Thread: CSW vs CN?

Default CSW vs CN?

For those of you that have experienced both CN and CSA, which is the "better" resort and experience? Is one facility newer than the other? I'm drawn to CSA because of its location on the seven mile beach, but CN sounds like it has a better pool situation (and the AN beach if we have enough to drink!

I'd appreciate anyone's opinions and comments! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DFWOKCWS View Post
    For those of you that have experienced both CN and CSA, which is the "better" resort and experience? Is one facility newer than the other? I'm drawn to CSA because of its location on the seven mile beach, but CN sounds like it has a better pool situation (and the AN beach if we have enough to drink!

I'd appreciate anyone's opinions and comments! Thanks!
    Everyone will have their own opinion, its probably 50/50 on this board and they are both great choices. You really can't go wrong with either.

Look into what both have to offer and pick the one that suites you the best. What works for us might not work for you. Look at as many pictures as you can and read trip reports. One of the two will "speak" to you.

In the end, always go with your initial gut feeling -- its usually right!

Enjoy!
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

You realize you are opening a large can or worms here don't you??? Oh well, I'll bite.

We've been to both CSA & CN & we prefer CN. We went to CSA first (just before they expanded) & loved it but tried CN the next year & LOVED it way more & that's were we call home now. The beach at CN is on a GORGEOUS bay & is THE BEST! Feels more romantic & tropical to me then the wide open beach at CSA. Don't get me wrong, the beach at CSA is beautiful but we just like the one at CN more. The pool at CN is absolutely GREAT ...... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Lots of trees, close to everything, lots of chairs, lots of room in the pool.

You won't be disappointed either way I'm sure ---- Negril is a gorgeous area & both resorts are Couples so it's really win/win either way you go.
    Julie

I will be the first one to tell you that we have only been to CN, we are planning on doing a trade when we are the next week (Yeah!!!!) so I can not give you a true comparison. What I can say to you though, is that you are drawn to CSA then that is the resort that is calling you home.

Quote Originally Posted by DFWOKCWS View Post
    . . . . I'm drawn to CSA because of its location on the seven mile beach . . . .
    Both CN and CSA are on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length. CSA is located on Long Bay and shares the bay with numerous other resorts, restaurants, and bars. CN is located on Bloody Bay and shares the bay with three other resorts.

We've been to CN 12 times and CSA once. We prefer CN to CSA, but neither resort is "better" than the other. Each resort is unique, and each has something to offer guests. You won't be disappointed with either.

There is a lot of information on this web site to help you decide which resort is better suited to you. Read the information and accommodation and dining options, read the MB, take the photo tours for each resort, and look at the photos posted by guests on the photos mega thread. If you review the information provided, there will be something about one of the resorts that appeals to you in particular. That is the resort that you should select.

If you still can't make a decision, at least you've gathered information that will enable you to ask specific questions designed to elicit the details necessary to help you decide which resort better matches what you're seeking. What I look for in a resort might not be what you're looking for, so what I think is "better" might not be "better" to you.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Thanks for all of your input...I really appreciate it!

Go to the one you are leaning towards. CSA ROCKS!!!

We have gone to CSA twice and absolutely had a wonderful time. Did the trading places and spent the day at CN. While it was ok, we thought that CSA was far superior. We understand that spending a day at a resort is not like staying there. But we feel we saw enough to know that when in Negril, CSA is the place to be. Bloody Bay lacked the endless beach to walk on. And Bloody Bay, in our opinion had a resort to the left, that was not a great place and an undeveloped stretch of beach to the right that was unfortunately too filled with trash for our liking. If you stay at CSA and make a right instead of a left (we love this walk the same way as we love the walk to the left!) you will pass the next resort and then there is public beaches which are quiet and un spoiled with no litter. I do not know why there is not more of an effort on the part of Couples and the surrounding resorts to clean up Bloody Bay. And we found that there was just as much beach business at CN as there was at CSA so the long stretch of beach on Long Bay was the right thing for us. Having said all this, I think that whatever beach you decide on will be fine. Jamaica is a wonderful island. We are heading to Sans Souci this Jan/Feb and tho we know it won't be Long Bay we are indeed looking forward to a different part of a wonderful island. We are so looking forward to it!