Default SSB hot tub at night

Only 7 days left....

We were wondering about use of the hot tub at SSB after-hours, and a few (probably dumb) questions came up. So if I might touch on some questions of etiquette....

Is it dark? Should we bring a flashlight?

Should the tub be already occupied, does one walk away and leave the occupants in peace? Or does one yell banzai and do a cannonball? How many people are usually there?

What's the chance of encountering textiles?

Any other tips or guidance welcome... especially because our first day we will probably be too late to get to the beach before dinner.

Cheers,
    David and Pat

Don't know the answers to all of your questions, but we will be there in the same timeframe and although we probably would frown on you doing a canonball, you would be more than welcome to come join us. On our trip 2 years ago, it was rare to see anyone in the hot tub after dinner, except us! I'm sure others enjoy it at night, but we went a couple of nights and never had anyone else come over.
    See you next week!!

Darren and Leesa

Feb 2011, we were at CSS. We meet a few friends that we had talked to earlier at SSB. We decided we would go hit the hot tub at SBB. When we got there, we found that a Disco party was occuring. It think it was a Couples planne event, that we just didn't know about. Well we decided to dance and have a few drinks. After about an hour, we decided that we still wanted to hit the hot tub. Realize we had on dinner clothing, not bathing suits. We looked through the crowd and were pretty sure we had seen most at SSB earlier. So we just disrobed at hit the hot tub. No one seemed to mind. As far as lighting, there is always a little light there, and even the walk to SSB is lit. So enjoy yourself and go for a late night hot tub. Just like what is always said on the board, as long as you respect others - No Problem. There is another hot tub on the textile side so I don't think anyone should have a major complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by still_lovin View Post
    Don't know the answers to all of your questions, but we will be there in the same timeframe and although we probably would frown on you doing a canonball, you would be more than welcome to come join us. On our trip 2 years ago, it was rare to see anyone in the hot tub after dinner, except us! I'm sure others enjoy it at night, but we went a couple of nights and never had anyone else come over.
    See you next week!!

Darren and Leesa
    Ok, no canonballs. Neither of us is what you might call 'slim' and so we will need to watch out for the Archimedes effect, especially after a CSS dinner. We hope to make it Saturday night but with a 3am start time if won't be a late night... and we need to be up Sunday am to see Edgar for one of those amazing omelettes. (I hope I got his name right).

Do you bring drinks from your room? Or from a bar?

Cheers, David and Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tol View Post
    Feb 2011, we were at CSS. We meet a few friends that we had talked to earlier at SSB. We decided we would go hit the hot tub at SBB. When we got there, we found that a Disco party was occuring. It think it was a Couples planne event, that we just didn't know about. Well we decided to dance and have a few drinks. After about an hour, we decided that we still wanted to hit the hot tub. Realize we had on dinner clothing, not bathing suits. We looked through the crowd and were pretty sure we had seen most at SSB earlier. So we just disrobed at hit the hot tub. No one seemed to mind. As far as lighting, there is always a little light there, and even the walk to SSB is lit. So enjoy yourself and go for a late night hot tub. Just like what is always said on the board, as long as you respect others - No Problem. There is another hot tub on the textile side so I don't think anyone should have a major complaint.
    On Tuesdays & Fridays, after the Beach Party & Gala, there is an after party at the SSB pool where everyone is invited. It is not an AN event. These are listed on the activities flyer that you get when you check in. Going AN in the hot tub or pool during this party is frowned upon. Any other night, no problem mon! Also, there is three other hot tubs on the textile side of the resort, not including the one in the Hibiscus Cottage grounds. As you said the pathway to SSB is lit up and one of the lights at the grill area is always lit up at night. The security guard is also always there but most of the time you wont even see them or notice that they are there. Keep in mind that the bar is not open, except during the parties, so if you want a drink at night you will need to bring your own. On rare occasions the Red Stripe has been left tapped at the swim up bar so you might check it and see. Have fun and enjoy a late night AN dip under the stars. It's awesome.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013