Default How do you know your at the right one and the trouble with "S"?

OK. I've been a lurker here for quite some time. So my boyfriend and I want to take our first "REAL" vacation together so I went to the OTHER site. Yes, them. I signed in to chat with a sales person. Who after I did not respond to her question in 5.2 seconds signed off, and left me hanging there. Big mistake. I'm a customer service person by trade. I am a harsh critic of "Things that turn me off." I wrote them off because of one person.

Now onto to why I'm Here. I know this question has been asked billions of times.. I love Swept Away and Negril descriptions on this site. How do I know which is going to be perfect? I don't need a fancy butler or 5 star food. Were burgers and fries people to be honest. But how do you know? Is there a brochure YOU could send Randymon.

And how DO you pronounce Negril anyways?

Thanks mon
    Maria

In my opinion you made the right choice coming here.... It's pronounced Neh-Gril. There is an online brochure here :
    http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...f8#/c5a1daf8/1

Or...if you want on paper...here is the link for getting one...
    http://couples.com/contact/request-brochure-canusa.php

It's a good thing you don't need a butler, because Couples don't have them. :-D Couples does offer a high level of service and my wife and I felt spoiled when we left.

Perfection is something that is always wanted for, but never achieved IMO. There are people that swear by CN , and other will swear by CSA. If you are into excercise, CSA is the place to go. If you want huge pool and swim up bar, CN is probably right. Everyone has their favorite. We loved CSA and can't wait to go back.

As far as food goes, there will be everything from burgers to great seafood and Filet Mignon. Definitely try different restaurants though, we never had a bad meal.

Good luck and Safe Travels!

There is an on-line brochure you can print. If you are researching other travel websites, you will find that you keep returning to one resort more than the other and that one is calling to you. A couple of big differences is CSA is on a larger public beach. CN's is a smaller public beach. CN--has an Au Naturel beach, CSA does not. CSA is known for it's sports complex. Just keep checking and looking at photos. One of the resorts will pull at your heart strings.
    Vicky

Maria:

This is the link to down load and order the brochure.

http://couples.com/contact/request-brochure.php

Couples does not butlers, it is a room class free resort, everyone is equal and they treat you treated great. We have been to that other place and they have a class system based on what you pay for your room, and it has effected our vacation.

Food, yes you can get hamburgs and fries, but please try their other great food they offer. When you stay at Couples they do not have an upcharge to eat at a great seat down restaurants. Almost everything is included. (Some trips, wine from the wine list, caddies, golf club rental, and spa) They do pay for the green fees for golf.

As to what resort to go to, go to the one that calls you. They are all different and great in their special ways. It all depends on what you like and what you are looking for.

Come to a Couples Resort and they will take care of you. They have doing this for us for 6 years.

Michael
    Irie Mon

It will speak to you. While we were checking into where to spend our vacation in Jamaica - it just spoke to me. Check out trip advisor - look at pictures- check what is available at each resort. Something will hit you that this is the resort for you. For me it was a picture of a sunset at the same time we were going a yr earlier, for my husband it was the red flag service. It just came to us. Good luck and I don't think you will go wrong on any of the resorts

I have been to the "s" resort twice and to couples swept away once and are going to couples again in august. The first time to Jamaica and the "s" resort was for our honeymoon and I thought nothing could be better. Then we went back and it changed because they added the butlers and if you do not get a room with a butler then forget it.
    Then we tried Csa and it was great. Everybody is treated the same and the ocean is so much better, I could not believe it. The food is just as good and the drinks are better. The only thing that was better at the "s" resort was there night club is on the beach.
    Couples is half the price and you get a lot more for what you paying and nothing is better then couples beach. So that's why we now are returning guests with couples.

Knee-grill is how the locals say it, most americans pronounce it ne grill. We have only been to csa and we love it. Laid back, chill, and really romantic. Oh the best stretch of beach...new spa. Love csa
    Erika & Sean

I wouldn't dismiss any company based on one experience with one employee.....you can miss out on some great things that way. NOT that I would ever recommend sandals to anyone. To me, they're the McDonalds of resorts....lowest common denominator quality, cheesy, loud, even the colors are similar....... But that's just me

Anyhow, I don't think you can ever KNOW a place is IT until you actually go there. That being said, the couples website has at least as much info as any brochure. Check out tripadvisor.com, there are tons of pictures of both resorts there. You may find that one of them speaks to you more than the other.

there are descriptions on inclusions for each resort on the site. we picked couples negril for the reason that it is a smaller resort,awsome inclusions, and a beach to die for. what i understand about swept away is that if you like waking up and sitting on your balcony/patio and having a room directly in front of the beach there ya go. it does not have as much foliage as couples negril. good luck mon! single digits and counting!

NUH - GRILL.

...and you want Couples San Souci.

LS

Don't look for perfection as it does not exist.

While Couples offers burgers and fries (we don't eat them but have seen them there) there are many other options that are not exotic. We love the local dishes and their excellent buffets give you a chance to sample a bit of everything.

CSA is our preference because (1) I am a gym rat, (2) good nightlife, (3) ala carte options at every meal, (4) unique rooms with wonderful terraces.

CN is a great resort as well but lacks 2 and 3.

I have been to many of the S resorts over the years but outgrew them and feel that they are overhyped and overpriced. They have changed a lot over the past 20 years and not for the better. I have been going to CSA pre Couples and always found it to be a special place. There have been changes and I have to say I liked it even better before the expansion but it still maintains the overall personality we enjoy.

John ans I have stayed at the Montego Bay "S" resort for the last four years. We were married there in 2008. I have no co,plaints about the food, service, or accomidations (we always chose a suite that icluded a butler, so I am sure that makes a big difference). This year we decided to make a chnage and see other parts of wonderful Jamaica (we love this country) and to try a different resort. The first thing that struck me about Couples was the cost. Our stay in September cost about two thrids the cost of our ususal stay at the "S" resort. Also, several activities that we had to pay for at the "S" resort are included in the cost at Couples. I looked at the photos of the Couples resorts and read numerous reviews on several websites. Another draw to Couples was the au natural beach. At "S" we had to travel to another resort to get this awesome option. We chose San Souci for it's beautiful grounds, au natural beach, and it's size. It appears to be very intimate. We're going to be at San Souci 9/3-9/10 and I'll be posting a review after our stay. So far I haven't read or seen anything that would say our decision was not one of the best we've made in a long time. Good luck on your search. Where ever you are in Jamaica you will have a good time, but Couples looks like it gives the biggest bang for the buck.

Search other travel sites like TripAdvisor. Read all the reviews and add up everything. This is what we did back on 2006.

Take a look at the brochure and the other advertising on this web site. The photos of the grounds, food, and the smiling faces of the staff are a TRUE representation of Couples resorts. Then, all you have to do is pick which one of the four Couples resorts appeal to you. We picked Swept Away because we love to watch the beautiful sunsets on the beach.

Life is good

When I started searching for an AI in Jamaica a few years back, I started with the S resort. I then came across this website, and never turned back. At that time S did not put much on its site for inclusions, and I was much more impressed with this site, so that is what drew me to Couples, then I researched all four resorts, and decided on Ocho Rios, was going to try what is no CTI, but that was when it was under remodling. Ended up choosing CSS because that is the one that "called" to us. The only reason we would have choosen CTI first was I was interested in the Cat Cruise. Now, that cat cruise means nothing, we fell in love with CSS, did a trading places to CTI the following year, and have been back to CSS since. Keep thinking we should try one of the other resorts, but can't get ourselves to do it. The staff is great, and seems to remember you the next year when you come back. They will do anything possible to accomodate you (even take a picture with "Flat Stanley" for me for our Granddaughter). Keep looking at the site and comparing the four resorts. Like others have said, you will keep going back to one, and that is the one calling you.
    Linda

I've only been to CSA, but we shared a dive boat with CN one day so we got to ride over there and get a view of the property from the water. Based on that, I'd say if you're a beach person go with CSA and their strip of the beach is much longer. CN supposedly has a better pool. CN definitely looked more compact and the rooms were hotel-like to me (3 story buildings), while CSA has all different types of room styles.

Everyone has their favorites, you just have to figure out what's important to you

Couples is the best because everyone is treated equal! Everyone is treated like a king and queen! They are so sweet and kind at each couples. No coded wristband to see who is more special. You have no idea who is staying in which level and all is wonderful. They just are the best! We have gone many places and are returning to CN for our tenth time in September. I feel like I really am "going home to family". They can't "train or pay" people to be so big hearted. They just have the best staff hands down anywhere! The food is awesome in my opinion, huge variety burgers to lobster and the drinks just right! Not watery or cheap mixers.

