Thread: Best Rates?

Default Best Rates?

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I have been looking at at the boards for a while now and just want to say thanks for all the amazing info!

My wife and I will be booking our first trip soon for our 5yr anniversary at either CSS or CTI and was hoping for some advice. We are going to book it for sometime in June or July 2015. Are there any weeks during that time frame that have better rates? Any help is appreciated!

Not really, about the only time it's a little cheaper is deeper into hurricane season. Couples does things right and doesn't seem to have any problem filling it's rooms so there doesn't seem to be any big differences. Always feel free to ask questions, email even if you like.

A while ago the rates went up and the was a lot about it on the MB and Couples reduced them. I thank they are about to go up in a day of so, I would book now with the love away plan and if you find a better deal they will match it. When looking for the better deal remember that the resort credit that is offered on couples.com is part of the deal so keep that in mind. sometimes the credit is not offered. Good luck, you wont regret tour choice. I have not been to CTI but people speak very highly about it. CSS is spread out and CTI is compact.

kcl047

Since you said you're going in the June/July timeframe, you must have some flexibility on when to go. Rates won't change during that timeframe, but drastically go down around Aug 21st. It is the hurricane season, but we just get trip insurance and pocket the savings on the room rate, which can increase your stay a couple of days just from the price drop. Also check out all the on-line travel agencies. Some are cheaper than the Couple's site. Email me at vgreenwood799@gmail.com if you'd like specifics, and a good travel agent should at least match the best rate you can find. We do that each year and really like having a travel agent to make all the arrangements for us, and we have someone to turn to for help if anything goes wrong or if we do need to cancel for any reason. We prefer CTI, but many others prefer CSS. We just don't like that 160 some odd steps from the lobby to the beach!

Thanks for the help everyone, we booked our stay at CTI for July of 2015! Another question I have is what is the best way to get from the airport to the resort and about how much will that cost?

Quote Originally Posted by kcl047 View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone, we booked our stay at CTI for July of 2015! Another question I have is what is the best way to get from the airport to the resort and about how much will that cost?
    Couples has an arrival lounge at the airport and will shuttle you to your resort. You only need to tip the driver (~$20 per couple) and the baggage handlers ($1/bag). They have beer in lounge and make sure you get "one for the road." The shuttle drivers usually stop once on the drive (2 - 2.5hr drive) for bio-breaks and snacks/beer.