Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Secrets of CN

Default Secrets of CN

My husband and I will be at CN this December (149 days away) and I just thought I would throw out there a question...

What are some neat, different things that folks have done while at this resort? I realize that there is so much to do with excursions, food and resort activities but maybe there have been some "different" experiences or things that people have done that are outside the advertised activities? Special places on the property that are extra special?

Just curious!

Thanks!

hi mkqupnorth,
    This is going to be a good thread I just know it.

try a late night hot tub, either the hidden one near the scuba pool or the au nat, very private late at night, take some drinks, plastic glasses..watch the stars, we even got up at 2:00am once and walked over in bath robes

slip away to a hammock on the beach after the entertainment, take a towel and put a few floaties on the hammock, (wipe them dry with the towel), get a rum cream based drink and watch for stars thru the palms

take a mini flashlight and a late night stroll behind building six, stay on the path, turn on the lite at the last moment and watch for the giant land crabs...best around 11;00pm

get up early(no drinks needed) and watch for dawn to arrive on the beach, awesome

be the first to break the calm surface of Bloody Bay before breakfast

take a kayak just past the point, north of the B resort, technically thats as far as you can go, but just at the corner there is a private little ramp, dont tell Bryan he will say you went too far out

sleep/rest/cuddle up one afternoon during the rains with your sliding door open and a breeze coming thru your room

have fun whatever you do...

PV

There are a lot of cool, shady, peaceful places back in the garden areas further from the beach. I ran across lots of hammocks, benches, and a couple of little gazebos back there. Everyone seems to gravitate toward the pool and beach (for good reason) so I never saw anyone sitting in any of these beautiful areas. When I had had enough sun I found lots of quiet beautiful places to sit and read or relax and use the Wi-Fi to keep up with events at home.
    There are some pics of a few of these places I put up at:
    http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff487/RoyinNC/

Have a great trip!

Sneak up into the tree house at night....do what comes natural!

They have a "special drink" advertised every day-usually a rum based drink. Get it!

These are great suggestions everyone! You all are making me even more excited to get there!

Keep 'em comin!

I also love this thread and will be watching closely. I want to hear more lol. I'm taking notes and I'm not even going until April. Rhallva, excellent pics.

John

Get a bottle of bubbly from one of the bars and go and watch the sunset Au Naturel. The AN beach gets very quiet this time of day. It's a beautiful vantage point for the sunset and quiet way to try AN if you're curious about it. Sipping champagne and watching the sunset AN, it's somthing to try if you haven't done it before. You can do it from the hot tub, though the view of the sunset might be obscured.

ENJOY!!!

rhallva - we have been to CN 3 times and have NEVER seen that arrangement of painted rocks!!! Where is that?? And who paints all those??

from reading this message board for over 5 years, I realized that many people do not know about the self-serve ice cream machine tucked away near the beach grill. It makes for a great afternoon treat ... especially with some Appleton run on top!!

Quote Originally Posted by IrieDreaming View Post
    rhallva - we have been to CN 3 times and have NEVER seen that arrangement of painted rocks!!! Where is that?? And who paints all those??
    There is at least one location between blocks 1 and 2, near the block 1 stairwell closest to the games room. Painted rocks started appearing there in 2010 and there were many more this year.

We assume guests paint them, probably with assistance from a beach vendor, but don't really know.

fwiw, we're not really fans of the look, It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the decor - imnsho.

Those painted rocks are located near the entrance to building one near Heliconia, the end of building 1 furthest from the beach very near the game room area. They actually had a table set up there one day where people could paint rocks or have them painted. Some of them look like there were done by someone who paints far better than me!

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by IrieDreaming View Post
    from reading this message board for over 5 years, I realized that many people do not know about the self-serve ice cream machine tucked away near the beach grill. It makes for a great afternoon treat ... especially with some Appleton run on top!!
    or with your favorite coffee liqueur on top... (I know, the options are endless)

ENJOY!!!

AN Jacuzzi is the place to go at night! very romantic

Bumping this to see if there are any other secrets to know in advance of our trip in May.

Thanks for the pics rhallva!!

Quote Originally Posted by jnrz View Post
    Sneak up into the tree house at night....do what comes natural!
    sleep??!! jk!

Great topic, any other secrets out there?

Quote Originally Posted by thadeus View Post
    Bumping this to see if there are any other secrets to know in advance of our trip in May.

Thanks for the pics rhallva!!
    OK, ssssshhhhhhh......
    the small airport shuttle bus has very high back seats and verydark tinted windows.......very private.......great way to get a little road action on the 90 minute drive back to the airport and a great way to end a beautiful time at CN.

First and foremost, take the tour of the resort on your first day. On this you not only get to know the resort, you get to meet the entertainment staff, that really makes the rest of your stay enjoyable. To always be greeted by name gives you the feeling you are home. The resort at night is amazing. Stay up, go to the disco, dance like you are 18, and then, take your shoes off and walk the grounds. The ocean glows at night, not a reflection, a glow. (The security guard told us why, but I can't remember.) Get to know the cook at the grill, the bar staff, and watch all the activities of the resort that turns it into the magically perfect resort each morning. Get up early and watch the crew manicure the beach. They are very engaging and are so proud to tell you of the work they do, and love the compliments. The hot tub in the moonlight is incredible. And play beach volley ball. It is a blast.... Above all, enjoy yourself. And ice cream with appletons....

In the wonderful Caribbean after dark......swishing arms, hands (or whatever), through the water produces a bioluminescence unseen in the day light hours. With the right conditions, it can seem like a scene out of 'Avatar'. Try it.
    One love,
    TonyS

Around sunset, walk out into the water until you're about chest deep, then look down at the ocean floor. You'll be surprised about how many starfish you'll find.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I LOVE this thread!! Thanks everyone for the great ideas - we're heading to CN in October and can't wait to try out all these amazing ideas!! Hope there's lots more!

Not "on property", but you could take a stroll north on the beach to the Office of Nature.

From the lobby, head to the beach and turn right. Go past the adjacent resort and continue walking. Eventually, you will see some vendors set up and a sign saying "Office of Nature". This is the "new" Office of Nature. If you continue past that, you will see more vendors under a blue awning/tarp. This is the "original" Office of Nature. (Long story as to why there are two "Office of Nature's".) At either one of these establishments you can get fresh, grilled lobster for US$15-$25 depending on the size of the lobster. Eat it right there on the beach and chat with the vendors.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

The luminescence is especially cool at the end of a night dive. Everybody, at the end of the safety stop, turn off their flashlights, so it is totally dark. They hook arms in a circle and slowly kick the last 10 feet to the surface. As the water is stirred by the kick of the fins, beautiful green sparks seem to fly through the water. It is an amazing experience.

I can't wait! Only 90 more days

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast