Default Feedback on the new Boat and Dock at TI

Can anyone give us some feedback on the combination of the new boat and the permanent dock at TI? I was wondering how these new additions have changed the frequency of "days open" for going to the island. We most often go in November when the weather is a bit rougher than in the summer, but I'm sure there are some windy/rough days in the summertime as well. It seems to me that there are at least 2 days every trip where the island has been closed for weather/transportation concerns... So my question is .... Have the two new additions ( boat and dock) made a noticeable difference in keeping the island open more frequently?
    Tom & Peggy NJ

We have never had "island closure", however, we loved the boat and dock. As windy as it was this year, I have a feeling that it may have been closed otherwise. They also need to keep open as much as possible for weddings and island private dinners.
    Vicky

Hi Peggy! I was wondering the exact same thing. Also, is it easier to get in and out of the boat from the pier. Nobody has made mention of that. It's always been a relatively easy transition at the island but much harder at the pier. Any pics with the boat at the pier would be great.

We were there in early June. The new boat was only 9 days old when we arived. I would think the island would be open more for you if the decision to close it was based predominantly on the ride over. It is really nice and easy now. The island is never closed in June when we are there...at least it has not been in our five trips. I thinkk it is a ton safer now for guessts. The dock is solid and the boat is large, stable, and has a great captain in Delan.

Peace,
    Billy
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by doncindy View Post
    Hi Peggy! I was wondering the exact same thing. Also, is it easier to get in and out of the boat from the pier. Nobody has made mention of that. It's always been a relatively easy transition at the island but much harder at the pier. Any pics with the boat at the pier would be great.
    Depending on the tide, the step up to the dock or pier and the step down to the boat from either is not horrible. It is not nearly as "treacherous" as the old boat and floating dock at TI.
    Vicky

Default Hi Don & Cindy

Hi Don & Cindy,
    Are you guys going to be there this November? We'll be there from 3/10 Hope to see you guys again.
    Tom & Peggy NJ

Thanks for that update. But I am still wondering how a person gets into the boat. I can see how getting out at the island dock will be a breeze, but getting on still puzzles me. Thanks for your help.

113 and going down

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Thanks for that update. But I am still wondering how a person gets into the boat. I can see how getting out at the island dock will be a breeze, but getting on still puzzles me. Thanks for your help.

113 and going down
    Just like before, but the boat is much more stable. We were there with a friend who has a bad knee and then the tide was out, it was more difficult for her to take the step up to the pier. It just pulls up to the same place on the pier and you step up and off the boat. Again, it is much more stable than "The Islander". Delan said they are thinking of naming the new boat "No Tan Lines". Not sure how that will go over with the wedding/private dinner crowd, but we like it.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by mr2cool96 View Post
    Hi Don & Cindy,
    Are you guys going to be there this November? We'll be there from 3/10 Hope to see you guys again.
    Tom & Peggy NJ
    No not this year, but I'm glad to see you two are going back. I sure would like to be on that island right now. I'm guessing it's about 15 degrees cooler. Have a great time!

Default Same Here

I see you guys are getting the same weather as us Don & Cindy. I guess Mass and NJ would be about the same LOL. Supposed to hit over 100 today in NJ and we're going to an outdoor concert tonoght. It's in the mountains of PA so we're hoping it will be a bit cooler up there.

We were on the island this July and we had several days with whitecaps. In the past the island would most likely be closed on whitecap days because the water would be too rough to get out of the boat at the island. No closures this time!! We were very happy campers!

Default weluvjamaica

Quote Originally Posted by weluvjamaica View Post
    We were on the island this July and we had several days with whitecaps. In the past the island would most likely be closed on whitecap days because the water would be too rough to get out of the boat at the island. No closures this time!! We were very happy campers!
    weluvjamaica, I hope you had a great vacation. Just one question though, were the other water activities still taking place? If you didn't notice, I can understand. Being in the island can do that to you. Don

Default Reply

Thanks welovejamaica... I think that answers my question. It seems that the island is certainly more accessible with the new boat and island dock. I understood the corporate concern for taking people back and forth in that little boat in rough waters and having to keep your fingers crossed every time someone was getting on or off at the island side. There have been a couple of times when I nearly lost balance myself ( usually on the departing trip...go figure LOL ) ...Thanks to the powers that be, it seems we will all be enjoying much more time on the island. Thank you Randymon and all involved in getting the boat and building the pier.

The boat is awesome as well as our captains! No Red Flag days! We have been in the past and have had either to leave the island or it was just closed due to rough water! Also has an incredible sound system...Delan even made us a CD to take home! The boat made it very easy to spend 8 days on the island!

The new boat and dock are fantastic. We did have one red flag day in which other water sports were canceled including our scuba, however, the island stayed open the entire time. The step up to the dock on the main land is a little stretch, but the guys are quick to help you.

weluvjamaica, I hope you had a great vacation. Just one question though, were the other water activities still taking place? If you didn't notice, I can understand. Being in the island can do that to you. Don
    You're right Don, I did not notice what was going on with the water activities. Although we did have island friends who were scuba divers and they did not have any dives cancelled.

While we were there in July, it was usually pretty calm in the mornings and the watersports were being done. It wasn't until after lunch that they would get cancelled due to winds. The island was still open, though!
    Vicky