Your perfect is not the same is mine... your disappointment will be far different than mine...

That said, its often been said that one need only look at all four of Couples' wonderful properties, and, like a good cat, the "one" will find you, not the other way around...

Good luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I am sure it has been said a hundred times and is likely to be said a hundred more. However, Couples resorts provide a calm and family atmosphere that no other resort has been able to match for my wife and I. Between the numerous different dining options, the location and variety of the bars on the properties, and of course the amazing people both guest and staff alike, I don't see where any resort can match the value. People talk about inclusions, room rate values, dining values, and amenities when they research a trip. When you look at a message board like this one you find the true value in Couples, the people. The Friends you make at your chosen resort are friends you may see year after year as you take the time to go "Home" and recharge.

CSA, CN, CSS, CTI Whatever your desire there is a couples resort that can fulfill if not all, then the greater number of, your wants and needs.

As Everyone has said, look at the brochures, the websites, and the reviews and when that special place calls out to you, as it has for all of us, you will know you are home.

There are soooo many differences between S and Couples! Kathymjollie, you are in for a treat!
    At Couples, you can't book your next vacation while you are there so no "soon come back desk" to pester you all week!
    At Couples, the spa ladies won't be bugging you on a daily basis with product and "specials" while you are laying on the beach!
    Not a single Couples staff member has a MEGAPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no loud music blasting you out of your lounger around the pool. (you can actually read a book in peace!)
    A Butler level guest cannot butt in front of you at a restaurant.
    There are no loungers with canopys reserved for people more important than you are laying empty all day with a large guy guarding them!
    The LOGO is not in your face everytime you turn around.
    They will not push the wine list at you at every dinner.
    You can actually arrive at the resort and not be expected to spend another penny if you don't want to! Included means INCLUDED.
    No Tipping is enforced, not "worked around."
    The service is impeccable for everyone. They don't ask you what room you are in before they decide if you are worthy of their attention.

Kathymjollie, I cannot wait to hear all about your trip!

Hugs,
    Marnie

How we pronounce Negril....fa-bee-lis.

When we first were deciding which resort to go to, people suggested reading all the reviews and looking at all the pictures and then listening for which when "speaks to you" most. That's what we did and we've been back 3 times. (Still try out the others too and have fabulous experiences!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    There are soooo many differences between S and Couples! Kathymjollie, you are in for a treat!
    At Couples, you can't book your next vacation while you are there so no "soon come back desk" to pester you all week!
    At Couples, the spa ladies won't be bugging you on a daily basis with product and "specials" while you are laying on the beach!
    Not a single Couples staff member has a MEGAPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no loud music blasting you out of your lounger around the pool. (you can actually read a book in peace!)
    A Butler level guest cannot butt in front of you at a restaurant.
    There are no loungers with canopys reserved for people more important than you are laying empty all day with a large guy guarding them!
    The LOGO is not in your face everytime you turn around.
    They will not push the wine list at you at every dinner.
    You can actually arrive at the resort and not be expected to spend another penny if you don't want to! Included means INCLUDED.
    No Tipping is enforced, not "worked around."
    The service is impeccable for everyone. They don't ask you what room you are in before they decide if you are worthy of their attention.

Kathymjollie, I cannot wait to hear all about your trip!

Hugs,
    Marnie
    Marniel, it's the Couples' reviews like the one you just provided tht helped us make up our mind. I'll post a review of our experience at CSS as soon as we returm. I'm so looking forward to this treat!

"It will speak to you." PERFECT
    Lucy

Kathymjollie;
    Our first trip to Jamaica was to S Dunns River which is no longer an S resort. We loved it until we had been to Couples! Won't ever catch us at S again! You are going to love CSS. The view from you balcony will be amazing, the food is to die for and there is no better au naturel beach than Sunset Beach. Make sure you stay after 5 for the saxaphone player! He tours the grounds of the resort then makes his way to Sunset beach and plays through the whole sunset, soooo romantic!

Here is a link to the slideshow I did of SSB including the sax man!

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripw...6-55b4-9237?lb

Marniel...I loved the video! I loved it so much I immediately sent a link to my husband at work. Thanks for sharing. The video was beautiful.

Your welcome Kathy! If you have any last minute questions, fire away!