Default Private dinner on CTI island?

I just heard that someone had their private dinner on the island at CTI instead of the beach! How much does it cost and what days of the week is it available? Can you use your early booking credit or Romance Rewards credit? Also what if the weather doesn't cooperate? Do you reschedule or is the dinner moved to a different location? We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and both our 60th birthdays in January 2012 and would love to know more about the private island dinner!
    Thanks

All I know is the cost and I heard two different numbers $240 $250. You have champagne on the pier before departure, your own server and the check is on the island cooking. There can be three couples-one at each end and I guess one in the middle. Otherwise everything else is the same. I believe private dinners are included in what you can do with the resort credits. We talked with a couple of couples who really enjoyed this dinner.
    Vicky

Just came back from CTI where we did the private dinner on the Island. It was wonderful! You have drinks on the pier than the boat takes you over where there is a personal chef cooking for you. You get a bottle of Couples wine, personalized menu (ours had Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary on it), free picture & frame and when we came back to our room there were flowers all over the bed. You can use part of your Romance Rewards, it was $240.00. If it rains I believe they re-schedule you and it's done every night of the week except if there is a wedding on the island. I think they could do 4 at one time each under the 4 gazebos. I suggest you do it as it is magical.
    Dianavr

I thought I saw someone post that it's $250. I believe the beach option is $180. I'm doing the beach option.

I just read on a post that they are having them and it costs $250. We will be there on Friday and we may be booking one so I will let you know.

I was told it cost $250.00 last week when we were at CTI depending on what you want. Days, I think it is all.
    Irie Mon

Wow...wish they had told me that was an option! We had the choice of the beach or our balcony. Though it was awesome, given the opportunity, I would have done the island.

The island dinner was amazing and we had no idea there was anyone else on the island. We got engaged there and it is something i will never forget
    driveindou

Wow we have been on this mb since March of this year and we are just now hearing this for the first time??? that excites me!!!

We just did it 8/20 and can say it was the experience of a lifetime. We got lucky enough to be the only ones on the island that night but when word spreads of how incredible it is I'm sure it will get busier. Candle light walkways, personalized menus, amazing food and service and the best ambiance you could ever imagine. This truly is a must do for everyone looking for a once in a lifetime experience.
    PS...there were also a couple amazing surprises that followed but we don't want to ruin it.

we are supposed to have our tonight. At this point we are the only ones on the island. Praying it doesn't rain tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1STIMERS View Post
    We just did it 8/20 and can say it was the experience of a lifetime. We got lucky enough to be the only ones on the island that night but when word spreads of how incredible it is I'm sure it will get busier. Candle light walkways, personalized menus, amazing food and service and the best ambiance you could ever imagine. This truly is a must do for everyone looking for a once in a lifetime experience.
    PS...there were also a couple amazing surprises that followed but we don't want to ruin it.
    Thanks for the info! I can't wait to try it in January

Hubby and I had the private island dinner last night. It was spectacular. I would recommend it to anyone. It is for sure worth the $240. It is a night neither one of us will ever forget. Two years ago we did the private beach dinner here and thought that was amazing but it doesn't top the private island. There are so many extra surprises u get. Don't want to spoil them

We just returned from CTI and we had the dinner on the beach.
    Having been to the island, I'll say that I liked the beachside dinner better. You really can't get very close to the water on the island.
    But the view is spectacular and you would love the breeze out on the island. Either choice is going to be so awesome!

Yowsa.....sounds absolutely awesome....renewing our vows in January....sounds like this needs to be on the agenda as well....

Thanks to all who raved about the private dinner on CTI island. I would not have booked it without reading your posts. We're not really the private dinner type -- there is great food in all of the restaurants, so why pay for an upgrade, right??? I booked it anyways for our 20th anniversary dinner last week and it was an absolutely amazing experience that is well worth every penny. Do it!

Special thanks to Romaine for taking care of us all evening, Wenross and "Stretch" for amazing food, Gary ("Captain Jack Sparrow") for water transportation and the additional surprise, and the photographer guy for capturing it all (shame on me for not remembering his name).

The entire CTI staff is awesome but this dinner took that to a whole new level. Be sure to eat a light lunch that day!

Please could someone tell me how to go about arranging a private dinner on CTI island?
    It will be my partner's 50th birthday the day after we arrive for our holiday in January - so it is something I would need to book ahead of our arrival. (Also - do you know if Romance Rewards can be used in part payment?)
    I'd appreciate any advice.

you book the dinner at the guest services desk in the lobby (best to do on arrival to guarentee the dates... if it falls on a Friday, it's lobster night ) ... and yes you can use your resort credit towards it... at the end of your stay all the things you've charged (private dinner included) are accumulated, resort credit deducted and balance due is your payable... no need to worry about sorting it out on booking

enjoy!

WE just got back from CTI for our honeymoon.. My hubby suprised me with dinner on the island!! It was amazing.. there was actually another couple that went over before us and we started to get a little mad since the whole thing is called Private island dinner.. but it turned out just right, you couldnt even tell there was another couple besides the fact we saw them go over. the waiter is amazing and you actually are pretty much left alone the entire time. we had dinner on thursday night there and it was lobster and steak!!! the food was AMAZING.. and you can walk around the island and you are allowed to go in the tower as well!!!! You are not rushed at all and its well worth the money. Our dinner reservation was for 7 and we didn't get back to the pier until about 9-9:30.. and that was eating and walking around the island!!!

I tried to book this through the romance coordinator on the website, but they didn't even offer the island option to me. Is there a way I can have it booked before I go?

@pauvrelapin

Since you've tried and failed...I say try, try, again...but this time...offer the information that you know to be true...as they do offer this at CTI....I booked our dinner for the evening of our vow renewal and this is occurring in January....There are 2 days during the week that it is not offered (don't recall which 2)....there are also 3 time slots to choose from.....you can prepay with a credit card authorization form, or opt out of that and choose to have it attached to your bill during your stay...we chose the latter.....I believe they only have a handful of couples out there at a time....
    we can't wait..it'll be a perfecet ending to our vow renewal....it's all coming together...friends from couples will be there...hors d'oeurves and cocktails with them after the ceremony, then off to our private dinner....

Is this still an option? Would love to have a dinner on the island!
    CSA 2009, 2011 & 2013

Yes did it in October - it was fabulous - very peaceful and romantic.

Amy