Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is it all worth it?

We have paid extra $ to stay at a Couple's resort as opposed to another AI resort in Jamaica. Will we be satisfied with our stay From August 6th through August 13th? Is anyone going during that week?

Not sure what you mean by paying "extra $" to stay at Couples, but compared to others for us that fact that there are no children--big plus--all couples--another big plus--no tips--plus--no up charges to eat at certain restaurants; all guests treated the same, included excursions, water sports. We have stayed at other A/I resorts in Jamaica, they were more $$ in the long run. If you are not satisfied with something, let the management know.

As for your travel dates and who will be there, click on the meet up tab at the top and then your resort. There are typically lists going for who is going to be where and when.

Go, enjoy!
    Vicky

We will be in CN ,From July 29,till Aug 8,2011 hope to see you there Ernestine & John

We will be at CN from 8/4 thru 8/9
    You will not be disappointed!
    So worth it.....see for yourself and then let us know....

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Oh, yeah. It's worth it. You'll see.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

2 or 3 years ago we stayed at an AI in the Dominican Republic in order to "save money." To make a long story short it was a huge mistake. That's not to say that there might be some comparable resorts to Couples out there in the Caribbean but trust me, spending the extra money to get the Couple's Experience is definitely worth it.

Couples is worth every penny and then some....
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Sadly, we will be one of those last lepers at CN on August 6th. You will see us, sadly boarding the shuttle to return home and looking with longingly through the glass at the arriving flights once at the airport.

As for is it worth it - resoundlying - YES!!!!!

As far as I'm aware, there's only one other couples-only all-inclusive in Jamaica, and as Vickyj said, the cost there may be a little deceiving. We've not been ourselves, but we have many friends who have, and the very recurring theme is that unless you get all the "upgrades" to the package, it's a sub-par experience. So unless you're the type of person who really needs to feel superior to other guests by waving money around (literally in the case of, say, some Vegas clubs or figuratively by gloating about the fact that you have the ultra-super-VIP resort package), I think you've made the right choice in Couples. As Vickyj also said, if you're not satisfied, just politely inform somebody. We've never had any major complaints, but they've always been very accommodating about the few snags we've come across or requests that we've had.

I wouldn't stay at another AI in Jamaica. We are saving for trip #6, #5 to Swept Away. We think it's a good value considering what's included.

Oh yes it is worth it. I am a fanatic about not spending too much and I was leary at first of Couples All Inclusive. I really didn't believe it could be that great. There is SOOO much extra included at these resorts. But more than that, it's the atmosphere and the people and the feeling you have when you are there.I guess this tells it all- we are headed back for trip #7 to CN next week and we are still so excited!

Seriously, you are spending maybe 200 more upfront so that you don't have to pay another 600 or so when you get there! Think about it, tips, excursions, golf, snorkeling. They add up in a hurry! Not to mention the fact that at Couples you don't have to carry money around all day. That is worth something right there.

what kind of knuckle head are you????? yes, if you DECIDE to have a good time you will!!!!

we have tried a lot of AI and Couples by far gets the most bang for your buck so to speak We will not
    be going back to the S resorts We like CSA better than CN, both are great! Like CSA a bit more because of the energy and more restaurants.

Yes, its worth it. We have traveled other places before we found Couples and now we consider it our second home. We dont go any place else because we know it will not love up to Couples. So many people say to us "your going there AGAIN? Why dont you try something else?" No way! Why..? And be disappointed? We have already seem what is out there, and its not even close to the experience we get at Couples.

We have been to the "S" resorts ourselves... and like it has been said before - we will never go back! Couples is our "home" and we return as often as we can!!!

As the Jamaican slogan says... "Once you go, you'll know"!

Have fun!!!

I have been a travel agent for 30+ years & Couples is where I choose to go on my personal vacations....nuf said
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We will be traveling to CSA the week of 8-6 to 8-13. This is my first time to Jamaica and to CSA. We chose this resort due to all of the wonderful reports. We have a stressfull life in Dallas and are looking forward to a week away at a GREAT resort. We can't wait to see what all the hype is about. Really EXCITED. Any suggestions on "things not to be missed" would be great. Looking forward to walking 7 mile beach. Not too worried about vendors, Mr. is 6'6" and we are both very polite, so hope what works in our favor.

Thank you for all the responses! Last year we stayed at the Iberost*r Grand in MO. It was pretty, peaceful, and adults only also but we left feeling that we don't get any recognition for repeat returns to that chain. That's why I looked into I found Couples.

We are paying about the same price for our trip in August through Apple, but are definatly hoping for a far better experience. And I expect we will going by all the responses I have got so far.

Thanks, I will.

My husband and I went to CSA (first timers) in April......... I have never been so impressed with with an AI .... EVER. All we want to do now is go back. completly worth every penny!!!! We are returning at Christmas.

We've stayed at an AI in the Dominican Republic that was also adults only (but not Couples only). We've also stayed at other non-AI resorts throughout the Caribbean. When you add it up, Couples is a bargain, especially with the rates during the off-season. We really enjoy that there is no tipping at Couples (no need to carry around a small wad of dollar bills just to get a drink). Many other AIs do not include things like snorkeling, waterskiing, tennis lessons, etc. And compared to non-AIs, well, Couples offers premium liquor at all of its resorts. Let me put it this way - I was just at a family resort in Florida and saw fish tacos priced at $25 and a cheeseburger for $18. And this was not a very high end resort, either (I was there for a conference).

As long as you don't have very high expectations on the room (marble and brass), you will be OK. We also love the hugh balconies/verandahs that are available in many of the room categories.

Okay, here is another point, Couples is Jamaican owned. Aforementioned resorts are not. The IG is Spanish owned.

We stayed at a family resort in MoBay about 10 years ago (wow doesn't seem that long) anyway, we did the A/I and if we hadn't the breakfast buffet was $30.
    Vicky

Yes... you are making an excellent choice. We have been to Couples 7 times (have experienced all four Couples resort), and are booked for a second trip this year and scheduled already for 2012. We have also stayed at another A/I couples only resort with a higher pricing and fewer inclusions. There are a number of other options that may cost less initially that are A/I adult only, but will not be as inclusive as Couples -- that's one of the things that makes the difference.

And from a cost/budget standpoint, we find that CSS is the lowest cost and one of our favorites. Our other favorite is CSA and also love CN. You can not go wrong with any one of the four Couples locations -- they are just different which make it nice for us as we like variety and thus rotate between the resorts.

Bottom line -- YES you have made a perfect choice.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad to see all of these responses! I'm just like you aperkins, I have always been the type to second-guess myself on vacation choices. We will be at CN August 11-16 celebrating our 20th anniversary. We've never been to Jamaica, nor a Couples Resort, but from everything I've read, it looks like we are going to have a great time!

See you there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast