Thread: Best Rates

Default Best Rates

Finally decided on Sans Souci next June for our 20th anniversary, now am wondering if there are any tricks for scoring the best rates. Have travelled to AIs in the past and got great deals but was wondering (especially with airport shuttle included by Couples) if I wouldnt do better through the Wednesday specials or something. Would love any tips anyone might have...cant wait to go!

We have always found the best rates on the Couples website, and purchase the flights separately later. This is especially true the earlier you book the trip. You can put $400 down as a deposit, which is fully refundable up to 90 days before your trip -- nice perk too.

Unfortunately you just missed the lowest rates for 2012 travel. Rates just increased on July 1. I still think Couples.com is the way to go.

Yes, go between Aug & Dec 24. They offer pretty good rates then.

I'd love to hear what you can find. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal. So far flights alone from Toronto are anywhere from $1,700 (1 stop), $2,000 to $2,500 (direct), that's for both of us - taxes in. Crazy!! We always book as a package though, but I still keep those numbers in the back of my head when looking for rates.

The shuttle is for Couples guests - yes, but you get that whether you book direct with Couples or thru a TA.

Oh, sign up for romance rewards as soon as you're able because there are bonuses to being a repeater.

The best rates you will get for 2012 are to book between now and August 31st unless a Wednesday special comes along. If that is the case, you can call Couples (if you booked through them) and just change your 'deal' to the Wednesday special. If you are booking through a TA, then talk to the TA before you book and see if they charge a change fee, if they do, book with someone else.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I was wondering the same thing...and I had no idea about the Wednesday specials! Thanks Coloradojuli!!