Thread: dress tape

Default dress tape

I am thinking about wearing some strapless dresses for the restaurants and for my wedding dress, just wondering if the dress tape can hold up to the heat and humidity in Jamaica?

I didn't use the dress tape. I did have a sticky strapless bra one year and it didn't do well outside, it didn't hold up to the sweat and heat . Inside the restaurants you'll probably be okay.

Try toupee tape. It's stronger and holds very well.

Quote Originally Posted by travibabiesgirl View Post
    I am thinking about wearing some strapless dresses for the restaurants and for my wedding dress, just wondering if the dress tape can hold up to the heat and humidity in Jamaica?

you can always sew it on =P.

no but seriously, there is this elastic band grippy stuff you can buy and sew at the top of the bustline. it sticks and it doesn't matter if you're sweaty or not. my wife used the stuff before. it works. the only thing is... well... after the wedding, when you and your Mr. get to being a little romantic, you're going to have a rubber band induced line above your bustline for a while =P

Yes dress tape will hold up in Jamaica. My wife uses it all the time. I think it would hold up under water it so strong. Do not use it on sunburned skin. She uses Brazabra brand
    Terry & Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by travibabiesgirl View Post
    I hope not.

Depending in the thickness of your dress, do you even need to worry about tape? I got married outside at a vineyard in CA and I went au natural under my dress. It was great because the dress was fitted enough to hold me in and I didn't have to fuss with a bra, tape, etc.

Thank you all for the advice/ tips for helping with the strapless clothing and the laughs too on some of the comments.