Default Question about bedding at CSA...

My husband and I are leaving for our much belated honeymoon at CSA on Saturday. We're SO excited!!!! We're also extremely appreciative of all the helpful information we've found here.

However, I have one important questionI haven't seen answered. Are the pillows and/or comforters at CSA made with feathers? If so, are feather-free options available? I'd prefer not to waste suitcase space bedding, but I am EXTREMELY allergic.

Thanks so much!

Emily

I'm sure there are non-feather pillows at the resort. To make sure, just call the resort and ask. Congrats and have fun. CSA is the best!

Emily, glad you asked that question because I am extremely allergic too and not going for a while but would like to know ahead of time so I will be prepared!

The pillows are made of feathers. I bring my own because I get some fierce headaches when I use most other pillows, down ones especially. I don't know if they have any without feathers or not though.
    Last edited by melody; July 7th, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks everyone! I had a feeling they'd have down pillows. Nicer hotels generally do. I'll be sure to pack my own pillow just in case.

Emily

When I was there in November they had hard foam pillows. When I asked housekeeping if there were feather pillows available they said No. They must have both, and I was unfortunate enough not to get one. Next trip I am bringing my own pillow.

OMG I am glad that Emily asked this question cause I would be a total mess on a feathered bed!! Be worth the phone call to ask them about their pillows...sure hate to pack one but oh I would!!

You should try packing one using a travel space bag. I used two large ones got enough clothes in a small carry on for 6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJ712 View Post
    You should try packing one using a travel space bag. I used two large ones got enough clothes in a small carry on for 6 days.
    I have thought about this but I always wondered how you pack to come home? I don't have any of the bags but from what I have seen on tv it looks like you need a vacuum to suck the air out. How do you do that while at the resort? I must be missing something here.

OMG BCJ712 we are going for 25 nights so thinking we are going to have lots of luggage to start out with and now ingaine packing pillows too???? oh wow......but I do love my pillow! LOL

They have bags just for travel. They are like a huge ziplock bag and once you seal the end all you do is push all the air out of it. They have some sort of air lock on the end that let's the air out without letting it back in. I found gently rolling it up to push the air out worked the best.

They do have the travel space bags. We use them every time we travel and simply LOVE them!! I sponsor 2 soldiers in Afghanistan through www.soldiersangels.com . One of the first care packages I sent included a pillow and a sheet set. I used the vacuum space bags. OMGosh! You would not believe how small that pillow got. You can always pick up an economy pillow at Target or Walmart for $5.00 and leave it at the resort...give it to your housekeeper etc if you cannot get it small enough for the trip home.

They have bags just for travel. They are like a huge ziplock bag and once you seal the end all you do is push all the air out of it. They have some sort of air lock on the end that let's the air out without letting it back in. I found gently rolling it up to push the air out worked the best.
    Nice! I haven't seen those. That makes a lot more sense though.

Target has the space travel bags on line for $9.99. I am sure they probably have them in store also.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    OMG BCJ712 we are going for 25 nights so thinking we are going to have lots of luggage to start out with and now ingaine packing pillows too???? oh wow......but I do love my pillow! LOL
    With the cost of bags, I think I would look at the laundry service Couples offers.
    Vicky

I'm the exact opposite...I'm used to a down pillow and a firm on kills my neck. I pack mine, no matter what.

i always travel with my pillow sleep just isnt the same with out it!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)