Thread: CSA Snacks?

Hybrid View

Default CSA Snacks?

Greetings all!
    31 days until I am at CSA for the first time! I was wondering if they had any places to get snacks? It is nice to sometimes get a snack such as a little bag of chips or crackers or some candy to snack on instead of eating a full meal somewhere. Is there anywhere to get things like this on the resort. If there is, is it included in the "all inclusive" or is it extra?

Thanks,

Mark

There is a small gift shop by the main lobby that has snack foods. You purchase those. Our favorite place to grab a snack is the beach grill--nachos, patties, etc. Seagrapes also has sweet potato chips with great dips.

there is a grill that we loved for this - burgers, jerk chicken, nachos, etc. there is candy, chips etc in the gift shop but you pay for those. the nachos are a perfect snack - you can get cheese, salsa, beans, sour cream, guacamole.

Mark my advice is to skip the Cabana Grill and head straight for Seagrapes Cafe on the beach. Some people rave about the burgers and fish sandwiches at the grill but they didn't do a thing for us unless it was late at night and nothing else was open. The sweet potato chips and dip at Seagrapes are awesome. As I recall, they also have some healthy fruit drinks of the day to wash down the chips. If you want candy and stuff like that just bring a some of what you like to snack on with you from home. I brought some bags of M&Ms and crackers. We even left a few of the items on the bed with a note for the maid thanking her for doing such a good job cleaning up after us. We saw her a few days later and she gave us the biggest smile and thanked us for the small gift. You know I just can't see spending money in the gift shop for things like that when there's so much food available. That is unless you have the $500 credit like we'll have to spend in December when we return home. Also at the Palms in the back corner there's usually a wide variety of deserts to choose from too to satisfy your sweet tooth. Stow a few in a napkin for an in between meal snack. Enjoy your time in Paradise, aka "CSA".

Quote Originally Posted by steveg52 View Post
    Mark my advice is to skip the Cabana Grill and head straight for Seagrapes Cafe on the beach. Some people rave about the burgers and fish sandwiches at the grill but they didn't do a thing for us unless it was late at night and nothing else was open. The sweet potato chips and dip at Seagrapes are awesome. As I recall, they also have some healthy fruit drinks of the day to wash down the chips. If you want candy and stuff like that just bring a some of what you like to snack on with you from home. I brought some bags of M&Ms and crackers. We even left a few of the items on the bed with a note for the maid thanking her for doing such a good job cleaning up after us. We saw her a few days later and she gave us the biggest smile and thanked us for the small gift. You know I just can't see spending money in the gift shop for things like that when there's so much food available. That is unless you have the $500 credit like we'll have to spend in December when we return home. Also at the Palms in the back corner there's usually a wide variety of deserts to choose from too to satisfy your sweet tooth. Stow a few in a napkin for an in between meal snack. Enjoy your time in Paradise, aka "CSA".
    Thanks! Do they care if you take food for later back to your room or do you have to hide it?? haha. More then excited with 30 days to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenieboy View Post
    Thanks! Do they care if you take food for later back to your room or do you have to hide it?? haha. More then excited with 30 days to go!!!
    Yes you can take food back to the room. No problem Mon, it actually happens quite frequently. Just be clean, or you will invite ants, who will inevitably be the stars of a trip advisor review.

You can take food back to your room, but remember you won't have a microwave. One night we got done eating at Lemongrass and I noticed that The Palms had conch fritters on the menu. I asked the hostess if I could get a couple of orders to go. They had the person behind the buffet make 2 fresh plates, and sent me on my merry way with 2 plates of fritters and silveware on a nice bamboo tray. They will take care of you, no worries mon!

I really suggest putting it in the fridge ASAP if you don't eat it all right away. The ants move in FAST!

I bring a can of pringles and combos with me and keep the combos in the fridge after opening to save from the humidity.
    The last few trips we have had enough miles to be fortunate enough to fly business class on Delta. The flight attendant
    brings out a basket of goodies like twix and I grab a few to take to the resort and to hand out to staff.

steveg52, tru dat.

Mrs. dirtleg always packs a bunch of snacks from home to eat on the plane rides and on the verandah if we happen to get hungry and don't feel like walking down the beach for something.

If you are craving something more substantial than crackers or candy Seagrapes is the best place for a snack, light lunch or a terrific fresh fruit smoothie to hold you till your next regular meal. I agree that the grill is best reserved for late night munchies when all other food venues are closed. But it does hit the spot for those occasions.

You would be surprised at how many folks, including repeaters, do not know about the desert bar in the far corner of Palms. We did not discover it till our second or third trip.

Is the desert bar at the Palms just open during lunch hours? At dinner you order desert off the menu.

We too, brink snacks from home... Pringles, candy, peanut butter crackers, bag popcorn, peanuts, trailmix, and cookies. Sometimes it's nice to have a snack handy. Also, since we go to CTI - we like to have snacks in our bag when we head to the island since there is not any food there - saves us a trip to the "mainland" for a bite to eat!

Have fun - we head "home" in 15 days!!!