Default Will Lobster Night in July?

I will be at CTI July 19-26...can't wait. It has only been 11 years since we were married there.
    I was wondering if they will be having Lobster Night?

Yes they will. Lobster mating season is April 1 - June 30 (that is when lobster is unavailable), so you are in luck! Enjoy!!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Yes and if I remember correctly, it is Friday night. Did you register for Romance Rewards? While your stay was 11 years ago, you may still get to attend the Repeaters' Dinner on Monday (let them know at guest services you are repeaters if you are interested) and often, there is lobster with that dinner also.
    Vicky

unfortunately we aren't going to be there on Friday night, is lobster available on nights/days other then Fridays?

Quote Originally Posted by Damenc View Post
    unfortunately we aren't going to be there on Friday night, is lobster available on nights/days other then Fridays?
    Lobster night varies for each resort. You are going to CSA correct? If so it is Saturday at CSA.

Is lobster night only on Friday? Is it just one night a week and is it only at 1 restaurant? We will be arriving around 6:00 pm on Friday 7/22/11 and leave on Friday 7/29/11 celebrating our 25th anniversary. I hope this doesn't mean we will miss lobster night.

Quote Originally Posted by Damenc View Post
    If not, take the shopping shuttle to Ochi and walk down to Dave's Lobster Shack - there you will get the best Caribbean lobster for a small price!

Actually, I thought lobster night was Saturday Night.... the last time we were at SweptAway outside of the lobster season was in Dec. of '08... we always arrive on Saturday, and while our flight was about an hour and a half late getting in to MoBay, we were able to get to the Palms in time to enjoy our lobster dinner.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default Thanks

Thanks I will let them know we are repeaters.
    I wasn't sure if that would get us any benefits.

I can't wait....2 weeks from tomorrow!

Don't get the excitement about "lobster night". What is to special about it?

Don't get the excitement about "lobster night". What is so special about it?

Quote Originally Posted by easycrew View Post
    Don't get the excitement about "lobster night". What is so special about it?
    It's really not a big deal. On lobster night, lobster is simply one of several items available for dinner at each of the restaurants.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

easycrew -

Frankly, with all of the dining options and menus available at Couples, I must agree! The lobster served in my experience, is quite good, but it is NOT the big, meaty and tastey Maine or North Atlantic lobster. Still good, as I said, and as long as its available, I'll eat it; but I certainly wouldn't (and don't) schedule our return home around the annual moratorium.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by tracyl View Post
    If not, take the shopping shuttle to Ochi and walk down to Dave's Lobster Shack - there you will get the best Caribbean lobster for a small price!
    That's awesome, unfortunately our trip we miss Friday and Saturday but will definitely check out Dave's Lobster Shack.... Thanks for the heads up!

Take the Island Mall shuttle, Dave's is located right behind Margaritaville - down the alley. There are usually a few locals there as well - we always buy a couple of rounds of Red Stripe for everybody and have the best time. There is no other way to get the true Jamaican feel!!!