Default please help us pack

we are getting mixed messeges about what can be packed. we have, i believe made a mistake by buying spray sunscreen and not the lotion. but then how much lotion can you bring. i also would like to bring hairspray as well. what is the skinny on really what you can pack in your luggage?

I dont think there is any skinny on what you can pack in your suitcase kkld! pack your sunscreen and hairspray just not in your carry on!

In your checked luggage you can pack whatever you want as long as it is not on the banned items list (explosives, compressed oxygen etc). In your hand luggage anything you want (as long as it is not banned) that is under 3oz and fits ina quart sized ziplock bag. We usually pack a can of spray sunscreen per day and a couple of tubes of lotion and a bottle of bug spray in our checked bags.

Amy

This link may help:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...false&from=Nav

You may have to copy/paste it into your browser...

We only bring spray sunscreen and pack it in our checked bags. I always put it in large ziplock bags just in case but have never had a problem. As for hairspray - I am able to get my brand at the salon where I get my hair done. It is travel size so I pack it in my carry-on in the quart sized ziplock bag you are allowed for liquids.

We went through a lot more spray sunscreen this year than we have before. Next year we will pack at least a bottle for each day. It's expensive to buy it at the resort - around $25 I think.

Have fun!!!!

You can pack any of that in checked baggage and as much as you want. The biggest problem with the spray is that if you are applying outside, the wind carries a good portion away from your body. If you apply in the room, the floor gets sticky/slippery unless you stand on a towel. What ever you pack, place it in a large ziplock bag so that if it does leak, it doesn't get all over your clothes. We take both. I like aerosol for my back. I don't like the feel of oil/lotion being rubbed on my bag that as sand on it. For your carry on, you can only take one 1quart bag for each person with liquids/aerosols no bigger than three oz. each. This bag is pulled out at the security check point.
    Vicky

If you are checking your luggage, you can take just about anything legal in any amount. If you're packing carry-on only, you're limited to the airline security restrictions - 3 oz or so of each liquid fitting in your quart size bag (estimating the amount, don't rely on me for accuracy!). As for the spray sunscreen, some like it and if that's what you prefer you'll be fine. Just bring lots as I hear the cans get emptied fast. Personally I prefer the lotion and will probably bring 5 bottles of various SPF with me for a 10 day stay.

Are you asking from the point of carry-on or checked bags?

The TSA limits will come into play for carry-ons, but those limits are "loosened" if you're using "stowed overhead baggage". i.e., three ounces in your purse or backpack, but most anything within reason in a rollie bag that you'll stow overhead. I've personally traveled with appx 16oz of liquid in an overhead bag.

If you're talking about checked bags, then you only have the weight limits to contend with.

You CAN pack any of these (hairspray, tanning spray or lotion) into your checked luggage.

Any liquids (not sprays with propellents) less than 3 oz can be packed into a quart ziplock bag to get through security. They can then be packed into your carryon.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Depends....are you using checked luggage or carry on? If you are carrying on, you can only take a 3oz bottle of each liquid you have. All the 30z bottles will need to fit in a quart size zip lock bag. I don't know about your airline, but I know when we traveled last year on American that we didn't get charged for our checked bags since it was an international flight. (Please check with your airline though, they like to change the rules and nickel and dime as much as they can)

If you are checking luggage, then pack whatever you like. We had sunscreen, (I used Banana Boat creme, and my wife used Banana Boat spray aerosol), Deep woods Off, hairspray, etc.

I wouldn't say you made a mistake buying spray. My ginger wife used SPF50 without issues and no burning. She did use creme on her face. Biggest thing, as they always say is to re-apply as needed throughout the day. You will sweat, and get in the water, so please keep that in mind.

We are also big believers in tanning prior to arrival. It can get your skin somewhat ready for the tropical sun.

There are those that like to pack way light, and don't pack many cloths for nights at dinners other than Patois and the Palms. I know my wife isn't planning on having a checked back next time. The biggest thing to remember is that having 3 swimsuits is a good idea. They do not dry in the humidity very well. In the room takes longer than out on your patio / balcony. Having an extra beach towel is also a good idea.

Pack any electronics in your carry on. Keep your passport on your person and not in your luggage. If you are checking luggage, please take one days cloths and a swim suit in your carry on in case your bag doesn't arrive when you do. (This happened to us last year)

Good Luck and Safe Travels.

DOn't worry....we arrived June 5th this year but our luggage did not make it until June 7th. We made it two days on what we had in our carry on. After this year, I have realized that packing is WAY OVERRATED!!!!!
    What ever you have will be fine. If not, pick up a little something extra in the gift shop if you think you need to.

Respect,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

anything over 3 oz has to be in checked bags, sprays included. There is no real limit on liquids/sprays that can be in your checked bags. Do double ziploc bag them though!!!

i want to thank everyone for their help in this matter!!!! sunday i will be spraying myself with my spray sunscreen!!! lol

One thing that our airline told is that flights into Montego Bay only permit 1 carry-on. Usually we get to bring 2 - so we had to take that into account...

Not sure if that is with everyone or just West Jet - but the agent I spoke to said that it was due to security in Montego Bay; not the airline.

We are bringing some smaller sunscreens in our carry-on bc if our luggage is delayed - we want to still be able to hit the beach!!

Already packed and still 8 days to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSandy View Post
    Are you asking from the point of carry-on or checked bags?

The TSA limits will come into play for carry-ons, but those limits are "loosened" if you're using "stowed overhead baggage". i.e., three ounces in your purse or backpack, but most anything within reason in a rollie bag that you'll stow overhead. I've personally traveled with appx 16oz of liquid in an overhead bag.

If you're talking about checked bags, then you only have the weight limits to contend with.
    Not sure what airports you fly from but TSA requires liquids to be in a single quart ziploc at our home airport and they will discard anything over 3.4 ounces.

While combined amount may well be in excess of 16 oz, that is not the case for individual containers. We travel carry on only and have become quite skilled as to what we can fit in a ziploc.