Thread: Dress Code @ CN

Default Dress Code @ CN

Hi there,
    My fiance and I are going to CN in September-- He is not a fancy kind of guy..not a big fan of dressing up! I was told my a friend who went to another CN that her husband went back to the room after dinner, changed out of dress pants, put on a nice pair of shorts and went back down to the bar etc.... is this an issue at CN? I don't want my fiance to feel uncomfortable and I know he will if he has to spend the majority of his nights in long pants!!
    Any dress code feedback???
    Thanks!!

No that's not an issue! My husband did the same thing - wore his dress pants and closed toed shoes to the nice restaurant (Otaheite is the only one you have to abide by the men's pants and shoes) and then we went up to the room so he could put shorts on and we went back out to the bar. I wouldnt want to wear the pants and shoes all night if I weren't comfortable in them either. Have a great time!

Most all the guys NEVER wore long pants. It's too hot!!! If you want to go to Otaheite one night, that's the only time he would wear long pants.

As nice as it is to dress properly for the "fancy" restaurants and the repeaters dinners at Couples, afterwards I immediately head to the room to change into a nice pair of shorts & sandals to enjoy the rest of the night.

Sounds like you are describing my husband! " No problem" - change if you want after Otaheite dinner. All other meals were in shorts and shirts. Otaheite had cold A/C when we were there last - I was glad for a wrap around my shoulders as my shoulders were sunburnt and the sun dress had skimpy straps.

Yes, the Otaheite is the only place that he will need to wear long pants. My wife got me a pair of light weight linen pants and a short sleeved button down shirt. They were comfortable enough that I stayed in them for most of the night after dinner (June 2010). The dress is actually far more casual than I expected, as we were there for our first time. I also read all the "rules" and reviews and was somewhat nervous about what I was going to wear. It sounds like your fiance and I would get along just fine. I dont like to get all "fancy" either. I usually wear cowboy boots and jeans when not working, so I know how it feels. Enjoy your trip, it'll be the best one you ever had.

I only wear long pants to Otaheite and the repeaters dinner. Otherwise I will be in shorts and a decent t-shirt.

I never take anything dressy nor does my husband. I take one dress for Otahite and my husband wears ttrousers ( long pants) that he would have worn on the flight from the UK. Apart from the Otahite dinner, we both wear shorts for all other meals.
    You will see people in smart dresses with full make make up, but IMHO, it is way over the top. We are there to relax...not to look as if we are going to a Gala!

Quote Originally Posted by jannette View Post
    I never take anything dressy nor does my husband. I take one dress for Otahite and my husband wears ttrousers ( long pants) that he would have worn on the flight from the UK. Apart from the Otahite dinner, we both wear shorts for all other meals.
    You will see people in smart dresses with full make make up, but IMHO, it is way over the top. We are there to relax...not to look as if we are going to a Gala!
    Jannette...definitely with you on that! I have a nice dress for Otaheite and my husband has long pants, but we are not fancy either and prefer shorts for most nights and don't feel out of place. Some people LOVE to get all dressed up and they look good and that is OK for them. Glad we can all be ourselves and enjoy our vacation, the way we want to!