Default address change for passport

Can anyone tell me how to get an address changed on your passport? Our trip is 5 months away, but I want to get this taken care of immediately because I don't want any problems when the time comes to go to our home away from home!! Thanks for any info you can provide.

Carolyn

Your address is not on your passort

There is no address on a passport except for what you write in - what are you referring to?

I have moved 18 times over the past 30 years and never did an address change on my passport.

Take another look at your passport. Unlike your driver's license, your passport does not contain your address.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I don't believe that having an incorrect address on your passport will invalidate it. However the easiest place to find the appropriate information would be the website below:
    https://pptform.state.gov/

It is a "wizard" that asks questions to point you in the right direction. Other advice would be to go to your local post office and inquire about changing the passport or contacting the State Department Regional Passport office directly in your area. Here is the list of regional sites : http://travel.state.gov/passport/npi...ncies_913.html

head to the post office. if you have received it within a year it wont cost ya a thing. after that i was told a name change will so not sure bought the adress. let us know! ; )

Are you a U.S. citizen? My passport is a few years old, and I'm looking at it right now. What address are you looking to change? The only place for an address is where you write in your home address and emergency contact on page 7. You are supposed to write this information in pencil so that it can be changed. However, you can cross out anything you wrote in ink and write in the new information. You do not have to go through the government to do this.

Thank you for your responses. That just goes to show you how much I pay attention to things. Our passports are in the safe and I just assumed they had our address on them. This is the first move we have made in 39 years. We are leaving the home we bought when it was new, we raised our 2 boys here and welcomed our grandbabies into the world here. I have made a list of people and companys that I have to notify of the address change, so I can now mark off the passport.
    On top of everything else, I am having total knee replacement on July 25th, so whisper a prayer for me. Thanks again

Carolyn

Carolyn: I had my left knee replace in Feb of 2010 (at age 50). It is not easy, but it is not horrible. Make sure you do the therapy and I found doing a lot of strengthing exercise before the surgery really helped. Best of luck.

kycouple,
    where in Ky are you? I am from Henderson and moving to Lake Barkley in Eddyville.

Carolyn

mememon
    When are you planning to be at couples & which location?