Thread: Weather!!!

Default Weather!!!

Ok, I'm freaking out a little bit about the weather! We leave Saturday, July 9th and the 10 day forecast is predicting rain almost everyday. That doesn't bother me so much because I know the rain probably doesn't last that long. What I am freaking out about is there's a 60% chance of rain all day and night on July 13th and that's my 10 year anniversary. We have a private dinner on the beach scheduled and I don't want rained out!!! I don't want to have to reschedule for a different night for obvious reasons so does anyone know what else they may be able to do in case of rain? Thanks in advance for the advice

I know others have said not to worry about the weather, but I am also freaking out a little bit about the forecast. I leave in 6 days and they announce nothing but rain and thunder showers. I don't mind if it's only an hour or 2 a day, I just worry that the entire week will be a wash out!!! Can someone please comfort us on this matter again.....lol.

Thanks

I should also mention we are staying at CN.

I'm not sure which resort you are going to so I can't speak to what can be done on property in case of a rain out for your beach dinner....

However, the biggest thing I would say is....relax.. Forecasters can't predict things three days from now let alone 10. Depending on which resort you go to can decide your weather. CSS and CTI - you are getting one type driven by mostly precipitation driven down from the north. These can loop over the island south and end up going west over CSA and CN.

The other weather is coming from the east from out in the Atlantic. As of 12:00pm GMT on 7/7/2011, there are two unorganized clusters heading West / north west towards the Caribbean. Does this mean they will hit? No one knows. Does it mean that won't? Again, no one knows. With luck the 1st will go north before getting to the island the other will stay south and pass you by.

I want you to have your anniversary dinner on the beach... I didn't get to last year since our anniversary fell on a Monday when they don't do beach dinners. We had our dinner on the last night we were there and it was the perfect way to end the most perfect week of my life, with the woman I love. If I know anything about Couples, they like to take care of their patrons and will do whatever they can to make sure your special night happens.

If torrential rain is pouring that night, they obviously can't control that. But please don't let the thought of what might happen spoil your time there.

Keep your chin up and enjoy the sun and smiles. Reply back with which resort you are at so others that have been at that resort and have had a rain out experience can chime in.

Enjoy and Safe Travels.

We were freaked out as well, but just got back from an incredible week at CSA. Most every morning started out super gorgeous and clear, around 3pm things would get a bit overcast, and twice we had the excellent opportunity to sit in the pool (or the ocean!) during a massive downpour... ... that lasted just 20min or 45min. When the longer one hit, we just headed for the grill to get something to eat and watched it come down!

Once it passed, the sun came back out enough for us to continue laying out (remember, you don't need direct sun to tan!) and then we were treated with some pretty incredible 3D sunsets lighting up the cloud layers to the west.

There was an evening sprinkle one night, and we had just walked by a few of The dinner-on-the-beach's being set up. Again it didn't last long, but it probably did disrupt the setup (which looks awesome btw, better than the pics). I'm not sure what they did to work around it.

Something that you'll hear from many other folks will be to not stress. Our experience at CSA did find us stressing about a couple of things on day one, but I can't begin to tell you how cool the staff is about making sure that things work out for you. Let things play out as they will, let the staff know your concerns, and you'll be rewarded with a fabulous, no-stress time.

irie mon

We were just there in early June for 12 days. 60 - 80% chance predicted everyday. It did rain on us the first two to three days, but then turned beautiful for the rest of the time. As far as the dinner and rain out...if that happens, be patient and understanding and you wil find that the staff will go out of their way to make the evening very special. What ever happens, you will be pleased when it is over. They(the staff) deal with problems like weather all the time. We have been to Couples five years. Over that time, we have seen weddings, dinners, and other special occasions that had to be altered. We have yet to find or see anyone that was not amazed, happy, and thankful for the job done by the staff. Truly, the only problem you will have is worrying about it, so I tell you, relax and I promise it will all work out to MORE than your satisfaction.

Respect,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

It showers pretty much everyday in Jamaica...liquid sunshine. Unless there is some kind of tropical storm over the island, you will be fine. The showers last about 30mins at most....then you rest of the day is yours

I hear ya, hope the rain is quick, we leave on the 10th and our anniversary is also on the 13th. Hope the weather clears up for your romantic dinner! Happy 10th, we're celebrating our 20th.

Which resort are you staying at? There are other options than the beach for the private dinner. We had ours in the tree house at CN and it was very romantic.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Linar View Post
    Ok, I'm freaking out a little bit about the weather! We leave Saturday, July 9th and the 10 day forecast is predicting rain almost everyday. That doesn't bother me so much because I know the rain probably doesn't last that long. What I am freaking out about is there's a 60% chance of rain all day and night on July 13th and that's my 10 year anniversary. We have a private dinner on the beach scheduled and I don't want rained out!!! I don't want to have to reschedule for a different night for obvious reasons so does anyone know what else they may be able to do in case of rain? Thanks in advance for the advice
    We also had a 10-year anniversary private dinner scheduled at CSS in April of 2010. It rained buckets, however, they were able to set us up under an awning down by the spa on the clifts. Turned out just fine and food was to die for. No worry mon! The resourcefulness of the staff amazes me.