Default CSA - BFVS vs. BFS? I researched most of the older posts but have 1 more ?

Ok, by reading through older posts I have gathered that the differences between BFS and BFVS are the following:

BFS - no glass on window, larger room, no TV, 3 of these suites have large patio, further from beach
    BFVS -glass on windows, smaller room, has TV, has small patio, closer too beach

I guess my question is what is the different in distance to the beach? Anyone have pics? Im torn between being close to beach vs possible larger patio n no TV.

I'm not sure the BFVS room is smaller. You may want to double check that. Also some of the BFS are definitely closer to the beach than the BFVS. All of these are so close to the beach that you won't care about that. Bear in mind that not all of them have the large balconies and there is no guarantee that you will get one of them that do. I do see you mentioned possible so I'm sure you've read that.

Another thing to consider is that the BFVS might be as high as 4 stories. Still great, just a different perspective.

The bottom line is either would be great.
    Last edited by ORV; July 18th, 2011 at 04:19 PM.

its really not much difference at all cant go wrong either way the BFS are in the older section of the esort when it was nice and small. the BFVS are in the newer and closer to swim up pool bar, patios, feathers, auroa lounge etc...
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

The beachfront suites and beachfront verandah suites are equally close to the beach. The former were part of the resort in its original form, and the latter were added when the resort expanded.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

In addition to what you state above, the BFS rooms are in smaller building blocks (3 or 4 rooms per block) while the BFVS rooms are in 12 room blocks (3 stories each). The BFVS rooms are all the same (we have stayed in 4 different BFVS rooms). The only difference in the BFVS rooms are the views. The third floor rooms have spectacular views. When we've stayed on the 2nd floor, we have sometimes had our view of the sunset blocked by a palm tree (but could still see the ocean just fine).

I would not say that all of the BFS rooms and patios are bigger than the BFVS rooms. The BFS rooms vary quite a bit - some have the big wrap around porch and others have verandahs smaller than the BFVS verandahs. I always thought the BFVS verandahs were a nice size - certainly big enough for a couch, table, chair and still not cramped.

Most of the BFVS buildings are slightly closer to the beach path than some of the BFS rooms. They are all really close, though, especially compared to some resorts that say their rooms are beachfront and you are really 500 feet from the beach.

Both are approx the same distance from the beach. They are located right on the main path. If the BFS are "further" from the beach it is only by a few feet. So it really depends on what is important to YOU.. TV or no TV... glass or no glass.... larger room in "bungalow" type building with 4 rooms to a building... or a smaller room with several rooms to a building (I want to say 9?? 3 on each floor?). Yes there are 3 BFS with the larger patio but the patio on the other BFS's are still signifigantly larger than the BFVS. So I dont think the distance is enough to be a issue. I will post some pics of the view from our BFS once they get approved.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Bfs

Name:  BFS2.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  BFS2.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  69.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

They are the same distance from the beach. Literally just have to cross the pathway and you are on the beach.

I have only stayed in a bfvs but my guess is the room size between the two are about the same. Some of the verandas of the bfs seem larger to me.
    If you get a second or third floor bfvs, you have stairs to navagate so you are farther from the beach. My second floor bfvs view was obstructed by palms but I liked the first floor. We were steps from the beach. The first floor bfs are just steps away also. If I could afford it again, I would definitely try the BFS as they just look awesome. The different buildings between bfs and bfvs are the same distance pretty much. They are all beachfront. The upper floor ones view might be obstructed somewhat. I hope it this helps

There is no real difference in distance from the beach... beachfront is beachfront at SweptAway. If there is a true difference in distance, its perhaps in feet, not yards...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Which rooms have jacuzzi tubes at CSA? Are the tubes in the bathroom? Any on the Balcony? Are the Great House Verandah Suites similar to BFVS. Is it just garden view vs Ocean View?

Only the Greathouse Jacuzzi suites rooms have jacuzzis in the rooms. There are only four of these rooms at CSA. No jacuzzis on the property. I don't think the GHVS rooms are anything like the BFVS rooms. The Greathouse rooms are much farther back from the beach than the BFVS rooms. The Greathouse rooms also have more of a "hotel" like feel to them since there are interior corridors.