA last year. We had a television in our room. Just because it's there, doesn't mean you have to use it!

There seem to be 2 types of BFS and one is a bit larger room and a lot larger terrace. I still think they should split up that cat into deluxe and superior. I have heard stories of po'd guests who got the smaller version expecting the larger one.

This was our Beachfront Verandah last September. Granted we lucked out since we got a ground floor room, but you can't go wrong. We liked that we did have a TV to watch a little local flavor and see the weather, etc. Having a fridge / mini bar in the room was definitely a plus as well. Since you requested a pic, here a good view from our room.

Our first trip to CSA we booked the BFVS. We loved it and are booked again in 2012 for (hopefully) the same room. We have not stayed in anyother room, but if you want to be the closest to the beach, from our experience, this is the room to get.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    There seem to be 2 types of BFS and one is a bit larger room and a lot larger terrace. I still think they should split up that cat into deluxe and superior. I have heard stories of po'd guests who got the smaller version expecting the larger one.
    I agree!

CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    And if I'm not mistaken one of them has full shutter walls while the other type only has a portion of the wall with shutters.

CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Quote Originally Posted by KCKev View Post
    This was our Beachfront Verandah last September. Granted we lucked out since we got a ground floor room, but you can't go wrong. We liked that we did have a TV to watch a little local flavor and see the weather, etc. Having a fridge / mini bar in the room was definitely a plus as well. Since you requested a pic, here a good view from our room.

That is a great view. The BFVS are smaller though than the BFS and there are more rooms in a building which has 3 floors. The patio/verandah area is much smaller in the BFVS also. The BFS are in smaller 2 story buildings with only 4 rooms to a building. BUT the BFVS do have a TV which some people do prefer. So it's really what works best for you and your budget.

CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Not all of the BFS rooms have the huge wrap around terrace, like the one shown on the 360 view on this website. I only mention this because there is a recent review on Trip Advisor where the poster says that their BFS room did not look anything like the one on the website. I agree with Zaraforty that Couples needs to subdivide the BFS room category to reflect the larger terraces and the smaller terraces. While it's true that it's just wonderful to be at CSA, the reality is that many rationale people do get ticked off if the room they get is not the same as the one pictured on the website.