Thread: CSS Rooms

Default CSS Rooms

We are booked at CSS in January in a 1 Bedroom Ocean Suite, because we wanted the view that (according to posts I read) the 1 Bedroom Beachfront did not provide. My concern is that it's a long walk to SSB and just about everywhere else. We are in good shape, so the walk would not kill us, but if we can be a little closer? Would the Penthouse be a better option? Good view plus a little more centered on the resort? Also I've read several posts regarding the building numbers, but the map view on this site does not show the building numbers. Does anyone have a resort map that has the buildings numbered? Thanks in advance!

Keep what you have the penthouse is no better just request building E it's in the middle when you check in and no matter what you get if you get tired of the steps just call ext. 6010 for the resort shuttle to take you anywhere on the property you want to go. Honestly the views from G at the top are spectacular.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

I would be happy to send you the map (amy.welch@Hotmail.com). I've posted it on here before, but it's too small to read.

The One Bedroom Ocean (which is where we stayed) are in several building, but mostly D, F and G which are at the top (D is in the middle). We were in G and it's 150 steps to the main beach. It's not strenuous, but for us, it got old every time we wanted to go back to the room if we forgot something or if hubby had to rinse out his scuba gear. If we go back, we would stay in the Beachfront in Buildings A or B. These still have a great view, just different. The A or B view if of the beach and ocean, while the views from those up in the cliffs is just of the ocean (no beach). Building D would be perfect since it's in the middle.

The Penthouse is also an option like you said, but those are in multiple buildings, including G at the top.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

As I've said before on the MB, the 1-bed Ocean view suite in Block D is in the middle of everything and to us, represented the best of all worlds.

I would say it's about 5 minutes additional walk to Sunset beach, on the closest block, which would be in the 2 oldest blocks at CSS.

SO, having said all this, IF you moved to a closer block to Sunset Beach, you would be walking those 5 minutes to breakfast (I'm assuming you will be having breakfast), which is located closest to E and D Blocks - you may as well stay in the 1 bed ocean suite....

I have pictures if you want to see the location, email me on sunflower_66_cpt@hotmail.com

We stayed in a One Bedroom oceanview in building D. It was perfect. We actually only had the one set of stairs to get to our section of rooms. I never really counted them, but my husband has emphysema, (getting close to needing oxygen) and he never really had a problem. I actually asked him which rooms to book for our trip this winter and he said the same area would be great as long as I let him take his time going up the steps. We also spent most of our time as SSB. No problem mon.
    Linda

Thanks for the replies! I guess we'll stay with the One Bedroom Oceanview, and request D Block. Are there any room numbers that we should request or avoid? Can you call ahead and request a room?

we had Room A-31 and it had a beautiful View. Not sure why anyone would say 'A' block does not have a good view. 3rd floor OFJS right beside SSB.

We like to go back to the room several times per day and it would be quite a hike from SSB to the other rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    we had Room A-31 and it had a beautiful View. Not sure why anyone would say 'A' block does not have a good view. 3rd floor OFJS right beside SSB.

We like to go back to the room several times per day and it would be quite a hike from SSB to the other rooms.
    Hi,

I didnt mean A and B did not have good views - they do. All blocks have great views, but if you want the 'cliff-side' view, it would have to be in the C / D / E / F / G blocks. D block to us was the best compromise as it gave us cliff side, but without the hike. If we go back to CSS, we will request D4 and D5, for all these reasons.

In the end, ALL rooms have something nice about them. - it's really 6 of one and half a dozen of another - all great!