Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default CSA- Which BFVS is best

    We are supposed to arrive on Saturday for our first trip to CSA. I have read so many comments on this board which have been helpful. I know we cannott request a specific room, but I am hoping to ask when we get there. So, my question is which floor is the best to be on for the BFVS? I am interested in the 1st floor for convenience, but I am willing to sacrifice convenience if the view is much better. Any advice is helpful.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I'm interested to hear answers to this too as we have also booked a BFVS and will be arriving in just under 2 weeks!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    We were in 4122, on the 1st floor in building 45. Sandy's back is _trashed_ (surgery soon) and the stairs weren't really an option. We could appreciate the view from above, but it sure was nice being able to take just 5 steps to the beach, or running back to the room from the pool to get something, etc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    316

    Default

    The 1st floor is convenient but the view is better the higher you go. But you already knew that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,929

    Default

    The verandahs of all suites face toward the beach. Entrance to all suites (all categories) at SweptAway is from the road-side of the buildings. The exception, of course is the ability to enter the first floor suites from the verandah. So from a convenience perspective, there is an advantage there. All other floors (all categories) have views that can be obstructed by the lush and growing vegetation, shrubs, palm trees, etc. that compete with the beach and ocean for you viewing pleasure.

    There seems to be a lot of worry and concern about the "best" view available. I say relax. There are no bad views, expecially when I have yet to see anyone give qualified criteria for what constitutes the "best" view. Its a very subjective discussion, to be sure. But let's agree to distill it down to this... there are no "bad" views at SweptAway (or at any of the other Couples properties, for that matter).

    Trust me... you'll be very happy with the view. And if you're obsessing with the view from your verandah... you're missing the very best part of SweptAway, in my opinion... and that it that magnificent strand of sugary sand known as "the World Famous Seven Mile Beach".

    Enjoy!
    Chris

    "In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Name:  HPIM1088 (Small) (2).jpg
Views: 598
Size:  48.9 KB

    We've stayed in 3rd floor center rooms and 3rd floor corner rooms. Great view--lots of stairs. The stairs were not really a problem, even after several Red Stripes!!

    We then stayed in a first floor room. Now it's the only thing that we want. We are currently book for a Beachfront Suite for March 1, 2012. We will ask for a 1st floor room when we check in. We really love the fact that you can go out your verandah doors and head right out to the beach. In the old days, before the keyless entry, you could leave your doors unlocked and come and go thru the patio. Now you have to push the door shut, but not fully latch it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    We stayed in 4122 also. It's a first floor and it was awesome. If you want a couple pics I could email them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    We like the third floor BFVS rooms for the view. We also like that there aren't rooms above us and we don't hear footsteps. We've had second floor BFVS rooms and on one occasion, our view of the sunset was obstructed by palm trees. We still had a lovely view, just couldn't see the sunset from our verandah.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    We stayed in 4122 also. It's a first floor and it was awesome. If you want a couple pics I could email them.
    Hey girl, hope all is going well with you and just one question. is that a end room or in the middle?
    I am wanting bottom floor but have heard that you want the end units! Take care softail19!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    You can't enter the suite from the veranda once it is locked though, we got locked out twice, OOOPS

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    we stayed in room 4120. i asked for first floor corner room and got just what i asked for. it exceeded all my expectations. some people dont like that people can c u on ur verandah on the first floor. I SAY THE PEOPLE THAT STARE R JUST JELOUS! i was 15 steps from the beach bar and 30 from the ocean. i loved the fact that if we got to hot by the water r verandah was right there. oh and the first day we got there i draged 2 lounge chairs up in front of r verandah where we would sunbath in the afternoon. if u would like to c some pics of the room, beach, and the view from r verandah contact me on fb. my fb pic is of one of the sunsets

  12. #12

    Default

    the one your staying in period your in paradise!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

  13. #13

    Default

    The one we are staying in---lol. For our two previous visits we have stayed in a 3rd floor room and are hoping to do that again next April----we love the view and don't mind the stairs.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Hi Soonerfans, no 4122 was not on the end but no big deal to us. It was awesome just steps to the beach and Bamboo bar. Great location I think.
    Again, so excited for your trip as I don't know when we'll get "home". Have a good summer.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    Hey girl, hope all is going well with you and just one question. is that a end room or in the middle?
    I am wanting bottom floor but have heard that you want the end units! Take care softail19!
    4122 is the 3rd from the end closest to the pool.

  16. #16

    Default

    Yrsterday there was 4 couples checking in and the women hogged the entire checkin lobby griping about which BFVS was the best and they wasted 25mins arguing with the staff about when the rooms could be ready. I felt really bad for the men on the trip - RELAX! A few of us waiting made fun and drank way too much champagne watching.

    Funny thing is later in the day one of the women was in the ocean and her boyfriend/husband was arguing with her from shore. It ended with him saying, "FINE, F@&$ You then!"

    Lol hope that wasnt you - were on vacation!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdspieth View Post
    we stayed in room 4120. i asked for first floor corner room and got just what i asked for. it exceeded all my expectations. some people dont like that people can c u on ur verandah on the first floor. I SAY THE PEOPLE THAT STARE R JUST JELOUS! i was 15 steps from the beach bar and 30 from the ocean. i loved the fact that if we got to hot by the water r verandah was right there. oh and the first day we got there i draged 2 lounge chairs up in front of r verandah where we would sunbath in the afternoon. if u would like to c some pics of the room, beach, and the view from r verandah contact me on fb. my fb pic is of one of the sunsets
    cdspieth, how can I find you on fb? under this name or how? I would love to see some pics! thanks!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnArbor_707 View Post
    Yrsterday there was 4 couples checking in and the women hogged the entire checkin lobby griping about which BFVS was the best and they wasted 25mins arguing with the staff about when the rooms could be ready. I felt really bad for the men on the trip - RELAX! A few of us waiting made fun and drank way too much champagne watching.

    Funny thing is later in the day one of the women was in the ocean and her boyfriend/husband was arguing with her from shore. It ended with him saying, "FINE, F@&$ You then!"

    Lol hope that wasnt you - were on vacation!!!
    How funny AnnArbor_707!! That was a good morning laugh!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkSandy View Post
    4122 is the 3rd from the end closest to the pool.
    Thanks MarkSandy! All this info is great!!!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Hi Soonerfans, no 4122 was not on the end but no big deal to us. It was awesome just steps to the beach and Bamboo bar. Great location I think.
    Again, so excited for your trip as I don't know when we'll get "home". Have a good summer.
    Havent talked to you in a while but hope all is well and are you still going on that cruise this winter?
    Hoping you guys can go back "home" Dec of 2012 so we can finally meet! Take care!!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    cdspieth, how can I find you on fb? under this name or how? I would love to see some pics! thanks!
    chris spieth. my pic is a beautiful sunset ill hv to ok u in order for u to look at them

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Soonerfans... This is the view from 4122:

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1360447430

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Hi Soonerfans, yes we are booked on that cruise for January. We have to do the family thing once in a while. I know I will be wishing I was at CSA but I don't get to spend much time with my dad since he is down in your fine state! I'll just have to live through everyone else's trips for now. Definitely planning on 2013, so far away! If I'm still employed by then( postal worker), we can never get time off in December so we have to go later in the winter which is fine with me anyway since it's so awful up here in MN. Take care yourself!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •