Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Toooo much here in Iowa. The cow died and we can't get to the train depot now.....

Life is good

For our last trip flights out of Vancouver to MBJ (Canada, not WA) were over $1200... PER PERSON. So we flew out of Seattle (yet again) for $675 per person. We thought that was a steal. Saving over $1000 was worth the inconvenience of the 3 hr drive to Seattle and having a connection.
    It usually costs about $700 or more to fly to Toronto. It costs about $400 to fly an hour to Kelowna, BC (4.5 hour drive). We use air miles instead. Our airfares are insane. It's all taxes.
    So whenever you think your flights are expensive, be thankful you aren't Canadian.

Air fare is definatly up these days, but you really gotta start checking airfare earlier than a few weeks before your trip. I start checking as far in advance as AJ's website will allow. I check it 3 times a day every day until I find a price I like & then book it immediately & don't look back. This year we paid $ 835, up from $735 last year & that was the lowest price throughout the whole year. I usually book around Oct for the following May's trip.

I guess we are very spoiled living in Toronto Canada. We spent a total of 1,000 return for two, all in . In Novermber we spent about eigh hundred for two. I must admit we are flying with delta on the way there, with a stop over in Atlanta, but the way home is Air Canada direct. Air Canada and West Jet seem to have better sales on in the spring and fall, compared to the summer. I watch the air fares every day, and they have random unadvertised sales.

Quote Originally Posted by randi&sherri View Post
    yes more this year with price of gas economy etc...might try out of atlanta or other towns even with a hotles stay somtimes it still cheaper. we payed 548 per person from charlotte
    We too are in Charlotte area -- looks like for Nov about $575 per person. This is a little over $100 per person from our trip earlier this year and about $175 from our trips last year. Certainly is becoming more challenging, especially with all of the added fees, less flights, and more resorts opening in Jamaica.

Wow, I guess I won't complain to much about my $478rt tickets from MKE to MBJ then. I booked mine back in March, I didn't want to play the waiting stress game. Good luck to everyone!! I wish AirJamaica still flew out of Chicago, it was nice having a direct flight for only like $250rt.

The past 3 times we paid about $ 800pp out of cleveland. This year I hit the Tuesday special and got it for $250pp. We could not believe it. We are going in august but I booked last sept. It's with delta so you also get to check 2 bags each for free.
    Always check the airlines on Tuesday's at 3pm. Sometimes they offer some great deals but they only last one hour.

We have always used AMEX points for our flights and those have gone up quite abit too.

We paid a little over $800.00 for the two of us round trip nonstop from Newark, NJ. Booked that back in January. Met a couple at CSA last week that paid $1900.00 for two out of New York!!!! Yikes...

Fluffin - no kidding eh! We are planning our trip over the Christmas holidays so that's why the price is higher and we don't go anywhere but to Couples because we love it there.

Flying out of STL we have spent less that 1K for both of us on our previous 5 trips. All in June, some non-stop charters, some one stop flights that we booked online. So far for next year's trip, again in June, the prices are running from 500+ to 600+ per person, RT. We are going to watch the prices and if they get to something around 1K for the two of us we will probably book it. I doubt we will do much better than that. I also plan to shop prices from other airports in the region. Maybe Memphis or Indy, I have never tried that in the past but we are becoming a bit more creative in our shopping for air to Jamaica.

Any suggestions?

dirtleg - not sure if this it out of the way, but American has a couple of nice non-stop trips from O'Hare to MBJ that we have use in the $450 pp range.

Just booked for Jan, 2012. BWI to MBJ $910.00, per couple, incl baggage fees. Flying on Air Tran. They are the only carrier that goes into MBJ non stop.

lihi, we are from Cleve. & paid 800pp twice & 700pp, Where are u going in August, we'll be at CSS 8/6 to 8/14.
    Gerard

Default Crazy Cheap

Last year in late november out of winnipeg manitoba, Canada they had random flights for as low as 200 round trip..... which is insane..... right now for november it is $1600 round trip f or 2 people.

Quote Originally Posted by gmosback View Post
    lihi, we are from Cleve. & paid 800pp twice & 700pp, Where are u going in August, we'll be at CSS 8/6 to 8/14.
    Gerard
    Gerard
    We are going to c/a august 23 to 30. Have a good time.

Today I paid $860 for the two of us flying from O'Hare on Delta with one stop in Atlanta. Our trip is in September.

We fly out of Albany NY and normally pay between $1000-1200 - we could probably save $300-400 flying out of NYC or Newark but it is a 3 hour drive - taking all extra costs into consideration it is worth it to fly out of Albany. The one time we took a charter out of NYC (to another resort) we had to drive home in a snow storm on April 7th!!!!!

Yikes...that's steep! We usually pay about $500 for travel from Denver.

We paid 850 for RT from philly for may on Carribean Air, We couldn't believe how fast the flights were booking for a saturday so we just jumped in. I allotted a certain amount for our vacation and came in three hundred dollars under that, so I am not sweating it.

I have been looking at flying out of alternate airports in the midwest, we are in STL. Idny seems to be the most practical for distance and prices. However, by the time we add in travel from STL to Indy the cost savings to MBJ disappears and becomes a premium above and beyond just flying out of STL.

I have not looked at maybe just driving to Indy yet. That might be a solution for us, it is not that far a trip by car.

I will have to get out my calculator, pen and paper to do some more ciphering on the issue.

Anyone else out there trying to be creative in their travel plans? We are headed to CSA next June.

from DTW, Detroit to MBJ economy is around 500pp and bus class 1250pp round trip non stop on Sat to Sat flight

however much it cost to get to paradise is what we all will pay right!!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

I just checked flights from Miami for two people in October is just over $800.

Our prices from StL for next June have nearly doubled since the flights became available last month. If the prices continue to escalate or do not come down we will probably cancel next summers trip. Still lots of time, but indications are not good.

Oy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast